Sign in to follow this  
I_PASS_BUTTER

Pets and Eggs (Pets & Dragons)

@Mufzor quote:

After playing dd1 then this game i've stopped it for 2 month then came back today. The best joke of the game are the pet. Really i laughed really hard when i realised i needed to wait 8 hour to use one then i said to myself that i'll come back in 3 month if it's open. I will not recommend this game i will recommend not to play as it is right now. But to the dev team i will say just one advise : PLAY YOUR OWN GAME. Just to see if it's fun to play then money will come to you don't worry...

Don't pour dirt on Trendy just because eggs hatch for 8 hours. 8 hours is perfectly reasonable time, and i personally like it that way. I already have a bunch of pets and some of them are actually useful. Only a handful though. Still, it's fun. Pets are cute, too. Cheers to the artists!

Also, just so you know, they play the game themselves quite a lot. They also stream regularly. You could watch one of those for reference of their dedication towards this game.

@Mufzor quote:

@Seph quote:

@Mufzor quote:

After playing dd1 then this game i've stopped it for 2 month then came back today. The best joke of the game are the pet. Really i laughed really hard when i realised i needed to wait 8 hour to use one then i said to myself that i'll come back in 3 month if it's open. I will not recommend this game i will recommend not to play as it is right now. But to the dev team i will say just one advise : PLAY YOUR OWN GAME. Just to see if it's fun to play then money will come to you don't worry...

Don't pour dirt on Trendy just because eggs hatch for 8 hours. 8 hours is perfectly reasonable time, and i personally like it that way. I already have a bunch of pets and some of them are actually useful. Only a handful though. Still, it's fun. Pets are cute, too. Cheers to the artists!

Also, just so you know, they play the game themselves quite a lot. They also stream regularly. You could watch one of those for reference of their dedication towards this game.

That's true i saw them playing the game not enjoying it. What i heard from the stream is "wow" "incredible" "amazing" lol...

Even now you're not saying why you love the way pets are i believe it's because you don't know yourself. I just can't see the point to make you wait 8 hours when in DD1 you loot it you use just like the other stuff. Finnaly it's my point of view i don't like it the way it is so i say it. i know both way pets can work, you wait or not i don't ask to be convince of anything.

nb : "pets are actually usefull" yeah tht's true i'm not there yet i have to wait 8 hours lol but is that not the least you can wait from it? to be usefull lol

@Mufzor quote:

@Mufzor quote:

@Seph quote:

@Mufzor quote:

That's true i saw them playing the game not enjoying it. What i heard from the stream is "wow" "incredible" "amazing" lol...

Even now you're not saying why you love the way pets are i believe it's because you don't know yourself. I just can't see the point to make you wait 8 hours when in DD1 you loot it you use just like the other stuff. Finnaly it's my point of view i don't like it the way it is so i say it. i know both way pets can work, you wait or not i don't ask to be convince of anything.

nb : "pets are actually usefull" yeah tht's true i'm not there yet i have to wait 8 hours lol but is that not the least you can wait from it? to be usefull lol

In my honest opinion, hatching time adds a charm to the game. It adds some depth to the pet system. And even more depth to come, with the upcoming evolutions and pet skills. The whole thing is gonna be awesome if Trendy won't screw up. That is why i like it so much. And 8 hours seems not too long, but not too short period of time. 6 hours would do for me, too. However, i have no problems with 8 hours. Hence, i like it overall.

There. Why i love the way  pets are :)

@Seph quote:

@Mufzor quote:

@Mufzor quote:

@Seph quote:

@Mufzor quote:

In my honest opinion, hatching time adds a charm to the game. It adds some depth to the pet system. And even more depth to come, with the upcoming evolutions and pet skills. The whole thing is gonna be awesome if Trendy won't screw up. That is why i like it so much. And 8 hours seems not too long, but not too short period of time. 6 hours would do for me, too. However, i have no problems with 8 hours. Hence, i like it overall.

There. Why i love the way  pets are :)

Ok i understand for the same reason i would like to see an npc sharpening the weapon i loot requiring 8hour to do so for each weapon because it adds some depth ; )

Ho i agree 6 hours is the real rpg thing not 5 or 7...

