Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 16

Have a question for us? Ask us in this thread, and we'll answer them in our next Devstream on Friday, April 17 at 5PM EDT!

Please only ask two questions per person.

1. I've taken it upon myself to become a lore junkie and post threads about some stories I've created on the general discussion forum. How long; exactly is the story in length and how far away is it from being revealed even if it's a non-spoiler unveiling.. as it's the only Influence vote not to be delivered since the influence poll was created and finished many months ago.

What were you intentions behind the max chars you can create? I dont see a negative that you increase the char limit or remove it completly. When we can create more chars we got some more stuff to do that means you can create like 50h more gameplay. You can create non meta builds and equips like a def hp focused knight/mage as waller or aktually use the abilitypower items. All these are options but dont we use them use them? Because making a tower knight/mage and 1-2 monks is essential you cant play the game without these and when you buff the huntress towers she may be addet to the list too, thats means you allready use 5/6 slots and the last spot is 8/10 times a dps char that will prob be a huntress mage or knight. It makes no sense to limit the amount of chars you can create it just makes the game less fun and the build less interesting. When you could aktually use the wallers maybe the turtles build wouldnt be used as much and you could aktually use some different builds. 

Pls Trendy 

- will trap range increase and aura range increase be getting a buff/fix in order to make it a more desirable stat?

- Who is your favorite hero(in game)?

Besides a spec node changing how our hero abilities work, would if be possible if some of the pets infuse hero abilities with their elemental type?

Like for example in the stream there were various types of dragons shown, there was a fire dragon in particular, could that dragon infuse the squire´s sword beam with fire damage. so when the sword beam hits enemies they take fire damage over the time or some sort of added effect?

hi there,

- will there be a multi-translate in languages again ?

- will there come out maps for more players like DD1 ? 1-8 or more? would be fun :D

oh yea when will u guys release the costumes and for those ppl that payed a bit more for the game?

Xen

Hi !

My questions are about trading and player to player transactions.

How many patches away are your best guesses when trading between players might be added ?

If / When this happens can we expect afk player shops like dd1 ?  Or perhaps a full broker/auction house system like other MMO's ? And if a choice between the type of shop has been decided what are the driving ideas behind them ?

Thanks !

Hey, the game on PS4 version needs to be just like the PC version, please don't just create the game and update things for PC and not Ps4... 

- When are you announcing the release date? 

Are there any ideas about adding consumables like potions and such for Dungeon Defenders 2? If so, and you can share, what are the ideas thrown around the studio? I think nobody would mind getting a free beer consumable from the tavern keeper every now and then with side effects :D

Question 1:

Do the different  genus of pets. (  dragons) have different stat strengths depending on how rare they are? example blue dragon having okay stats, but shenron dragons have amazing stats. Also i just wanted to say that i think the Creeper pets look the best i hope they have tower stats/ have a higher rarity then other pets

Question 2:

Since the incubation time is 8 hours and the rot timer is 48 hours then if i farm and get 10 eggs within 8 hours then that means that at least 4 of my 10 eggs will rot since if i come on every 8 hours on the dot for 48 hours i will only get to hatch 6 maybe 7 pets and the other ones that i didn't have time to hatch will rot?

About question 2, i dont know how rare they are going to be, so it is possible i might get less than 6 pets in 8 hours, in which case i wont have to worry about the rot timer. But sooner or later the new Mercenary onslaught match will come out and i will be getting a pet egg every 5 waves from a chest, meaning i could get 40-50+ eggs in that 8 hours depending on how fast my group is. if that is the case i would lose all but 6 maybe 7 of my eggs due to rot.

@Kagetane Hiruko quote:

Question 1:

Do the different  genus of pets. (  dragons) have different stat strengths depending on how rare they are? example blue dragon having okay stats, but shenron dragons have amazing stats.

Also i just wanted to say that i think the Creeper pets look the best i hope they have tower stats/ have a higher rarity then other pets

Answer:

The types of a pet is only cosmetical, which is also why you can put a premium skin on them. There will be stat and abiility rerolling items for pets also.

@WhaleFish Snarl quote:

Hi !

My questions are about trading and player to player transactions.

How many patches away are your best guesses when trading between players might be added ?

