Pet incubation time

Errrrm, can i only have one pet in the oven ?

And, do i really have to wait 8 hours for my first pet to hatch ? .... really .... seriously ?

I was also very disappointed to hear about this as well.  The game should be fun enough to bring people back, not arbitrarily forcing players through wait timers.

I could live with the timers, IF i could incubate 20 eggs at a time.

But the timer + only one egg at a time = sucks

I think three slots would be perfect seeing as you can have three heroes in your deck. I just hope the stats are less random than gear and all of them are at least useful. Waiting 8 hours for junk would be bad.

I am perfectly content with the 8 hour requirement. Like mentioned higher up, 1 or two more slots would even out the wait-to-gratification paradigm.  I would either try to incubate at different intervals so I always had one hatching ever few hours. Or, if I knew I couldn't play much that day, start three and see the result the next day.

I acquired more eggs in my first two hours of gameplay today than I can hatch before they rot.

1.  Incubation timer is way too long.

2. Incubation should be a function of game time, not non-game time.

3. I have sold most of my eggs as they are essentially worthless due to this annoying timer mechanic.

@SGRock quote:

3. I have sold most of my eggs as they are essentially worthless due to this annoying timer mechanic.

Eggs sell for 0 gold, let them rot in your TIB if you dont intend to hatch them.

@SGRock quote:

I acquired more eggs in my first two hours of gameplay today than I can hatch before they rot.

They have already stated during their devstream that the incubation time is a device to make you want to come back. Non-game time is the way to do that. I also have begun to sell eggs, but I like to think that I am picking the best of the bunch to keep and hatch. Maybe dropping the time to 4 hour would allow an active player to get a new pet every play session but still allow the desired outcome of wanting to comeback in the morning.  

@Abble_Dabble quote:

@SGRock quote:

They have already stated during their devstream that the incubation time is a device to make you want to come back. Non-game time is the way to do that. I also have begun to sell eggs, but I like to think that I am picking the best of the bunch to keep and hatch. Maybe dropping the time to 4 hour would allow an active player to get a new pet every play session but still allow the desired outcome of wanting to comeback in the morning.  

This mechanic that is supposed to make me 'want to come back in the morning' kills eggs I farmed on Thursday and Friday if I leave for the weekend.  This makes me not want to come back on Monday.

1 hour to go for me! First Pet Hype! 

There's something about "coming soon" i wanna see what it is.

It's a early thing yet so, I'm not really hating on it, but yeah 8 hours per pet seems kinda too much but i guess pets are meant to be something more meaningful, not like DD1.

Also pets will have rerolls for what was mentioned.. So pets will be friends with you! :D

I think they are aiming for making every pet unique, if it takes a long time to make one, it´s because they want to make them feel special.

We could have some rare drops that makes it faster... at least it would be a way to reward those that play the game more.

But one could argue that would not be fair... idk lets see what they do.

Literally the first thing i got my first egg into the incubator was log off. Which was during the second new map. I played a different game until a few hours later. Came back to DD2 to try the third level and failed. Logged back off and went back to my other game.

This mechanic is supposed to bring players back, but it can also drive some players away. I want to beat the last level with my little pet by my side, but i have to wait a few hours for it. The incubation timer with the ridiculously short Rot timer wouldn't be so bad if there were more pets to incubate at a time. You can't even re-roll stats this patch. So now everyone literally Has to incubate each pet to get what they want.

Not only are there different styles of pets from each of the 3 eggs, there are different stats. Which makes it even more difficult to get what you want. I'd rather go farm for Legendaries that never appear than for more eggs since i have to wait So long for a 1/3 (or 1/2) chance for my dream pet.

Please Trendy. If you guys really think this mechanic is supposed to bring people back without putting effort into making them hatch faster, and with this long timer, please add more slots. Or find another way to address this but in it's current state. it isn't working at all. 

People don't go back to a game that they're going to complain the whole time about and not have any fun.