Sign in to follow this  
Syclic

Pets & Dragons Patch Caster's Guild Preview Feedback

I'd like to hear any feedback about the Caster's Guild streams on 4/26 and 4/27 showing off the patch early.

I think they did a great job with everything for the most part, my only problems are token farming/balancing and the fact that the testers are keeping their farm that was restricted to the rest of the community.

I should also note that I think the dps inflation on towers may be overtuned (seeing a cannon on someone lacking full dp ds gear doing 2760 base dps is a bit strong in context to the content) and with this I should note my towers are relatively high end so it's coming from someone that will likely breeze content close to right away.

Feedback to the casters, most of you did a good job by preparing yourselves on all of the new things that came out and were prepared to answer questions and test out what viewers wanted.

First streamer is a great person! no offence but, I didnt like the first stream because this idea of leaving something to the rest of the casters is bad since everyone can't tune in for 48hours to learn everything. Of course you don't have time to show everything but you can't just say nope I won't click that and show it to you because I'm leaving something for others, that is not the way. If you have a plan, tell it to the viewers at the beginning and stick to it instead of showing the surface of something you let the viewers ask for.

I guess given the access 2 days earlier and keeping the progress may serve as a reward for the showcase this time.

Feedback for this idea.

If the patch needs to be beta tested then do so but I don't find it necessary to arrange this kind of showcase of it.

In my opinion,

Pros

+ serves as tutorial for some user end problems before the actual patch comes out, "where do I hatch my pet"

+ we get full detailed information of the patch and how everything works

+ we see all the content

+ Trendy gets it tested out and may still fix some critical errors that would cause huge problems with a big crowd

Cons

- Jealousy because the progress is kept by them

- we could have just seen all the content with our own eyes and the casters couldnt really answer anything we couldn't have answered ourselves by playing the patch

For the future If trendy wants to do it this way, do not let them keep the progress, give them for example premium currency for doing it, eliminates the jealousy factor. It is good as a tutorial to reduce the amount of the "dumb" questions but those will still exist because everyone wasn't watching the streams.

Another option could be extended devstream where devs answer some harder questions about it and show it all to us and do the betatest with some non streaming group.

The fact that they have exclusive early access to the patch and are permited to stream it should be reward enough. Not that I mind if they keep the rewards (eventually there will be a wipe, even if it is just when the game releases), but it just seems kinda unfair.

In terms of the streams themselves, I only watched a bit of the Tacos one, and I enjoyed it. I was trying to avoid seeing much as to experience it for myself, so I really didn't watch much, but the bit I did was really entertaining.

@Bunniecake quote:

Jealousy because the progress is kept by them

- we could have just seen all the content with our own eyes and the casters couldnt really answer anything we couldn't have answered ourselves by playing the patch

... eliminates the jealousy factor....

Bunniejellycake apprentice_small.png

@TheCrimsonTea quote:

eventually there will be a wipe, even if it is just when the game releases

this is pretty inaccurate unless something new popped up over the last week or two. Trendy has said on numerous occasions to include the live stream and on threads that they will not wipe unless it becomes necessary based on changes within the game. Well that and now they threw in possible chance based on popular opinion.

@MamaTata quote:

@Bunniecake quote:

Jealousy because the progress is kept by them

... eliminates the jealousy factor....

Bunniejellycake apprentice_small.png

(/( ^_^ )\)

[[75976,users]] when you say progression are you talking about monster coins and stuff too? I could care less bout the other stuff but I'd be jealous about the 2 day headstart on monster coins :p

well this might explain why I tried checking out a thread earlier to see what was going on but just got an error message saying it was deleted.

I think the showcase was great. For the most part every stream I joined, questions were answered and if they were not, the caster was usually covering a different part of the patch.

@Bunniecake quote:

- Jealousy because the progress is kept by them

I can see this being an issue, though I believe Iamisom said in a thread that was deleted that casters keeping their progress was never intended and only happened this time around because of the way their reward system for costumes etc is structured. I don't think it will happen again in future showcases and perhaps that's for the best, keeping everybody on an even playing field. However its just a couple of days.

Streams provided information, entertainment and got me hyped to play some new content. I would call that a success.

Yeah I didnt get to check that out either, probably removed because there was some kind of heat. But exactly nothin of the other stuffs makes a player jealous but all the long term content in it does, pets and coins are both gained by long term system that has limitations so ofc head start makes someone jealous. The other thread was the reason I added that to the cons because it got removed there must have been some rage going on.

In my opinion, this was a good approach to previewing the patch for those who are interested in seeing it before its release. Devstreams aren't long enough to show many levels of gameplay for such a large patch.

