Sign in to follow this  
Dogs

Teamwork - The Herodeck

So as i got told when i asked the guestion on stream : Wouldn't you guys be able to make it more teamwork like with removing the fact that you can swap characters inside the game , as you just said its a co-op game and should be played with multiple players not alone. So why can you swap between 3 characters because right now everyone is just doing it all alone just swapping between characters , its not teamwork , its 3 players sitting on their ass watching the other player do everything and than shooting a bit

- He worded it better than i did ;)

Anyways moving on to my ideas:

1.Some ideas i had to make the game more teamwork based whilest not ruining it for solo players was that you could make it if there were 4 players you can't swap heroes when in game and when you have 3 heroes you can't swap but when at 2 players you can swap between the first two in your deck and when alone you can swap between the three.

2. you could make it that enemies get harder with how many players you play but you can't swap heroes like if your playing solo they are relativly easy but you cant swap between characters and if you are with 2 they become harder but you are only with 2 so only have 2 heroes to choose from.

This would stop you just sitting there and mana farming and would help out the teamwork so other people are gonna actually work together and not just sit there as of right now just 1 player swapping the whole time.

Would love your guys opinions.

Bearacade Make it happen.

I don't see how it really matters.  If a team wants to trust one member to set up all the towers and traps, I don't think that necessarily takes away from the teamwork aspect of the game.  You're typically going to have someone who coordinates the team's strategy, anyway, why not have him handle building out the defenses directly?  Then you can also have one character with a build for towers and the rest of the team can be built for fighting.  Seems like it's still team-oriented to me, you just have specific roles for people.

It forces you to work together to come to a end goal and not just be a farm for mana , thats the diffrence here. and as the devs said in the twitch stream themselves they didn't want people to be mana farms and they should work together whilest solo should sitll be able to be done.

the game is currently fun and I would rather see more freedom rather than more restrictions.

This is not for restrictions this is to enforce teamwork more than it is right now.

Ya, I reckon remove hero deck things just a pain I don't find it fun playing solo and only being able to use half my heroes or even not wanting to create more because i don't see how they will ever be viable, it limits me to what I can build solo but has no real limit in group mode since in a 4 player game you can have 12 heroes..id love have 3 apprentice/huntress/squire and not have to coordinate with people in public games then remake to pick the right heroes to adjust to other players when the game gets more difficult.

Another thing they could do would be allow you to switch gear after you have built your tower and not actually have it effect your tower stats, so once you change gear and build a tower that tower would be snapshot to whatever your current gear/spec nodes were therefor you would only need 1 of each hero and the bag space for different gear sets. just like how they explained the uber nodes...

This is gonna be a F2P game and systems like this is what makes people want to multibox so they dont have to be limited and when a game becomes F2P there is gonna be allot of people using such programs, ive already seen a couple that do it already.

how do you enforce teamwork though? By restricting players based on amount of people in game? regardless of how good the intentions might be, what needs to be focused on is the negatives that could come about with such restrictions.

- what would happen if a players leaves or DC from the game? would it automatically adjust to players how many players are in game or would it wait till the next wave before this happens?

- game goes from 2 to four players while you and your partner are building. Now rather than being able to swap to the hero you wanted the xp for you are out of luck.

- you enter a game with only dps heroes

Teamwork is a good thing and I would be all for this system if they had guilds/clans since it would be easier to coordinate a winning strategy.

Edit: rng already plays a role in my loot, I don't want it to play a major role in whether the group I join will fail or succeed based on hero configuration and power.

The above stated things shouldnt be a problem if you wish to play with 2 you play in social tavern

Instead of removing the hero deck for solo players or co-op (2-players) why not just make it so when you go into a game all four characters are automatically grouped together (I love playing solo and without the hero deck I wouldn't be able to play solo). Basically, a huntress player would be grouped with people who are currently playing as an apprentice/squire/monk. In this case no one would need a hero deck on a full game since all the bases would be met (Thus the hero deck would be locked off). If someone leaves then that character automatically becomes available in the hero deck if someone has it stored. This way there would be no problems with a base being left out. I think the waves should also re-balance to the group as well as the item drop chance.

If no full variety was possible the hero deck would unlock the specific character left out so someone could switch to it. This would also mean that the next highest variety group would be selected. 

I think ultimately this would remove a lot of the strategy behind the game.  The first allowed you to switch characters during the build phase, as well.  Beyond just the outrage you'd incur by removing that feature, there are too many negatives to changing it at this point.  

Part of the game is being able to adapt to different challenges as the stages change and having access to the abilities and defenses of multiple classes.  Remove that, and you have static party selection.  As one person mentioned, it would suck to end up in a group that is horribly configured for a particular stage.  Then it's a choice between toughing it out and losing or dropping out of the game.  

The alternative is to have set group configurations for stages, which eliminates a good deal of the strategy involved in stages, makes level design more complicated as set strategies will prove to be more effective than others, making it so the game eventually devolves into groups using the same strategy over and over again.  It would also make it so new classes would have to be designed around the stages and it makes group configuration more complicated as more classes are introduced.  Which new class replaces what in the set roster so you don't end up with stages that are unbeatable?  Plus you still have the issue with essential classes dropping out mid game.  Hell, that could even become a popular form of griefing.  Play a couple waves then ditch and leave the party without that one element they need to win.

It's just an unnecessary change.  Players shouldn't be required to take part in all aspects of the stage.  That's not encouraging teamplay, it's just forcing particular strategies and configurations on groups.  there's nothing wrong with having a designated builder in the group.  It's just one approach to taking on stages and ultimately, the end results are the same either way.  Why make it more monotonous than it needs to be?

This post is genius. I'd love to have this in the game, that would free up the need for multiple iterations of certain heroes (which is a concern on the Devs' part, since heroes are stored on the Trendy servers). Trendy, buy this person a drink one of your problems is now solved.

@In.Session quote:

Another thing they could do would be allow you to switch gear after you have built your tower and not actually have it effect your tower stats, so once you change gear and build a tower that tower would be snapshot to whatever your current gear/spec nodes were therefor you would only need 1 of each hero and the bag space for different gear sets. just like how they explained the uber nodes...