Huntress Uber Sphere Suggestions

Considering these could be a very fun way of specializing your hero into something that fits your play-style more, I wanted to make a couple suggestions and reasoning behind them. Anything with an asterisk is what I think can be changed to help fit balancing.

Huntress

Persistence over Power - Traps now no longer need to use charges, but do 25%* less damage in exchange.

There's no denying that Huntress traps can be strong, but the constant drain of resources needed on them can be a very big turn off for some people. It makes traps less efficient DPS wise but much better in terms of saving on Mana making them a little bit more disposable and as stable DPS rather than killers.

Missile Silo - Poison Dart Towers can no longer poison, but instead do 100%* (Possibly doesn't even need more damage?) more impact damage and explode in an AOE.

Having something that has a bit more up front damage for "trash" mobs instead of heavy poisoning for bosses would be something that'd be an interesting choice to choose. Plus I mean come on, the thing already looks like one.

Ingenuity - Geyser and Explosive Traps can now be placed on walls as tripwire traps.

Would allow for some of your own environmental trap making and give more use to Geyser traps than just being Electric Aura combo makers. Traps placed on walls would instead have a "Tripwire"/Laser trigger so to speak instead of a radius trigger, but would likely keep the same damage radius.

• 2 weeks later...

Damage radius on traps are actually quite large.  For the explosive trap, this is fine, for the geyser, going horizontal is huge (due to the "push off cliffs" potential).  Right now a geyser's detonation radius is about the same as the body length of a drakkin:

I had one last night where the geyser was as close in on an electric aura as possible and it was knocking up a drakkin that was so far outside the aura that not even the tip of his snout was inside it (much less his center "root node" where he'd take damage from it).

@Draco18s quote:

Damage radius on traps are actually quite large.  For the explosive trap, this is fine, for the geyser, going horizontal is huge (due to the "push off cliffs" potential).  Right now a geyser's detonation radius is about the same as the body length of a drakkin:

I had one last night where the geyser was as close in on an electric aura as possible and it was knocking up a drakkin that was so far outside the aura that not even the tip of his snout was inside it (much less his center "root node" where he'd take damage from it).

It could possibly have its trigger time increased to stop it from being the end all be all for Huntress Uber but I thought it'd be a fun and useful idea to be able to do that on your own, and explosive traps not taking up space on the ground too would be nice.

• 2 months later...

Bump since it's been awhile and with the recent update I thought it'd be nice to give this some attention again.

Missile silo would be fun. Wall traps is a tad boring. Persistent traps... eeeeeh. Maybe.