@Mufzor quote:Ok i understand for the same reason i would like to see an npc sharpening the weapon i loot requiring 8hour to do so for each weapon because it adds some depth ; )

Now you are just talking immature nonsense:)

You could have hatched yourself a nice cute pet or two with reasonable to good stats by now, instead of trashing the game and devs for something like 8 hours hatching time ^^

Did you know that Trendy was thinking about adding an option to re-roll your pet's stats as a compensation for the 8 hours hatch wait time? Probably not.

If you really love the DD franchise, or loved the DD1 game (which you probably did, because you bought into the early-access), then i strongly recommend to watch their devstreams. They are really informative and you can see how strongly Trendy appreciates us, early-access players for our addition to the development of the game, bug reports and ideas that we come up with and so on.

Do not be so negattive. The game is great. You can't trash it just for 8 hours hatch time only.

Cheers.

@Seph quote:
@Mufzor quote:Ok i understand for the same reason i would like to see an npc sharpening the weapon i loot requiring 8hour to do so for each weapon because it adds some depth ; )

Now you are just talking immature nonsense:)

You could have hatched yourself a nice cute pet or two with reasonable to good stats by now, instead of trashing the game and devs for something like 8 hours hatching time ^^

Did you know that Trendy was thinking about adding an option to re-roll your pet's stats as a compensation for the 8 hours hatch wait time? Probably not.

If you really love the DD franchise, or loved the DD1 game (which you probably did, because you bought into the early-access), then i strongly recommend to watch their devstreams. They are really informative and you can see how strongly Trendy appreciates us, early-access players for our addition to the development of the game, bug reports and ideas that we come up with and so on.

Do not be so negattive. The game is great. You can't trash it just for 8 hours hatch time only.

Cheers.

What is nonsense the guys saying that you should not wait 8 hours to use a loot in a game where you can always use what you loot instantly or the guys saying it add some depth nobody know why Oo

i already saw their stream and asked question on chat...and i didnt trash the game just for the 8 hours hatch time but for a lot of reason i already wrote about. But here is the pet and egg thread if you don't know. You think game is great i don't think it's awfull i think it would be a LOOOOOT better with some common sense.

@Cheddarmancer quote:

I really like having the pets, but they currently serve little to no impact. It would be nice to have a pet active ability.

I'm pretty sure they told in the devstream 20, that pet active abilities are going to be implemented in the next patch!

I personally preferred farming pets the DD1 style vs incubating eggs 1 every 8 hours and then seeing what stats you get.  I always liked being able to get pets in DD1, but I feel right now in DD2 the system is too basic for me to provide any reasonable feedback other than "pets are good to have."

Without knowing the intended system for pets, the only other feedback I could make is to start going off on tangents with suggestions about future changes to the pet system.

@draemn quote:

I personally preferred farming pets the DD1 style vs incubating eggs 1 every 8 hours and then seeing what stats you get.  I always liked being able to get pets in DD1, but I feel right now in DD2 the system is too basic for me to provide any reasonable feedback other than "pets are good to have."

Without knowing the intended system for pets, the only other feedback I could make is to start going off on tangents with suggestions about future changes to the pet system.

Yeah, that's the issue currently. Because we have a system that seems 1/3rd complete, we're unable to give valuable feedback for it as most feedback will be negative. The cons out way the pros in something that is supposed to be widely liked.

How can we like something that doesn't yield good results? Pets don't do good damage or are interesting besides looks so that means they're just time consuming and a small stat boost. And then there is talk already of Premium pets?

I'm sorry but as great as those "premium" pets might be, I shall not be buying them unless the pet system makes having ANY pet worthwhile.

As always, you start with a good system and tweak it until it's the best it can be then afterwards you try to make money off of it. Everything successful starts by making a strong foundation and working from there.

The pets themselves are cool.

The hatching mechanic is rotten.  I make no meaningful choice in picking an egg to hatch, then proceed to get lucky (or not).  Repeat ad nausium.

I posted this as a reply to a post in the Tech Support Section but I feel as if it should really belong here: 

The hatch chance really does need to be looked at. 

I have incubated 9 creeper eggs in the hopes of getting a Flickerwick. Of those 9, 3 of them have been an Imphant and 6 of them have been Voodu. Like the OP, I too am wondering if some of the pets are rarer than others. Furthermore, if I ever manage to get the Flickerwick I want, chances are high that the stats the pet comes with will not be the ones I need for my character. Especially considering that none of the nine Creepers I have hatched have had the right stats. 

