Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 18 (This Friday, 5PM EDT)

Question 1) With the new mailbox / in-game currency can you transfer it to other accounts or gift it to friends now or in the future?

Question 2) Re: Cosmetic pricing outlined in Devstream 17, does this factor in currency packs or the 50% current discount on currency? Right now for example you can buy $130 of currency for $45 USD collectors edition, so will $16 for the ninja outfit for example actually mean $16 usd approx?

[Want to make sure you guys are making enough money and have a financially sustainable business model] 

1- Which features are planned or thought for the next patch? Will onslaught be on it?

2- Will we ever be able to wear a mix of accessories of different costumes? I like certain parts of certain costumes and it would give me a lot more freedom and customization if i could chose only 1 part of each. (ps: love the costumes!)

@RetroPenguin

Will the other heroes be only purchasable through DLC?

(In my personal opinion, I think they should)

Trendy has claimed that there will be no DLCs, however if you mean premium currency, this is a active discussion in the forums that started due to someone making that same question in the last devstream.

@Gutu quote:

@

RetroPenguin quote:

Will the other heroes be only purchasable through DLC?

(In my personal opinion, I think they should)

Trendy has claimed that there will be no DLCs, however if you mean premium currency, this is a active discussion in the forums that started due to someone making that same question in the last devstream.

Interesting -- Also, sorry for asking naive questions, I have just started following all the news of DD2 and just started getting into the discussions and polls.  

1. Would you guys ever consider setting up a workshop on steam similar to Team Fortress 2's? I haven't played too much of that but it seems that the TF2 community love that function. I'm sure plenty of people would love to make accessories for Heroes and have the chance for them to be put in the game if enough of the community back it. Keeping the community involved seems like the best way to increase the longevity of any game let alone a Free to Play one. 

I myself would love to see what the community could crank out.

2. If you can't spoil this that's fine, but has there been any talk of the Summoner's return? I'm sure they'd be a long way off especially if you bring back some of the RTS-like features. I was just asking because have a friend who loves Summoner so much he almost exclusively plays as them and is skeptical about moving over to DD2 and losing "His baeby" So I figured I'd ask for him. lol

Questions:

1. Will a bonus for having all the gear of the same tier of rarity be introduced at all, similar to DD1?

2. With the announcement of upgrading all our bags to premium (thank you sooooo much) will players be refunded the gold they have spent on obtaining premium bags or will this not be retrospective?

In the future, will costumes and accessories be added as daily quest rewards (or Wyvern token rewards)?

What other pet types are planned for the future?

1) Have you decided on how gender swap "costumes"/heroes will be handled?

2) Last stream you spoke briefly about rewards for playing Dungeon Defenders Eternity, could you expand on that a bit? Are they for simply owning the game, getting existing in game achievements, or will there be new goals to reach? Will they be time limited like the $6 reward for owning DD1/DDE being up for only one week? Just wondering if I should be revisiting DDE a bit or not.

1.) How are you planning on making the game not a gear treadmill late game. I would love it if you have plans on making side grades and other things. Not just increasing stat sticks. Like Diablo 3 lesson that was learned stat sticks isn't enough for this type of game to be played for that long. We don't want things like consistent stat upgrades on new items. We want new play-styles. Other than Tower build vs DPS build. We are going the right direction, but I don't want my Tower squire the same as the other person's tower squire. I want more build diversity. so once a build is complete you can get a new build. My question is, how do you plan on having side grades and not putting a WoW gear grind in the game so you gear and be ready for the next patch? 

2.) Have you though about how you can make Items more interesting than basic stat upgrades for Defense life or Tower life? How about DPS heroes, thought of any interesting things that modify your attack vs just more damage.Base line, my concern is i want build diversity more than stat upgrades every content update patch. How do you plan on not having Power Creep? 

Bottom line is How do you plan on keeping the challenges/incursions and Bosses relevant when you guys increase level cap. the last thing this game needs is to not have people play XYZ because the rewards aren't great as ABC... How do you plan on including ABCXYZ? when the pieces fall into place?

