Hey,

since the new update i get 2 bugs that rly stop me from playing dd2 at the moment ... :/ Everytime i start a game or finish a map it says "filename not found" and a list pops up with like 15 things where filename could not be found .. OR in a private game where i upgrade weapons or something like this i get kicked after like 5 minutes of not starting a map. Can some1 help me ?

Thanks for reading :)

try logging off steam and logging back in?

Ohterwise i suggest sending one of the admins a pm on the forums.

Please try verifying the cache for the game under on Steam:

1. Find the game in the library
  2. Right click on Dungeon Defenders II and press on "properties"
  3. Go to the "local files" tab and click on "verify integrity of game cache..."

Let that run and see if it helps. If not, please try reinstalling the game.

Let us know if the problem continues!

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I uninstalled the game, deleted appcache , downloaded it again and verified integrity of game cache. For now it's stable !

Hey,

thanks first of all, sadly i had no time to play for the last days, but today i wanted to start DD2 aaaaaaaaaaand this happened :

Screenshot of the bug

I can't even start the game now it's crashing instantly :(
No idea what i could do now ._.

Hey,

I have the same issue as you, most likely when I play throne room.

I already tried to come up with a solution such as verifying game cache, deleted appcache, re-downloading it and so on but the problem still persists.

Greets

@MomoInFlames quote:

Hey,

thanks first of all, sadly i had no time to play for the last days, but today i wanted to start DD2 aaaaaaaaaaand this happened :

Screenshot of the bug

At what time during the application do you get that error?

While on the title screen after clicking (play?,options?... ?)?

While on the tavern doing ... (enhancing items, buying items, redeeming codes, ... something else)?

While on a gameplay map at the begining of the match, while on combat, at the end of the match ... ?

@Javo quote:

@MomoInFlames quote:

Hey,

Screenshot of the bug

At what time during the application do you get that error?

While on the title screen after clicking (play?,options?... ?)?

While on the tavern doing ... (enhancing items, buying items, redeeming codes, ... something else)?

While on a gameplay map at the begining of the match, while on combat, at the end of the match ... ?

I click on play when it's loading the social tavern, i don't get in there it just shows the crash report i posted !

@MomoInFlames quote:

Hey,

Screenshot of the bug

Hi,

Can you try a few things for me and let me know if it helps:

1. In the following folder (assuming you are using the default steam path), C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\UDKGame\Config, try deleting all the files that start with "UDK" and then run the game. These files contain some of your user settings so deleting them will restore them all to their defaults. Just make sure to only delete the files that start with "UDK"

2. In this folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010, there is a DXSETUP.exe file that you can run and it will install all the needed DirectX stuff for you in case something is funky with your DirectX set up.

Have you at any time been able to get to the tavern and or play any map?

By the way .. the general "kicking error" (randomly being kicked after an undefined period of time) should be fixed by now. This doesn't mean we have fixed all the possible errors that result in a player kicking like a crash, or a file verification error: they are different things.

We have identified a few files wrongfully flagged on steam that are constantly being modified by the game resulting in a series of verification errors. The fix for this will be up on the next hotfix (soon ... super SOON).

As posted on other threads ... thanks for all the support; for following up this issues and helping us and other users with them.

THANKS

@LikeThatWhenIGotHere quote:

@MomoInFlames quote:

Hey,

Screenshot of the bug

Hi,

Can you try a few things for me and let me know if it helps:

1. In the following folder (assuming you are using the default steam path), C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\DunDef2\UDKGame\Config, try deleting all the files that start with "UDK" and then run the game. These files contain some of your user settings so deleting them will restore them all to their defaults. Just make sure to only delete the files that start with "UDK"

2. In this folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders 2\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010, there is a DXSETUP.exe file that you can run and it will install all the needed DirectX stuff for you in case something is funky with your DirectX set up.

I have tried all these things and my game still crashes but even more now

@Planadroit quote:

this has not worked for me either

• 3 weeks later...

Got the same problem. Espacially in throne room. I can play to wave 3-4 and the game crahes every time. But in general i get those fatal erros (file not found), mostly when i complete a map and the treasures pop up. I reinstalled the game now and i hope it fixes the problems

After reinstalling the game everything was fine. 

But...

Now the game crashes without any error massage. It just closes itself.

First crash was at wave 3 Betsy, second was when I stood in the taverne for ~2 min. 

@TacticalHusky24 quote:

@Planadroit quote:

this has not worked for me either

I did this after the first crash and steams says, 

(German) 8 fehlerhafte Dateien werden erneut angefordert.                                                                                                  (Eng) 8 faulty files are requested(requesitioned) once more. 

After the second crash i did this agian and i got the same massage as before. 

Can you guys please list your Operating System (Windows Vista/XP/7/8/8.1) including your system type (32/64 bit)?

Thanks

Update:

I looked up my CPU while playing dd2

80-100% CPU utilization

I'm not an expert but i think that could be a reason.

Setup:

AMD Athlon II X4 640 Proc 3,00 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 5670

RAM 3 GB

I play dd2 on low and windowed and i think it should be possible to play without 100% CPU  utilization.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there, 

i know this post is quite old but the error appears to me too.

The sound just breaks and my headphone (logitech g930) wont give any sound anymore until i restart it at the sound settings of windows.

im using win10 .

the link:

the game crash appears randomly after 30 or 60 minutes and i really cant find the clue behind this... i guess the game does not want to work with my headset driver.

• 4 months later...