Sign in to follow this  
Kittendemon

a few ideas for enhancing current gameplay and adding some casual fun

i love dd2 and how it is progressing but what i think i would love to see is a couple systems put in to assist the in the future to come "market"

and just helping players relax

pet breeding: a system where you breed maxed out pets to have a chance at obtaining a pet with higher then average base stats/abilities

relying on materials from gardening/farming fishing and mining which would crate a whole new area for the pet system

Gardening/farming: allowing players to purchase a small plot of land outside the tavern with in-game currency to grow crops and other plants

with the option of crossbreeding plants you could create a number of targetted pet foods to increase a pets stats while they are growing?

mining: a purchasable mine that you can run through to find minerals and gems maybe even rare artifacts from the times of old that could be used to upgrade your current relics targetted stats or just a slight boost altogether

fishing: something else that could be added that would let us just have some simple fun maybe add in a weekly trophy board that cycles the type of fish and is judged by weight/length and maybe the winners of the weekly contest wins gold or an item or pet food maybe

i just think it would be something cool as a side thing that would promote the market when trading happens it would also enhance the other aspects of the game such as pet breeding/growing materials for any crafting system in the future maybe  and give us something to do besides oppressing poor little goblins all day :p

please share your thoughts on these systems ^^

Well that sounds more like features of an MMORPG with open world, i'm not sure about these exactly, but i do enjoy the idea you have of having something different going on that people would relax. 

However Dungeon Defenders doesn't seem to be taking this path, so i'd think we could take it in another path instead of something like the typical MMOs or something like breeding to get them stronger.

I enjoy your idea, just not the application you give to it. I think maybe something more hero based could be used, we could even go as far as having a Arena where people challenge each other with stakes, so you lose/win something. and then go to the different game modes.

Even an Etherian Chess Game mode would be fun if done right, just like many others.

@Gutu quote:

Well that sounds more like features of an MMORPG with open world, i'm not sure about these exactly, but i do enjoy the idea you have of having something different going on that people would relax. 

However Dungeon Defenders doesn't seem to be taking this path, so i'd think we could take it in another path instead of something like the typical MMOs or something like breeding to get them stronger.

I enjoy your idea, just not the application you give to it. I think maybe something more hero based could be used, we could even go as far as having a Arena where people challenge each other with stakes, so you lose/win something. and then go to the different game modes.

Even an Etherian Chess Game mode would be fun if done right, just like many others.

i just want something more then oppresing goblins >:3  while i do want to see a pet breeding system lol :p just seeing if anyone else likes the idea :D