Sign in to follow this  
AussieMark

Some legendary items dropping still 0 stats

I believe to have been reported previously, at least i know i have, it's related to play with huntress, probably some bug with the huntress' defenses special stats. 'Cause the ability ones do spawn, however the towers don't.

The medalions come with only 1 special stat and the totems with none.

yeah but they said they fixed it for all new drops, just old items with bugged stats wouldnt be changed retrospectively

@Gutu quote:

I believe to have been reported previously, at least i know i have, it's related to play with huntress, probably some bug with the huntress' defenses special stats. 'Cause the ability ones do spawn, however the towers don't.

The medalions come with only 1 special stat and the totems with none.

Hello Defenders!!!

@AussieMark quote:

Just got this today:

x06GXs5.jpg

So this has been an issue for a while. The good news is that it will be fixed in a future update. With that out of the way, I did want to take a second to explain some things related to passives.

In order to clarify passives, I took a long hard look at the list we had so far and where they appeared. The goal was to "theme" the passives around the items that they appear on in order for you guys and gals to clearly associate what sort of passives each type of item can give.

As an example: The head slot is thematically all about "wisdom" and "intelligence," so you will see things related to Magic, Mana Regen, Defense Range... etc appear on helms (for the most part) exclusively. With that change, when you see helms you will know what sort of passives you can expect on them and better figure out what helm you need for whatever build you are going for.

We recently pushed that change out to all of you, and that is why you sometimes see few or even no assives appear on items. It turns out we do not yet have enough passives for all the item types. Because of this, we'll be reverting some of these changes and doing it on a more incremental basis as the amount of passives starts to climb enough to have some cool meaningful choices.

So in conclusion, it is our medium to long term goal to make clear thematic associations between the item type and the passives you will see on these types of items. This will be a multiple step process but before we go too far down that road I wanted to ask all of you... What are your thoughts on this?

@Blacksmith quote:

So in conclusion, it is our medium to long term goal to make clear thematic associations between the item type and the passives you will see on these types of items. This will be a multiple step process but before we go too far down that road I wanted to ask all of you... What are your thoughts on this?

Assuming passives are the special stats.

I think it's always interesting to see the magical realm meet some logic and explanation. However I also think that i like to stack stats, so i wouldn't really be interested in having certain passives locked in a single gear piece. 

But a logical location of the special stats is quite interesting, and i think there may be a way to keep the passives stacking with a logic.

So i think the idea is great as long as it doesn't go as far as stopping stacking them. Maybe a different special stat could be the same however by working differently, maybe instead of only boots providing movement speed, you could have a less weight on the chest that would indirectly influence your speed, still keeping the logic of it and allowing you to reach higher stacking values.

Blacksmith one question: are you ever going to do anything about the massive amount of gold % spam on items?  It's so infuriating to be farming for hours for decent legs, only to find when you finally get that level 25 leg *item type here* that it's chalk full of bonus gold % text you don't care about instead of various useful effects that you were looking for.  I know there was previously voiced irritation over exp % appearing on level 25 items, but honestly, I'm pretty sure a vast majority of people you asked would say that gold % is almost, if not just, as bad.

I don't think it should necessarily be removed, but what I do think would make sense is if you condensed it; instead of having a bunch of X values spread out over every possible piece of gear, combine them all into one value and have it appear on a specific piece of gear. (e.g. chestplate, gloves, or a/some trinket[s])

I think it's always interesting to see the magical realm meet some logic and explanation. However I also think that i like to stack stats, so i wouldn't really be interested in having certain passives locked in a single gear piece.

One thing you might want to consider is that limiting the pieces stats can appear on also means they can make the values of those stats larger without breaking things. :p

@Prince Mononoke quote:

Blacksmith one question: are you ever going to do anything about the massive amount of gold % spam on items?  It's so infuriating to be farming for hours for decent legs, only to find when you finally get that level 25 leg *item type here* that it's chalk full of bonus gold % text you don't care about instead of various useful effects that you were looking for.  I know there was previously voiced irritation over exp % appearing on level 25 items, but honestly, I'm pretty sure a vast majority of people you asked would say that gold % is almost, if not just, as bad.

I don't think it should necessarily be removed, but what I do think would make sense is if you condensed it; instead of having a bunch of X values spread out over every possible piece of gear, combine them all into one value and have it appear on a specific piece of gear. (e.g. chestplate, gloves, or a/some trinket[s])

I would like this, actually.

It'd remove an artificial layer of RNG on specific items, and get rid of a near useless stat you barely notice at times.
The majority of my gold income, comes from vendoring things. The amount of coin drops seems rather low, but I could be noticing things wrong.

Gold % as a stat just feels really bland, and until it's noticeable, I would not even notice it being missing.

I know that's not very good feedback, but it's about how I feel about the stat as a whole. Dislike it almost as much as ability power.. lol.