Sign in to follow this  
draemn

Change to influence vote refund

My 2C is that it isn't completely fair for the losing team to have 100% of their votes refunded.  I would like to see no more than 50% of the points refunded to the losing team.  It just doesn't make sense to me that if I vote for something that goes through, I'm suddenly unable to make anywhere near as significant of an impact on the next influence due to others getting a [potentially] big refund of points, giving them a larger ratio of the points pool to decide the vote with.

Of course, some of this worry will average out in the fact that the people on the losing/winning side won't always vote for the same thing on the next initiative vote.  So, I do agree with giving a partial refund (in return for their points not getting what they wanted), just not the full 100%.

Only way this would work is to give every player the exact same amount of influence votes for every influence vote. For example 20 points to everyone and after the vote all of them would be taken away. But this obviously doesn't work because newbies have the same amount of votes then and the game can be guided the way we really didn't want after all.

You would obviously like to see, let's say 300 of your hard earned points from 150days, be wasted because someone does a little trick in the last 30 seconds, don't you?

I think the idea behind all this you have typed here is that you don't want the ones who were thinking differently from your own opinion to be able to vote in the future because it may be so again.

It's fine as it is now.

@draemn quote:

My 2C is that it isn't completely fair for the losing team to have 100% of their votes refunded.  I would like to see no more than 50% of the points refunded to the losing team.  It just doesn't make sense to me that if I vote for something that goes through, I'm suddenly unable to make anywhere near as significant of an impact on the next influence due to others getting a [potentially] big refund of points, giving them a larger ratio of the points pool to decide the vote with.

Of course, some of this worry will average out in the fact that the people on the losing/winning side won't always vote for the same thing on the next initiative vote.  So, I do agree with giving a partial refund (in return for their points not getting what they wanted), just not the full 100%.

makes no sense whatsoever as no points are currently returned to either side and shouldnt be ever its best this way as to level the playing field the people that have 300+ points are people that log into the forums/game everyday and thus accumulate a vast point collection

@Kittendemon quote:

makes no sense whatsoever as no points are currently returned to either side and shouldnt be ever its best this way as to level the playing field the people that have 300+ points are people that log into the forums/game everyday and thus accumulate a vast point collection

As mentioned above the points are refunded to everyone who lost. Now I wouldn't really say that people who have 300+ points are even active on game/forums, because opening a the browser and launching the game launcher doesn't not at any point count as activity in my point of view :P

Now to the OP, I don't think that would fix the many issues with the influence votes... The only way to make it fair, was a point wipe for everyone after each vote so everyone is forced to vote and people don't over accumulate points. 

@Bunniecake quote:

Kittendemon

umm.. the points are returned to the losing side..

this i was not aware of and that shouldnt even be happening if you spend your points on your choice and lose you should just save up for the next vote not the points being refunded not only is this not fair to the winning side but its pretty much is a slap in the face i spent all my points and won but for the next vote i have no points now yet they get all their points back no it shouldnt be happening and i like gutus idea a point wipe after every influence so people start fresh if your gonna refund the points to one side the other side should be getting the points as well regardless of wether or not they won

@Kittendemon quote:

this i was not aware of and that shouldnt even be happening if you spend your points on your choice and lose you should just save up for the next vote not the points being refunded not only is this not fair to the winning side but its pretty much is a slap in the face i spent all my points and won but for the next vote i have no points now yet they get all their points back no it shouldnt be happening and i like gutus idea a point wipe after every influence so people start fresh if your gonna refund the points to one side the other side should be getting the points as well regardless of wether or not they won

The main thing, I believe, that Trendy is trying to accomplish by giving the losing side their points back is to not alienate players that continually lose the votes. If a player gets to the point where they just feel like nothing they want is making it into the game they'll abandon it. Thus, if you lose one vote you have a bit more say in the next vote. This seems to be piling up on some players and they will soon be able to sway the vote themselves.

@Syclic quote:

@Kittendemon quote:

The main thing, I believe, that Trendy is trying to accomplish by giving the losing side their points back is to not alienate players that continually lose the votes. If a player gets to the point where they just feel like nothing they want is making it into the game they'll abandon it. Thus, if you lose one vote you have a bit more say in the next vote. This seems to be piling up on some players and they will soon be able to sway the vote themselves.

i can understand that but its a straight slap in the face to the winners still as its no longer an even playing field if i win i spend all my points and then i have no power in the next vote there trying to give people the power to vote but this is not the way at all the best way to do it would be to do as gutu has said wipe everyones point after the voting then that will make the field even

Well if you've won a vote your points actually "influenced" the game whereas the points from the losing side did not.

That said I believe there should be a way to farm more influence points if you are too low (bellow the average of the community) like doing daily challenges or staying logged in for 2+ hours.

I totally disagree with any kind of 100% point wipe.  If you chose not to vote with all of your points, why should you lose any points that you didn't use to vote?  I also disagree with any way to get more than 2 points per day.  If you chose to use your influence points to vote, you know well that you'll have to spend them and this helps keep people more thoughtful of how they vote as they are a limited resource.

Giving a 100% refund to the losing side somewhat removes the aspect of limited resource and allows people to put less thought into their votes because they can just say "I'll get all my points back if I don't get what I want anyways."