Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Betsy Legendary Weapons and Legendary Boots (Pets & Dragons)

We added the following Legendary weapons and Legendary boots to the game:

• These Legendary Weapons will have a chance to drop if you defeat Betsy in the Incursion playlist
  • Huntress: When the bow strikes enemies that are in the air, it has a chance to spawn grenades that fall to the ground damaging enemies underneath.
  • Apprentice: Firing the staff on the ground will place a single curse aura. Enemies inside the curse aura deal less damage. Can only have one curse aura active per Apprentice at any one time.
  • Squire: Attacking in the air now fires a sonic boom that deals damage to enemies as it passes through them.
  • Monk: Monk’s secondary attack has a chance to spawn a mini lightning aura that zaps enemies inside it for a few seconds before disappearing.
  • New Legendary boots added:  If you have the boots equipped, standing on Defenses will improve their defense power by a value.

How do you feel about them?

They all sound very amazing, tho the boots "New Legendary boots added: If you have the boots equipped, standing on Defenses will improve their defense power by a value." 

This seems to promote inactivity by allowing afk player to boost defenses, or at least ranged characters like huntress, however characters like the squire cannot make good use of this for any other than afk + they got the buff sword.

I agree.   Maybe the function can be changed slightly to buffing defenses in an area or allowing the buff to "stick"  after jumping on the tower so you can still move around. 

From what I've seen, the new special weapon procs are very interesting an unique.

I would like to see the boots changed, though, to encourage people to move around, such as letting the buff persist after you stop standing on a tower, so you can hop between a couple and keep them all boosted.

@Gutu quote:

They all sound very amazing, tho the boots "New Legendary boots added: If you have the boots equipped, standing on Defenses will improve their defense power by a value." 

This seems to promote inactivity by allowing afk player to boost defenses, or at least ranged characters like huntress, however characters like the squire cannot make good use of this for any other than afk + they got the buff sword.

To add, i'd suggest for the boots something funnier where walking charges the boost buff, then the boost would be used when you stood on top of the towers, the longer you moved, the higher the buff, then you'd jump on a tower for a big buff. 

Ummm besides for the 100k DPs bug the boots are pretty bad for monks and squire. Both do multintarget aoe damage melee damage with melee actives. Meaning when its balanced it will be good for hunters and apprentices only

So far I've only gotten the Squire and Apprentice ones and they have had limited use as the stats were not beneficial to the character.

Squire Weapon
- Having to jump to use this mechanic is a bit of a pain and as your defenses are taking down the flying enemies anyway its a bit of a waste.
- If this just added a projectile to your basic attacks (or every x attack) I think this would be much more beneficial.

Apprentice Weapon
- Probably the only one out of the weapons stated I would actually use if I got it, That damage reduction would be amazing vs. ogres (but I haven't tried that out yet) and as a side note it does not reduce Betsys fire damage
(Got bbq'd).

I didn't find a more appropriate thread for this, so I am gonna post this here.

I've played the three new maps a lot this weekend and I think, there are dropping way too many mythical and legendary items. Okay, the mythical might be fine. But legendaries are dropping like crazy. Atleast for me, maybe I was very lucky.

And the no-drop-ogres are still in the game! They crazy, they've been here since loot was introduced. And they even evolved! A few months ago, they dropped sometimes "invisible" loot (you could pick something up, but you didn't see it). Now it seems that ogres still don't drop anything. Not every time though.

@Skalli quote:

I didn't find a more appropriate thread for this, so I am gonna post this here.

I've played the three new maps a lot this weekend and I think, there are dropping way too many mythical and legendary items. Okay, the mythical might be fine. But legendaries are dropping like crazy. Atleast for me, maybe I was very lucky.

And the no-drop-ogres are still in the game! They crazy, they've been here since loot was introduced. And they even evolved! A few months ago, they dropped sometimes "invisible" loot (you could pick something up, but you didn't see it). Now it seems that ogres still don't drop anything. Not every time though.

I've heard of people like you who get stuff like 9 legs in 3 rounds of incursion hard on the 2nd forest map.