If / When this happens can we expect afk player shops like dd1 ?  Or perhaps a full broker/auction house system like other MMO's ? And if a choice between the type of shop has been decided what are the driving ideas behind them ?

Thanks !

Trading will be one of the latest thing they add (was said multiple months ago), since this will limit possible exploits and wipes. Having to wipe certain accounts is better than wiping EVERYONE afterall, right? 

Currently they havent come to a conclusion / wont talk about chosen shop type. You should go to the suggestion forum and get your ideas through there, why you are for one type and opposed to the other. Remember, the devs listens to us ;)

@gnollmar quote:

@Kagetane Hiruko quote:

Question 1:

Do the different  genus of pets. (  dragons) have different stat strengths depending on how rare they are? example blue dragon having okay stats, but shenron dragons have amazing stats.

Also i just wanted to say that i think the Creeper pets look the best i hope they have tower stats/ have a higher rarity then other pets

Answer:

The types of a pet is only cosmetical, which is also why you can put a premium skin on them. There will be stat and abiility rerolling items for pets also.

i am sure that will most likely be the case but i figured i would use one of my two questions to ask, untill i think of something else to ask

I'm looking at this picture everyday at the forums, and need to know. Why did you put 2 pictures together in to one?

Forum backround:

In game picture of the gate:

In game picture of the bench:

[[66527,users]]? ^ 

And also, can you add a Muffin Pet? ♥

Since Spec nodes are being replaced, how will players be able to achieve a similar result with the new mechanics coming out. For instance a Huntress who wants to still be able to shoot from afar and deal ridiculous damage. around 140% more.

Wait... You guys skipped over my question from Devstream 14. Was i Right?? It wasn't mentioned that the questions are limited!

The fact that the polearm has features of prehistoric times on it. Or a mix of mystical features. I want to guess something about Betsy

Is betsy an NPC that has to do with Arcane magic and etc?? Like a witch doctor.

Will pets target who you shoot or what is in range??

A train leaves Denver at 12:00 am, averaging 60 mph.
Another train headed in the opposite direction leaves Denver at 1:00 am, averaging 70 mph.
To the nearest mile, how far are the two trains from each other at 3:00 am?

@Professor_Valconian quote:

A train leaves Denver at 12:00 am, averaging 60 mph.
Another train headed in the opposite direction leaves Denver at 1:00 am, averaging 70 mph.
To the nearest mile, how far are the two trains from each other at 3:00 am?

40miles >.>

Are you going to warn us before removing collectors edition? I'm buying it closer to the release so it would be nice to get a warning so I won't miss it.

After this patch comes out, if your intentions are not to tell anything about the time when the future patches come out, please do not tell us "few weeks" at some point if you are not going to keep it. It's 5-6 weeks since you said on a devstream that the patch is coming in few weeks. *Adds a question mark* ? <- now it's a question.

Did you tell us the "few weeks" just to get rid of the endless questions about the date? Or were you actually planning to get it out in few weeks back then.

and 1 more thing, as columbo would say.

Can you add an exclusive Rainbow Dash pet skin just for me so no one else can have it! I'd pay 100euros for it. Copyright issues may be a problem but if we dont tell anyone *-* >:3

1. Are all pets going to have the same number of evolutions?  If not, are all pets guaranteed to have at least one evolved form?
  2. Are there going to be special evolution criteria where a single pet could evolve multiple ways based on how you raised it (i.e. like Eevee of Pokemon)?

What happens in an influence vote ends as a tie? Do we get both? [[3178,hashtags]]

How do you personally feel about the results of the latest influence vote?

Being a developer that works so closely with their community already, have you considered trying to do something like Path of Exile did : player created unique items? I realize the community is already a big part of how the game is developing, but perhaps there are players who would like to create their own unique legendary weapon or map and would be willing to support trendy with a large contribution to see their personal vision in game. I'm not sure how large a contribution needs to be to make it worth the time and effort that goes into balancing and designing, this is just another funding /content creation idea to think about.

@FrogKeeper quote:

Will there be presets for specs, so we can just save our current specs as a preset and change between presets in game?

I think the answer is yes because they had on the powerpoint plan those tabs, so most likely there will be an option to save a preset right from the beginning. They may correct this on devstream if I'm wrong :)