I am not the only one with this problem. My husband also wants to get the Flickerwick. He has hatched 7 Creeper eggs. Of those 7, 6 of them were Imphants (all in a row) and 1 was a Voodu. 

Are the chances truly RNG (whatever that means)? Because if the eggs really do hatch on chance, the OP, my husband or I, should have gotten what we wanted by now. The OP definitely should have. 14 to 0 on Dragon eggs does not seem to be simple chance. All in all, the randomness does not seem to conform to probability. 

Of course, I could just be really unlucky. I have only hatched 9 and am working on my 10th. My husband has only hatched 7. But with the hatch time being 8 hours, to wake up or come home from work to find a pet we do not want waiting for us is really discouraging. 

I wish the pets dropped individually so I could just pick up my Flickerwick egg and run to the incubator.

I also posted a reply in the Suggestion section but as the OP here is asking for opinions, I feel as if this would be a better place for it:

Eggs could hatch in a killing tier. 

For example, killing 100 monsters would give the player the option for the egg to hatch but if it does, it will not be that strong. Also, the stats the pet comes with will be random, such as they are now. 

Killing 200, will be the next tier and the resulting monster would be stronger. The player would also have the option of choosing one of the pets stats.

Tier 3 at 400 will be even stronger and the player could choose two of the stats. 

Tier 4 at 800 would be stronger still and the player would be able to choose three of the stats.

The final tier at 1600 would take the most time but the pet would be at the strongest level and the player would be able to choose exactly what four stats they want their pet to have. They could even choose what pet they wanted if individual pet eggs are never implemented. (I personally like this feature the most. I have yet to get the pet I want and I have hatched many eggs.)

Of course, since this is DD2, the killing requirement would be higher, but the idea is the same.

This way, the player can feel as if they had a direct impact on the progress of their pet. For those that just want their pet now and did not care about chance or strength, they could hatch their pet if they wanted to sooner. This could also potentially take the place of the pet re-roller item the Dev Team is rumored to be putting in.

Overall, I like the idea of pets. I do think the system needs some tweaking. 

As already stated by a few others, the egg drop rate is really high. On one day while I waited for an egg to hatch for 8 hours, I got 14 dragon, 10 creeper and 6 gato eggs for a total of 30. I did not play for 8 hours straight as I had to eat and walk my dog twice, among other things. On the second day, in about the same amount of time, of which I did not play the entire time, I got 9 dragon, 5 creeper and 15 gato eggs for a total of 29. 

As I have already stated earlier in the post, the probability of getting a desired pet from those 59 eggs is a little off. Especially as I will not have time to hatch more than 6 of them. And that is assuming I was able to put a new egg in as soon as the timer was done. So hatching 5 in 2 days is more accurate. I would feel better about the system if I could pick up individual pet eggs instead of leaving it all to chance by having just 3 eggs that hatch 8 different pets. Waiting 8 hours and not getting the pet I want is disappointing

The 8 hour time limit is something that people have a big problem with. It does not bother me so much as I can just go to sleep or bed and it will be done. The times are also all the same. None of the eggs take several days like they do in Dragon Vale. However, the chance for the type of pet to hatch and the random stats are a bit of a blow as I have yet to get a pet or pet/stat combination I want or need. That is why my suggestion for a hatching tier system would be nice. It would take a lot of work to hatch the perfect tier 5 egg, but it would be worth it. 

@endermaryn quote:

I posted this as a reply to a post in the Tech Support Section but I feel as if it should really belong here: 

The hatch chance really does need to be looked at. 

I have incubated 9 creeper eggs in the hopes of getting a Flickerwick. Of those 9, 3 of them have been an Imphant and 6 of them have been Voodu. Like the OP, I too am wondering if some of the pets are rarer than others. Furthermore, if I ever manage to get the Flickerwick I want, chances are high that the stats the pet comes with will not be the ones I need for my character. Especially considering that none of the nine Creepers I have hatched have had the right stats. 

I am not the only one with this problem. My husband also wants to get the Flickerwick. He has hatched 7 Creeper eggs. Of those 7, 6 of them were Imphants (all in a row) and 1 was a Voodu. 

