Sign in to follow this  
PTSFP Paul

Boots ruining game.

Trendy please patch repair or patch out the boots.  You can't play a game anymore where people arnt using the glitch PLUS now they are kicking anyone who protests the use of them.

This is getting a bit out of hand and ruining the game.

Agreed. Hot-fix to disable the special stat ASAP. This is the same sort of bug induced stat inflation that killed DDE 

Not only are they in high levels games, they are trolling in lowbie games now too. Trying to level some alts 20-25 cuz I was tired of it and guess what? Boost aura exploiters in my lowbie games too. Ridiculous.

But...  bugs that make you ridiculously op are fun. 

I still have yet to get the boots so I'm kinda bummed. I want to see it for myself. :<

Trying it out and having a laugh about the absurdity is fine, the issue arises when it becomes the go-to method of progress.

While I don't condone dragging the bug off into public games, if I wanted to avoid it so badly until Trendy fixes it, I'd just leave if someone were doing it, or start up a private tavern and find others who wanted to play without them.

Trendy is aware of it, there was already threads about the boots, and in the hotfix notes today, it's clear they know it's an issue and I'm almost positive it'll be fixed soon.

The game is pre-alpha, take a breath, and relax. Things are broken, and will continue to be at times.

TBH the endgame content would take you like 30+ hours to grind out even using boots.  Just sit back and enjoy it rather than have a stick up the butt man.  Game's already easy.

Agreed. Temporary removal of the stats would be great. An easier alternative to fixing it. Betsy getting 1 shot although fun to see at first.. Its affecting the game tremendously. i.e. above

One thing I've always hated about Trendy and patches...

until a fix the very top level players get huge advantages because of either loot spawning with WAAAY too high of stats in hardest game modes or something game breaking like this... and so the people who are playing lots profit and benefit for a while until patched out and everyone else just has to miss out because they aren't high level/endgame enough to obtain said stuff.

you know the players with the best gear in the game at this point got it all before the loot drop nerf. i was kind of hoping to see some good loot before the boot glitch was over but i guess that wont happen. considering  that it is a bug i dont like it either but these ppl are the same ppl geared from higher drop rate and that aint fair or fun either 240 hours in game and still havent seen dp ds chest or boots... i think its a joke you ppl are acting like this in pre alpha... mess around mess around until make this game so hard that when "children" actually start playing building is going to be so hard they wont play. just let ppl play and have >FUN< for the love of GAWD!

could you new players imagine getting 16 legendarys in one game well these guys sure did the towers you are looking at are from drop rates like that.... im no math wiz but i can tell  when 1 run before is worth 16 now. let ppl get some loot or kill the fact that this is a farming game and thats all the game will ever be because no one can get gear.

that whole "children" thing srs i havent met kid playing this game yet stop babying all these ppl they GROWN UP. kids dont play tower defense games! bunch of grown poeple playing this game getting what they need and trying to keep others from getting it. baby gloves need to come off and the man children playing this game need to BACK OFF! 

!!!!!!GO HAVE FUN!!!!

GYWW

after  several runs of people refusng to stop standing on my towers  and others not vote kicking them when i try to remove them from my games  i started  running private games  with a friend  other bonus to this is we build the map so fast from build to betsy death is around 16mins  without cheating  with bugged boots  ( munk only build  12 runs 12 victorys  pure aura skyguard build)

@bc304daedalus quote:

after  several runs of people refusng to stop standing on my towers  and others not vote kicking them when i try to remove them from my games  i started  running private games  with a friend  other bonus to this is we build the map so fast from build to betsy death is around 16mins  without cheating  with bugged boots  ( munk only build  12 runs 12 victorys  pure aura skyguard build)

only thing that stops me from doing that is the pure annoyance of betsy's level with her curse fields making me have to rebuild which is obnoxious.

@vosh quote:

@bc304daedalus quote:

only thing that stops me from doing that is the pure annoyance of betsy's level with her curse fields making me have to rebuild which is obnoxious.

this is why the aura skyguard builds so strong nothing can get cursed with the right placement 

These boots dropped for me but with defence speed and power so whilst i want the bug fixed please DON'T just delete the items.

Ok well I have decided to vote with my feet.  Every public game for the last 3 days has been full of glitch users.

I see a repeat of what happened with DD1 and DDE here and its an entirely new staff. 

I will go play something else for awhile until Trendy decides to correct 20 lines of code to are breaking the entire game for people who want to play without exploiting a bug.

What's worse is the rumor of the bug has been known, but not fixed for quite some time.

Trendy has offically stated that it is not an easy fix and they are working in it.   Being impatient isn't going to speed up the process. 

Lawd have mercy at the griping because there are bugs in a PRE ALPHA state game.

