Sign in to follow this  
UncleRichardson

Unable to drop Mana

When the Pets and Dragons patch hit, I found myself unable to drop ability mana. Annoying to be sure, but something you can work around. However, just last game I found myself unable to drop build mana. As I was playing as a character focused Huntress, I didn't need more than a handful of mana to do on the spot repairs. Not being able to give my spare mana to our builders was a serious hit to our effectiveness.

My drop buttons are typically 2 thumb buttons on my mouse, but switching to other keys, including the default, made no difference.

Same problem here. Switching characters and maps made no difference. could drop hero mana but not tower mana.

Edit: Seems changing the default to comma instead of M works for me. Ctrl+Comma it is then.

Try switching your hotkey of another button, then clicking default keys and checking them over and have a little fiddle till you get it working, then just avoid changing that key, not sure if the devs know of this bug but its been reported changing the hotkey seems to bug it out.

Ctrl+M drops all mana thoe so just use that for now once you get it fixed :)

Tried your suggestion, but no changes. Did come across something interesting.

Thought I can't drop mana using my thumb buttons, I CAN use the Ctrl+Thumb Button combination to drop all my mana at once. I guess it's workable, but still a curious bug.

i had the same problem, what i had to do was search around the config until i found the "dropalltowerresource"  (ctrl+F) line for mana delete every file in that folder and run a steam integrity check. worked fine after that. bare in mind you'll have to reset graphics and watch all the incoming videos but it fixed it, goodluck

steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\UDKGame\Config
incase you're wondering where it is

@UncleRichardson quote:

When the Pets and Dragons patch hit, I found myself unable to drop ability mana. Annoying to be sure, but something you can work around. However, just last game I found myself unable to drop build mana. As I was playing as a character focused Huntress, I didn't need more than a handful of mana to do on the spot repairs. Not being able to give my spare mana to our builders was a serious hit to our effectiveness.

My drop buttons are typically 2 thumb buttons on my mouse, but switching to other keys, including the default, made no difference.

@UncleRichardson quote:

Thought I can't drop mana using my thumb buttons, I CAN use the Ctrl+Thumb Button combination to drop all my mana at once. I guess it's workable, but still a curious bug.

while it may be a pain have you tried setting your keybindings to stock by pressing the default key and then trying?

it's very early so memory might be off but I thought there was something mentioned on a dev stream or something that if people had changed their drop mana key to something besides the default they MIGHT come across an issue like this. Pretty sure it was suggested to set them back to defaults and then rebind them.

@EviLGreeNPenguiN quote:

@UncleRichardson quote:

while it may be a pain have you tried setting your keybindings to stock by pressing the default key and then trying?

it's very early so memory might be off but I thought there was something mentioned on a dev stream or something that if people had changed their drop mana key to something besides the default they MIGHT come across an issue like this. Pretty sure it was suggested to set them back to defaults and then rebind them.

I've tried setting to other keys and going back to the default but still no dice for me. I cannot drop build mana regardless if its just "m" or "Ctrl+m" none of it works. Pretty strange bug. 

@EviLGreeNPenguiN quote:

@UncleRichardson quote:

The default button in the menu didn't actually default the keys, only the video settings. I'll try again next time I play.

@WorstTiming quote:

Same problem here. Switching characters and maps made no difference. could drop hero mana but not tower mana.

Edit: Seems changing the default to comma instead of M works for me. Ctrl+Comma it is then.

I have the same problem, comma works for me too,

but only ctrl comma - comma by it self does not work.

I am able to drop build manna with M, but I have to spam M dozens of time as the ctrl m does nothing.

I have made no changes to the default keybindings for the game.