Then there's people like me who've done that map under the same conditions 3 times and then 5 incursions hard in betsy's lair and gotten 3 legs from all 8 total incursions... (note that I've played notably more than just 8 times in the new incursions, but my drop trends haven't deviated from this pattern)

The boots have been an absolute disaster.

Completely ruined the game for many, currently I am just soloing the necessary level for my token and then swapping eggs I can't stand playing with all these exploiters, may as well play DD1 with all the hackers.

Major foul up in "testing"

@Fozzie quote:

Completely ruined the game for many, currently I am just soloing the necessary level for my token and then swapping eggs I can't stand playing with all these exploiters, may as well play DD1 with all the hackers.

and everyone uses them everywhere you go its just o.o really?

@Fozzie quote:Major foul up in "testing"

While bad, it could have been worse.  And we've seen OP gear effects get rebalanced before.

The effects are nice but I think they need damage multipliers attached to them.

@Mega quote:

The effects are nice but I think they need damage multipliers attached to them.

Oh definitely.

@Fozzie quote:

I completely agree, after playing a round of pub, to find out people were intentionally exploiting the boots I played private all weekend. 

To me, I don't see it as the dev's fault (sure more testing could've found/fixed this), I see it as the communities fault for continually exploiting this.

@kavemantim+P quote:To me, I don't see it as the dev's fault (sure more testing could've found/fixed this), I see it as the communities fault for continually exploiting this.

What you don't see are all the bugs that did get fixed.

While I love the art of the new weapons, unfortunately the damage they do is just very bland and mediocre.

The huntress bow should have a chance to launch the grenades when attacking anything, not just flying. As it stands, exactly how often are flying units above ground units? And don't even get me started on the laughable damage it does if you do manage to get them to hit...

Art design, and how they work, spot on. Actual damage they do and how beneficial it is to use them? Mostly lackluster. Considering how rare getting a weapon has been for me.

I think the squire weapon should be : Fire a sonic boom when HP is full... Zelda tribute anyone?

Oh and PLEASE for the love of god, that boot bug need to be fixed asap.   ><

To add on in regards to the boots of pewpew, there's bugs where you suicide and the buff remains.  There's been times where you are trying to activate the buff by hopping up on a tower and it doesn't take. so you have to bounce up and down a few times till it finally "takes".

They need a lot of reworking all around. If the trigger for it becomes more reliable I'd say change it to build up a certain amount of "charges" through some type of action needing to be done by the player (remembering to put a max number of charges or a timer of how long a charge can be held for, else we'll be having a repeat of Reckoning Bombs in DD2... which might actually be kind of funny once or twice). Could be mobs killed, damage dealt in the past X seconds or something like that.

I really like the apprentice staff's effect!

On topic of the boots: I like the idea, but I'm not sure standing on top of a tower is desireable. As some others have mentioned, picking the nearest tower would be best.

In DDE, you abandoned the principle behind the guardian pets from DD1, which was a real shame. I really hope we'll see them again in DD2.

the gear: couldn't find anything but 2 squire swords and the monk weapon. New monk weapon is lackluster, The squire weapon is a novelty item. Jump to attack air minions lose aggro on the minis your'e ground tanking and specialty damage is so low on the weapon might as well let the birds fly by. cant spend time farming her anymore because the drop rate is to low to actually get the gear and compare.

Please reward us Trendy Entertainment for playing this game for playing Betsy. Please. I would have all kinds of things to say about the gear she dropped if i could actually farm her, with the hero I'm playing and get rewarded for playing that hero type against here and get the new weapons for that hero to drop. The drop rate is the most difficult part of the game and not getting anything after beating the new boss is a huge bummer... i think its comedic gold to release a new boss that never drops her loot and then ask how it is. "uber leet satyr"! (nicest smiley face to show I'm being truthful about the hilarity)

Difficulty obtaining said items in question:

The cast of Pay Day trying to steal a dollar from Fort Knoxx. 

Do these betsy weapons actually exist??? I've played betsy incursion almost every day that it's the daily challenge since it was released, and done a little bit of extra farming of betsy but still I haven't even seen 1 betsy weapon! Am I just extremely unlucky or do they only drop in other modes besides incursion?