Sign in to follow this  
Kiraeyl

Acts of Bravery

Hey guys! Too keep things interesting and fun, I started doing something today on stream called "Acts of Bravery". It's where you take a hero and try to limit the amount of abilities/defenses you can use during a map campaign. Here are the rules I used:

1. The player can only choose one mouse click/one ability/one defense. For example, during my Squire attempt during an Act of Bravery, I could only do the left click, cast the Provoke ability, and drop a cannonball turret during the whole campaign. 

2. A hero cannot use any other ability or defense. If the player does (even by accident), the Act of Bravery has failed.

3. It is allowed to respec and outfit the hero in accordance to what abilities/defense unit the player has decided to use.

I hope you guys have fun doing your Acts of Bravery! If you'd like to comment on how to make this even more fun, please feel free. It was loads of fun having viewers choose via strawpoll which I was allowed to do and how the campaign went. XD Let's just say my Apprentice attempt at an Act of Bravery failed spectacularly. 

Have fun and see you in the tavern!

-Kira

Interesting, but to be fair, that's how 50%+ of the people play the squire heheh

Well, if you'd rather I give another example I can ;) Just so it's not something that most people already do. :D 

Apprentice Act of Bravery: only right click, only use frostbite turret, and only be able to cast Arcane Volley. 

Several variations:

Can't use a defense can only use abilities.

Can't use abilities, can only use defenses. 

Can't use abilities OR defenses, can only use left click or right click. 

Can't have any item types/stats/bonuses, can only have certain item types/stats/bonuses.

:) 

It was good watching and participating via the straw polls. I'll do some of them when I'm streaming some DD2.

- Suggestions for Acts of Bravery -  
Complete maps as:
 "This and That" - Only Use Even / Odd abilities Towers (2,4,6,8 or 1,3,5,7)
 "Combo Addict " - Only Use tower / ability combos, ie frost cannonball, oil/blaze balloon.
 "Who Needs 'em" - Use NO Tower / ability combos 
 "None Shall Pass" - Only Use Blockades and Left Click

"The Little Guys" -Hero takes out Goblins (includes the two specials) , Towers Take out all other enemies (including specials / ogres)

"I have no idea what I'm doing"-  Only Hero Based Stats on characters (ignoring Magical and Physical Resist)

"Where do I put this" -No Towers placed in the "walkable" enemy space

@Esorath quote:

- Suggestions for Acts of Bravery -  

"None Shall Pass" - Only Use Blockades and Left Click

PS: don't attempt with squire solo

I did something along the same lines with my stream tonight, and had the viewers suggest ideas.  We did the melee battle and it was entertaining.  

The other suggestion was a monk build using non-electrical items.  So it was skytowers and serenity/boost auras...It would have been passable with 3 monks.  

The community really likes the ideas of trying unique challenges as much as they like the technical builds...we really should continue to push these ideas as they help bring in new style of players. Not just the super-technical individuals. (which are great, by the way, too)

@Gutu quote:

Interesting, but to be fair, that's how 50%+ of the people play the squire heheh

See, now if you could just do a squire/ballista only build...oh wait...did that. :)

The best thing about these Acts of Bravery is that they can always be changed and adapted to suit new updates that come to the game for example...

• Skill Sphere system - You can have your stream decide which specializations you are going into along side what abilities and towers you can use. Will they have them match and help you? Probably not :D
  • Pets - Which pet type you can use, which evolved state it is in, a pet with a specific ability or stat or just open you pet inventory and tell them to shout one at you.
  • Difficulties - Right now we've got Normal and Hard spread over a number of difficulties. Do you dare let them choose which difficulty you're doing?
  • Maps - Because not every Act of Bravery will be possible on every map... or is it? 
  • Equipped gear - I suggested to Kiraeyl that she should alter her gear to suit what conditions she was given but what if you were forced to wear nothing but Common (Green) quality gear with only Magical resist? Or Rare (Blue) Quality Tower speed gear with only blockades? It's truly evil isn't it? No loopholes for us!
  • Tower upgrade levels - Two different acts here. "No upgrades allowed" Fairly straight forward eh? but how about "MAX level upgrades" You can only build a new defense when the first one you've built is max level. 

And then if your feeling really daring or you've taken a bump to the head you can try ALL of them at once. Why would you even do that?!

Also if we keep these going Trendy could possible add some hidden achievements for some of them. Put Acts of Bravery in the game as a sort of Achievement? Hint hint :D

Wow I am so excited you guys are liking this! :D And the ideas that are being created and shared off of the original is great. Love reading what you guys are coming up with!! 

I have been brainstorming some more that I will post when I return home on Sunday. Wooo! I can't wait to do more of these and to also see you guys do them too!

- Kira

I've pretty much reached level 20 and just began ramparts with 0 item power the entire way on hard mode from level 1.

It's the true challenge that you'll want to compete in. Good luck, you'll need it. (you must do it solo the entire way.) And to add credibility to the fuel of fire, I've recorded all of this which will be posted on my website and on Youtube soon once I've completed campaign 100%.

@Sinistar quote:

I've pretty much reached level 20 and just began ramparts with 0 item power the entire way on hard mode from level 1.

It's the true challenge that you'll want to compete in. Good luck, you'll need it. (you must do it solo the entire way.) And to add credibility to the fuel of fire, I've recorded all of this which will be posted on my website and on Youtube soon once I've completed campaign 100%.

Nice one mate, good challenge. Smart move recording it. Make sure you link it to here so we can all see it too.