Have you decided yet which payment methods we will be able to use for buying premium currency?

Do you intend to extend the cosmetics shop's range by selling dyes? (I'd love to buy dyes to color my heroes the way I could in DD1)

1. Are all pets going to have the same number of evolutions?  If not, are all pets guaranteed to have at least one evolved form?
  2. Are there going to be special evolution criteria where a single pet could evolve multiple ways based on how you raised it (i.e. like Eevee of Pokemon)?

2 questions per player sorry so maybe just pick your 2 favourites, you can probably see their ear size once they come on twitch though to do the stream. If you make your video full screen, you can see ear size in all its glory. Can even take screenshot and open in Paintshop then zoom in

@Professor_Valconian quote:

Do your ears hang low?

Do they wobble to and fro?

Can you tie them in a knot?

Can you tie them in a bow?

Can you throw them over your shoulder like a continental soldier?

Do your ears hang low?

@Gardndan004 quote:

When will you tell us when you plan to tell us the release date for the PS4 version

late this year, so probably nov will be the announcement of the release

Other languages are planned for dd2? (German, French, Spanish, Chinese, ...)

Will you make more performance tweaks to the game? For example, 3 other Unreal 3 engine games (Borderlands 2, Life is Strange, Mass Effect 3) I can play with far from higher settings. And DD2 I need to play on low settings.

@Medivha quote:

Will you make more performance tweaks to the game? For example, 3 other Unreal 3 engine games (Borderlands 2, Life is Strange, Mass Effect 3) I can play with far from higher settings. And DD2 I need to play on low settings.

Other languages: confirmed, mentioned in a recent dev stream that they are waiting on localization tools and have to modify some other back end stuff like string lengths to support it.

Performance: 100% certain there will be ongoing optimization. Previous dev stream briefly talked about this, they're tiding up low performance areas (particularly the social tavern) whenever possible and appropriate.

@Gunghoe quote:

1.) How are you planning on making the game not a gear treadmill late game. I would love it if you have plans on making side grades and other things. Not just increasing stat sticks. Like Diablo 3 lesson that was learned stat sticks isn't enough for this type of game to be played for that long. We don't want things like consistent stat upgrades on new items. We want new play-styles. Other than Tower build vs DPS build. We are going the right direction, but I don't want my Tower squire the same as the other person's tower squire. I want more build diversity. so once a build is complete you can get a new build. My question is, how do you plan on having side grades and not putting a WoW gear grind in the game so you gear and be ready for the next patch? 

2.) Have you though about how you can make Items more interesting than basic stat upgrades for Defense life or Tower life? How about DPS heroes, thought of any interesting things that modify your attack vs just more damage.Base line, my concern is i want build diversity more than stat upgrades every content update patch. How do you plan on not having Power Creep?

@Fayrr quote:

@Medivha quote:

Other languages: confirmed, mentioned in a recent dev stream that they are waiting on localization tools and have to modify some other back end stuff like string lengths to support it.

Performance: 100% certain there will be ongoing optimization. Previous dev stream briefly talked about this, they're tiding up low performance areas (particularly the social tavern) whenever possible and appropriate.

there are 2 maps that also have performance issues, But I guess that's just my older PC

Was the huntress nerf intentional? Honestly, a good huntress went from 60k crits on ogre faces to 19k, and the sustained DPS went from 22-28k to around 9-14k to the dummies. Now, I wouldn't say that this is a big deal but for many players I know that have rolled the huntress class for DPS in groups with builders, we literally have nothing to do. 

1-3 months is my estimate :p

think about it from a design / game company perspective. You build the base / foundations first and the first 4 heroes. Learn what works, what doesnt. Do balance pass..

Then develop some other heros.

@GodOfAllHexagons quote:

Even if you have no idea can you still to try to give an estimate of when new heroes might be released? And also will we be seeing heroes from the last game as adults in this one?

1) Will premium skins be able to be obtained in other ways other then gems? EG gold, quests, rare drop 

2) any planned FREE skin, simple ones to differ from other defenders?