Sign in to follow this  
stuownsu

Multiplayer Matchmaking

I recently started playing this pre-alpha (1200+ hours on the original). There are plenty of things that are obnoxiously wrong with the game at this stage so I dont want to start to many threads about issues.

The reason for this post is the sad shape matchmaking is in. When I quit games, I am put back into the same game when searching for a new game. This is really annoying, it also leaves me thinking there is no one else playing multiplayer. Can someone get me some feedback on when or if Trendy will go back to the original matchmaking from DD1? It would greatly improve the game experience.

Hey man I added you on steam.  Also new to DD2.  I would love playing with ya as I am looking for some people to play with regularly instead of the horrible matchmaking

@stuownsu quote:

Can someone get me some feedback on when or if Trendy will go back to the original matchmaking from DD1? It would greatly improve the game experience.

In yesterday's devestream they said they are focusing on matchmaking for the next update. As far as I have heard from them there is currently no intention to go back to DD1's matchmaking. Sadly. I really loved that. There are also some really cool suggestions out there.

@Dreizehn quote:

@stuownsu quote:

Can someone get me some feedback on when or if Trendy will go back to the original matchmaking from DD1? It would greatly improve the game experience.

In yesterday's devestream they said they are focusing on matchmaking for the next update. As far as I have heard from them there is currently no intention to go back to DD1's matchmaking. Sadly. I really loved that. There are also some really cool suggestions out there.

That is the saddest news I have heard about this game so far. They are changing all of the things that I loved about the first DD. I dont see the reason for it, they had a great following for the first one and I can only assume they have folllowed them.