Sign in to follow this  
^Captain_Tibbles^

Transmog Items!

basically the ability to change the appearance of a weapon or item but keep the the items stats. Some limitations should be put on this feature, something like you can only change the appearance of an item to that of a weapon or item you have found or bought and cannot change the appearance to that of a unique item. I believe this will help immensely with player customisation, but may reduce the variety of items seen on players to a large degree.    

The game seems to be going for a costume system instead, where you equip on different slots what you want to be shown, however for the weapons i dunno, it was previously suggested that the weapons would also have a weapon costume that would change the appearance of the weapon, but that would come in the way of the weapons having their unique look and qualities, since they intend to implement more weapon variety like in DD1 such as different projectiles. 

But i think that customization is a good thing to bet on, i'd definitely pay some money for my huntress to shoot Kobolds.