A job well done to all of the streamers for putting in the time and effort.

@keona quote:

Bunniecake when you say progression are you talking about monster coins and stuff too? I could care less bout the other stuff but I'd be jealous about the 2 day headstart on monster coins :p

well this might explain why I tried checking out a thread earlier to see what was going on but just got an error message saying it was deleted.

Every time trendy upgraded to new build casters dailies got refreshed. This means they got a bit more than 2 days ahead of us. Some had at least 20 tokens in the end so we will be seeing first ubers in less than two weeks. But in long run few days doesn't really matter.

@keona quote:

@TheCrimsonTea quote:

this is pretty inaccurate unless something new popped up over the last week or two. Trendy has said on numerous occasions to include the live stream and on threads that they will not wipe unless it becomes necessary based on changes within the game. Well that and now they threw in possible chance based on popular opinion.

Are you expecting our Early Alpha progress to carry over when the game fully launches? Newcomers would be at an enormous disadvantage, and as such I expect at the very least a wipe on that time.

But the steams were a nice way for us to get an extra sneak peek at new content!

@TheCrimsonTea quote:

@keona quote:

@TheCrimsonTea quote:

Are you expecting our Early Alpha progress to carry over when the game fully launches? Newcomers would be at an enormous disadvantage, and as such I expect at the very least a wipe on that time.

But the steams were a nice way for us to get an extra sneak peek at new content!

My thoughts exactly. It is pretty naive to think that a free to play game will have a long lifespan if a majority of their playerbase is maxed out by launch day and they can keep their progress ^-^ I expect a launch wipe as well. 

[[75976,users]] Appreciate the feedback and I will take that into account next time TCG does something like this. ^-^

Sorry for the double post but there seems to be a website issue and I cant log in but I can still post. 

@Dagnome quote:

My thoughts exactly. It is pretty naive to think that a free to play game will have a long lifespan if a majority of their playerbase is maxed out by launch day and they can keep their progress ^-^ I expect a launch wipe as well. 

This would be absolutely true if level cap was kept at 25 but we all know its going to be raised. Allowing current players to keep their progress on launch essentially gives them a 15-20 hour head start. Current gear will be made pretty much irrelevant so this isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Sorry for the double post but there seems to be a website issue and I cant log in but I can still post. 

Try deleting your cookies, that has worked for me in the past.

The couple of times I watched, it seemed mostly helpful.

On the flip side, having access and the ability to show it off was reward enough, their tokens and such should have been wiped.

No big deal really, but I can see where people would have issues with it.

Just like i would love to see us keep our characters I think the casters guild should keep theirs.  Judging by most of the hours they have played (most 50 or less one over 500) the majority of them made a significantly higher time investment in the game in the last two days than they have in a long while.  Time is money.  Investing time should yield a reward.  I am all for people who invest time to alpha test a game to have the option to keep their time earned rewards!

@Yuwee quote:
@Dagnome quote:

This would be absolutely true if level cap was kept at 25 but we all know its going to be raised. Allowing current players to keep their progress on launch essentially gives them a 15-20 hour head start. Current gear will be made pretty much irrelevant so this isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Try deleting your cookies, that has worked for me in the past.

If there is no real need for wipe this sounds the way to approach this issue. Players that have played a lot won’t feel like they have lost everything and it won’t take that long for new player to reach general level.

I think that it was def something interesting, specially 'cause there were a lot of new features and this allowed us to think and analyze them before they were ready. They all did a great job!  It was a really interested thing!

The stream was very informative on what to come in the upcoming patch. The members gave great preview on whats to come.

2 days head start? I thought it was 4 days? Didn't they get it Friday night?

Seems like a lot of people are bother by the Monster token head start the Casters guild members got. This is the case only because Monster token is a gated currency.

Maybe Trendy can give the rest of us some tokens for compensation.

@MrCrave quote:

The stream was very informative on what to come in the upcoming patch. The members gave great preview on whats to come.

2 days head start? I thought it was 4 days? Didn't they get it Friday night?

Seems like a lot of people are bother by the Monster token head start the Casters guild members got. This is the case only because Monster token is a gated currency.

Maybe Trendy can give the rest of us some tokens for compensation.

They got on sunday if i'm not wrong :P 

It was in our plans to wipe their progress, but unfortunately, we ran into an unforeseen bug at the 11th hour with reverting their save files that would have done really wonky things to their profiles. The culprit appears to be the way we're giving players their Early Access, Collector's Edition, Defense Council and DD1/DDE Loyalty Rewards. I do sincerely apologize for the frustration this caused. In the future, this shouldn't be an issue.