End of level chest

Right now the end of level chest is very underwhelming - getting purple or even gold drops from random enemies during the map, and then the flashy chest at the end dropping a useless green is not exactly exciting. I'd like the best drops in a map to come from the boss and/or the chest.

Either remove the drop from the chest and compensate us in some other way, leaving only the gold in there, or increase the quality of the drops in the chest

@LearnToFly quote:

Either remove the drop from the chest and compensate us in some other way, leaving only the gold in there, or increase the quality of the drops in the chest 

They could probably remove the drop, but leaving only gold there seems kinda unfair.

If they change it, they should increase the chance of getting a higher rarity based on the difficulty.

For Mythic something like this:

Story = 5%

Freeplay 20+ = 15%

Freeplay 25+ = 25%

Freeplay 25++ = 35%

Freeplay 25+++ =50%

and for legendary like this:

Story = 1%

Freeplay 20+ = 5%

Freeplay 25+ = 10%

Freeplay 25++ = 15%

Freeplay 25+++ =25%

And for Hard Mode 5% additional.

This would be more rewarding for trying to play higher difficulties and progress even further.

I made a post somewhere, I forget which one... but basically I think the chest could contain wyvern tokens as well, or an on use item to perhaps reduce the timer on incubation with pets.

I'd also like to see the chests not suck so hard, and have a higher chance of dropping higher quality gear, as well.

If I can complete an incursion on hard, and see a green chest, that's the most underwhelming feeling ever.

The idea of having chests drop wyvern tokens as well is a good one, albeit they would have to be around the 1 mark. But as it stands the chest does absolutely nothing, hell even a legendary chest does absolutely nothing, you get more from 1 wave than you ever do from the chest. 

Perhaps making the chest have a 1% chance to drop a costume piece of the rarity the chest is, or as said, wyvern tokens, make chest gear have unique special stats that otherwise can't drop, unique pet eggs that can only drop from end of level chests. Something needs to be done to add a little exclusivity to the chests that makes them different from just killing a regular mob in a wave.

Basically 25+++ hardmode is gearing up for future harder content.

Anything below a legendary chest at the end of a level is a waste of time
- To build at this level you probably already have a full set of legendaries.
- There's no guarantee it will be useable anyway, just up's your chances.
- Droprates on legendaries on the new maps is laughable (usually 1).

Played a good chunk of time since the patch dropped and have 0 upgrades for any characters just to put that in perspective.

The chest system that we have now is ridiculous... How can I get a crappy wodden chest from defeating the hardest boss on the hardest difficulty that exist?! This shouldn't even be an option, as those chest are useless at this point in game... I could sell this one green iten for like 500 Gold, which is literlarry 1 broccoli!

It looked cool in the beginning because I tought that I would get some nice items from those chests, but nah...

I think for Betsy's chest it should always be a legendary chest, until new content replaces the Betsy level as the next "End game" content.

When we were all farming Ramparts most people left after the 5 wave bosses died as the rest of the wave was mostly a waste of farm time.

With Betsy you check to see if a legendary dropped if not say BB and go. 

considering ive never seen a leg chest simply increasing the drop rate would be a huge step forward. not to mention the feeling of being rewarded for playing.

@Tristaris quote:

I made a post somewhere, I forget which one... but basically I think the chest could contain wyvern tokens as well, or an on use item to perhaps reduce the timer on incubation with pets.

I'd also like to see the chests not suck so hard, and have a higher chance of dropping higher quality gear, as well.

If I can complete an incursion on hard, and see a green chest, that's the most underwhelming feeling ever.

this is a stupid wicked good idea

*bump*

This has to be changed, the current treasure chest loot is underwhelming.

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/119339/end-of-level-chest

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/119391/make-wyvern-tokens-drop

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/118931/proposal-for-rewards-chest-loot

Personally I'd even go as far as suggesting to erase green treasure chests completely and increase the drop rates for all other chests.

So when you would get a green chest before, you'll now get a blue chest instead - if you would get a blue chest, you'll now get a purple chest instead... and so on.

Green chests are a nice piece of artwork and look fancy, but there is absolutely no reason for them to ever be considered a reward at the end of a map - maybe there will be a use for them somewhere else later on.

PS: I also like the idea of treasure chests dropping wyvern tokens mentioned by Tristaris above.

Agreed. Treasure chests having a proc for dropping wyvern tokens or clothing items would make opening chests a lot more worthwhile.

Maybe the chests are not a treasure chest but rubbish bins???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!