Sign in to follow this  
GodOfAllHexagons

Hero dps.......

I'm not sure about others but i loved to play as a hero in dungeon defenders 1. In this game i feel as if heroes do absolutely nothing. Now i'm not sure if in DD 1 that you actually referred to it as unbalanced but i quite liked how i could kill 8 people with 1 swing with my dps monk. but now it takes me like 4 shots to kill a simple goblin. i feel as if heroes have no use at all. And that in order to play the game you have to go tower because that's the only thing that is actually good.     

Sorry if i'm wrong about anything but all im asking for is mabey...... like a huge buff.... a really big one please :P

p.s not sure if the game will ever end out like this but i want it to be able to be completed with heroes with a play style you like to play.

What hero are you playing? I think hero damage took a big hit this patch because of the new sphere system only allowing for one large gylph. I know hunters probably took the largest hit.

@GodOfAllHexagons quote:

I've been playing my hunter but regardless of who i play i still think hero dps is just compleatly crap and theres no use to playing them.

Been playing my apprentice hero spec and I agree, tower seems a bit better. I still don't think ability power scales well enough even with the buffs. Mana bomb is still a joke. Sometimes I wonder if trendy if play tests certain specs.

Just talk to vosh, he seems to know a new build that will give you more damage on any toon then before the new patch

This just be me playing a squire, but I definitely find my squire a little weak.  He however makes up for it in abilities and the crowd control nature of them. Granted I might have a different opinion if my sword didn't have life steal. 

app is still viable dps ( ability power build)  may now require a tiny nerf to tornado to rebalance it   or a buff to other classes  could work also

Spheres ruined Huntress, she does half of previous DPS.

In general, spheres introduced huge imbalance in favour of towers over hero DPS. We got dozens of free points to all tower stats and only a fraction of old specs for special stats :/

This is a tower defense game.

You can solo a lane with the support of a few towers.

On the other hand you can hold a lane with more towers.

Heroes are pretty much there to support your defenses.  I wouldn't expect 4 hero builds to solo a map without the help of towers in a tower defense game.

The game could just as easily be a birds eye point of view with zero heroes.  They're just a way for you to feel like you're a part of the action.

imo  all hero DPS should be increased by 2x  

doing 10-20k on  betsy while she has 10 mill does not make her die quickly

They have said that they wanted to avoid the lawnmower effect - personally I liked having gotten my toons to that point, but ofc struggle is where the 'gameplay' is, tbh i recognize it as an impossible task to balance; you struggle to get that awesome dps and have fun doing so then you get the gear to be 'OP' and the challenge is gone - but the point was to get that kind of gear...

Whats a dev to do!

wait.... as in lawnmower effect you mean how you could just run and swipe away as a monk or something in dd1 and just straight flat iron over all the enemys? 

That's what i want it to be like that i really loved about the first game. :( 

Also i didn't see it as op what so ever because you still couldn't win with all 4 people hero or at least to my knowledge you couldn't.

and about bosses are you sopose to use heroes to kill bosses? i mean Betsy has 10 mil(or is being buffed to 10 mil) and i do like 5-10 dmg and i don't think that's boss worthy.

So true. My huntress is useless now. Looking forward to a patch. 

@Mythos quote:

What hero are you playing? I think hero damage took a big hit this patch because of the new sphere system only allowing for one large gylph. I know hunters probably took the largest hit.

I always felt that heroes were more about Crowd Control than damage, that's why they all come with things like stun/knockup/taunt. You're not supposed to be soloing a match with four DPS heroes but supporting your towers by keeping the pressure off them, stunning large hordes and pulling away the big troublesome guys

Just my opinion:

It's tower defense with ARPG elements throne in. I think it should cater to both sides. Heroes should do more damage than they do, absolutely. I don't disagree with that. But I don't want towers nerfed to uselessness either. If I want to full tower build, I would like the ability to do that. I liked in DD1 that I had my builders, and I had my DPS character.

Huntress needs a lot of love since her damage was nerfed to near uselessness. I can't speak for squire, because all I use him for is the right click block to tank ogres until they die. Monk knock up I like, the other 3 abilities I have never used outside of pushing mobs back into defenses occasionally. Apprentice feels fine to me, outside of mana bomb being way too clunky, and too long of a cast, and the damage is mediocre it feels, well, without AP build.

Same can be said for some defenses though, too. Blockades/barriers are garbage, squire dummy is a waste of mana and DU, and should be either buffed to where he doesn't get targeted by enemies, and drains like LA's do, or removed altogether. I'd rather see them keep him, but make him unattackable. I like the huntress traps, balloon needs a buff, but I like the concept, poison dart tower needs a complete overhaul, or removed and replaced with a poison trap, altogether. Monk boost needs toned down, but I think everything else in the kit is fine.

Having played my dps huntress a bit they did get nerfed from the patch that said with the help of gloves that now drop with high +% to critical dmg you can still do decent dps. I myself have ones that give 70% increase, add on the 60 from skill spheres & I can do 7k on crits which isn't horrible but I have yet to get a crit on betsy...

@topler quote:

Having played my dps huntress a bit they did get nerfed from the patch that said with the help of gloves that now drop with high +% to critical dmg you can still do decent dps. I myself have ones that give 70% increase, add on the 60 from skill spheres & I can do 7k on crits which isn't horrible but I have yet to get a crit on betsy...

that would be due to charged primary spec, before we used to shine at charged primary crits with 50k+ but now charged doesn't happen that often but as mentioned in the dev stream that will they know they messed with the balance on the specs and things will be going to the right place later in the road.

However i heard my friend scream his huntress was back when he critted 50k not sure what was going on, i'll ask him what he did.