Are the chances truly RNG (whatever that means)? Because if the eggs really do hatch on chance, the OP, my husband or I, should have gotten what we wanted by now. The OP definitely should have. 14 to 0 on Dragon eggs does not seem to be simple chance. All in all, the randomness does not seem to conform to probability. 

Of course, I could just be really unlucky. I have only hatched 9 and am working on my 10th. My husband has only hatched 7. But with the hatch time being 8 hours, to wake up or come home from work to find a pet we do not want waiting for us is really discouraging. 

I wish the pets dropped individually so I could just pick up my Flickerwick egg and run to the incubator. 

It's been mentioned multiple times that some pets are much more rare than others. Flickerwicks and purrpellars are the rarest in their respective eggs.

I don't see the point of making us wait 8 hours. You aren't offering a real money payment option, nor do I think anyone would actually pay any amount of money to skip the 8 hour incubation period. All it does is detract from your game, it's an annoying barrier that can't even be bypassed. Why lock us from this part of your game for 8 hours? Perhaps you should make the pets worth an amount of gold or decrease their drop rates but hatch them immediately. Or maybe they should require a certain number of missions to hatch.

I don't mind the 8hr timer because it can be fun to log in and see what's waiting for you. I hate the 48hr timer on the eggs themselves though, because I like pets and I hate seeing all those eggs go unused. I have a young kid and a job and a wife and I don't have time to make sure to log in every 8hr so I can pop the next egg into the incubator. I'm sure there are many people in my situation. You play on the weekend, get a bunch of eggs and if you're lucky, maybe you'll be able to hatch 2 or 3 before life takes over and all those eggs rot.

Get rid of the 48hr timer!

My only complaint that I didn't see mentioned was feeding the pets.  Why don't I have a max feed option or at the very least a one button feed instead of a 3 button feed?  It's REALLY annoying to be asked 3 times if I want to feed my pet and then not have a quick way to feed him to full.

Other than that, it's like everyone else; they are nice to have, but not knowing what the stats are and waiting 8 hours to get it is ludicrous!  If I have to wait 8 hours, let me select the type of pet that I want to hatch.  Maybe there are incubating options that will push it toward a certain stat?  

Maybe I wrap it in a blanket and it softens it and gives it speed?

Maybe I sit it in water and hardens it and gives it health?

Maybe I sit it in fire and it gives it power?  

Just some options that I was thinking about during my game play today.  I just hate waiting 8 hours for something that I probably won't use.  At least if I have a say it what is coming out, then I will have a better chance of using it (may still not if the correct amount of a stat doesn't hatch :) ).

**Side note**  I'm loving the game and the new levels.  Hoping that the new stat system will make a little more sense, but doesn't ruin what we already know about each character. :D

There are reroll items for all the stats. If you don't like a stat but you like the pet you got you can just use the items until you get one you want. It even gives you two choices on the stats when you use the item (I tried one earlier today). So far I seem to get some food boxes every boss/miniboss and I've gotten a reroll box at least once every freeplay map and sometimes more. So the only reason for the 8 hour wait is to try to get a different pet model, not to get perfect stats.

@Hecate quote:

There are reroll items for all the stats. If you don't like a stat but you like the pet you got you can just use the items until you get one you want. It even gives you two choices on the stats when you use the item (I tried one earlier today). So far I seem to get some food boxes every boss/miniboss and I've gotten a reroll box at least once every freeplay map and sometimes more. So the only reason for the 8 hour wait is to try to get a different pet model, not to get perfect stats.

This discussion was made for the Pets and Dragons update (Before rerolling stats was possible) :)

i havent found any eggs or petfood drops in a few months am i doing somthing wrong , my partner has started a new game and is having the same troubles can you help?

@Inuadre quote:

i havent found any eggs or petfood drops in a few months am i doing somthing wrong , my partner has started a new game and is having the same troubles can you help?

Wow Nekro'd a year old post ;)...

Anyway.. you start getting Eggs after you have completed the Wyvern Den Quest in the campaign.  after that Eggs will drop from Special and Boss monsters...

@LJMjollnir quote:

@Inuadre quote:

Wow Nekro'd a year old post ;)...

Anyway.. you start getting Eggs after you have completed the Wyvern Den Quest in the campaign.  after that Eggs will drop from Special and Boss monsters...

allready compleated it ^.^' though ill try and see if i have to do it agien , i know this game can ignore past achievments ^.^' sorry for the old complaint :D thanks