Private taverns are >>>>>>>> that way. Make friends that don't enjoy using it, and you can continue to play like you were before.

I'm not saying people should be doing it nonstop, but honestly, as I said, the game is in a pre-alpha state. People are going to break the game, and they are going to see how BADLY they can break it.

Do you know how much I've tried to do with the boots? Not just farming, but seeing if there are any other stat boosting items that may interact with them? (ie: squire sword) That's what good testers do, instead of stomping your feet, and whining about a bug, like a 5 year old.

@Tristaris quote:

Lawd have mercy at the griping because there are bugs in a PRE ALPHA state game.

Private taverns are >>>>>>>> that way. Make friends that don't enjoy using it, and you can continue to play like you were before.

I'm not saying people should be doing it nonstop, but honestly, as I said, the game is in a pre-alpha state. People are going to break the game, and they are going to see how BADLY they can break it.

Do you know how much I've tried to do with the boots? Not just farming, but seeing if there are any other stat boosting items that may interact with them? (ie: squire sword) That's what good testers do, instead of stomping your feet, and whining about a bug, like a 5 year old.

Telling people just to play Private isn't helpful, especially when solo means lower drop chance and trying to juggle three ogres at once by yourself and friends lists take time to build. Neither is complaining about people complaining or resorting to name calling and ad hominem arguments.

Trendy want feedback, the feedback in this thread is telling them that people are highly upset about this issue and it should be a high-priority fix. It also reminds them to pay attention to the mistakes made recently in DDE and not to go down that same path with bugged items destroying progression and ruining the game.

Trendy have said that they are trying not to need another wipe, letting people run around with bugged boots and no longer obtainable passive stats isn't really helping their case on the matter

@Kai Heilos quote:

@Tristaris quote:

Telling people just to play Private isn't helpful, especially when solo means lower drop chance and trying to juggle three ogres at once by yourself and friends lists take time to build. Neither is complaining about people complaining or resorting to name calling and ad hominem arguments.

Trendy want feedback, the feedback in this thread is telling them that people are highly upset about this issue and it should be a high-priority fix. It also reminds them to pay attention to the mistakes made recently in DDE and not to go down that same path with bugged items destroying progression and ruining the game.

Trendy have said that they are trying not to need another wipe, letting people run around with bugged boots and no longer obtainable passive stats isn't really helping their case on the matter

It is when Trendy has aknowledged the bug. Spamming "We are upset!" on the forums isn't going to push the issue any faster, I'm sorry to say. If people don't want to play private, or make some friends and avoid the bugs, then there is always another way.

There has been multiple threads about the issue, and I'm sure it is a high priority fix. But people huffing and puffing about it, I'm sorry to say, it isn't going to make things any faster.

If I was upset about the boots, you know what I do? I rock solo play for a bit, until they fix the junk. I'm not going to fume over a pre-alpha game having glaring bugs.

If you have a problem with it, don't place an aura, refuse to let another player placing a boost aura.

The boots does not working without an aura or a tower, so just place traps, or spam lightning aura, or just use up all DU before someone put down a boost aura.

I assume that skyguard attacking Betsy when she is on the ground is also a bug, but have you seen anybody complain about that?

From what I see, whatever Trendy's intention was, after acknowledging that there is a bug with a new legendary, increasing Betsy's health from 4m to 10m is a slap in the face of playing legit,

If anything at all, they should keep Betsy at 4m, to make it less tempting to exploit the bug, since either way there is not a whole lot of challenge.

@SorakaPlz quote:

If you have a problem with it, don't place an aura, refuse to let another player placing a boost aura.

The boots does not working without an aura or a tower, so just place traps, or spam lightning aura, or just use up all DU before someone put down a boost aura.

I assume that skyguard attacking Betsy when she is on the ground is also a bug, but have you seen anybody complain about that?

From what I see, whatever Trendy's intention was, after acknowledging that there is a bug with a new legendary, increasing Betsy's health from 4m to 10m is a slap in the face of playing legit,

If anything at all, they should keep Betsy at 4m, to make it less tempting to exploit the bug, since either way there is not a whole lot of challenge.

even playing legit betsys health increase isnt an issue 

@bc304daedalus quote:

even playing legit betsys health increase isnt an issue 

Depends how lucky you are. Betsy can destroy the eggs while flying about and then it's gg for no reason

Hey there,

We're actively investigating this pesky bug and a fix should make its way to all of you soon! We're sorry about this.

@vosh quote:

Dont build on the ground? She cant curse the player only spots and trendy was VERY generous with them on her map they line every single lane almost. I use harpoons and build two clusters on the stumps where she spawns the bridge no need for auras outside of boost. A goblin or two might make it past if she speeds them and they have the luck of god on their side but thats what the player is for.