Sign in to follow this  
tHeNaZMaN

Dps worth it?

I remember in DD1 and having a DPS character.  Is that viable in DD2?  Is the monk still the best DPS like it was in DD1 (before Jester and Barb obv)?

dps isn't really needed & honestly your best bet would be to use a squire to block & stall ogres while your towers kill him the only other dps related thing I would take note of is huntresses legendary bow that can reduce a enemy's resistance making them take more dmg from towers. 

So viable yes, able to clear waves like dd1 no.

tanky best is squire

dps single target best is huntress

Aoe damage apprentice is better.

Monk is quite useful as he is a bit of everything he is a bit tanky, he has good aoe damage but Apprentice can do better with the right build.

While you can dps, I'd venture to say as far as clearing out packs of mobs, apprentice is probably the best bet.

Huntress was gutted with this last patch, and I find the DPS mediocre. (In my opinion.)

DPS in this game, is not even close to how fun it was in DD1, and is really really boring. I loved getting weapons that fired multiple projectiles. Why did DD2 not go down that path (yet?) [[4370,users]] [[63962,users]]

@Tristaris quote:

While you can dps, I'd venture to say as far as clearing out packs of mobs, apprentice is probably the best bet.

Huntress was gutted with this last patch, and I find the DPS mediocre. (In my opinion.)

DPS in this game, is not even close to how fun it was in DD1, and is really really boring. I loved getting weapons that fired multiple projectiles. Why did DD2 not go down that path (yet?) iamisom trendyent

As it was mentioned previously, you'll see more variety in weapons, such as projectiles and rate (maybe not exactly those but something similar) they just didn't start working on that. Just like someone 3 months ago could have asked why weren't pets in the game (yet). Everything at it's time, give time to time and we'll see this game getting more amazing each day.

I certainly hope something really similar at least appears. I just find most of the heroes abilities are rather bland, other than the apprentice tornado, that I actually do kind of like, as well as the huntress oil/fire combo.

Everything else, *yawn.*

They talked about adding multi-shot and stuff like that down the road in today's dev-stream. So it will be done in the future and DPS will be more viable.