Sign in to follow this  
Lusitainia

Aura Radius stat?

I got a relic that gives 0.21 increase in aura radius and I can not find any data on if it actually makes a difference. 

I have put it on and off, even changing monks to one without the bonus and can find no difference at all.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me for sure if it is unnoticeable or does not work.

@Lusitainia quote:

I got a relic that gives 0.21 increase in aura radius and I can not find any data on if it actually makes a difference. 

I have put it on and off, even changing monks to one without the bonus and can find no difference at all.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me for sure if it is unnoticeable or does not work.

well I can say it works but wasn't really noticeable for me. I had to inspect the aura and actually look at the numbers to determine it was working.

Unfortunately event in the inspection there is no change in the "range" number, or any other number to indicate it changes anything. 

I already reported that issue many times.

Trap radius increase is also negilible, but at least you can see something is changing.

IMHO it should just be made on pair with App / Squire tower range bonus.

@Lusitainia quote:

Unfortunately event in the inspection there is no change in the "range" number, or any other number to indicate it changes anything. 

my bad, I had a trap radius item on my huntress that adds a negligible increase.

If you can, you should get some screenshots and fill a bug report about it (and maybe share on this thread too!) snowman2.pngsquire_small.png

Running 2 monks makes the showing a little easier, as my "Boost" monk is geared for boosts and nothing else and my LA (Lightning Aura) monk is geared for just the LAs. The boost monk also has better Serenity auras so all stats are different without changing anything. 

The boost monk has ZERO items that give bonus aura radius (for now at least), and as such I am showing as a comparison (as I did when looking for a difference)

Took screenshots of the relic stats, set of each aura together, and of each aura the "increased radius" then the non-"increased" one.

http://imgur.com/a/wrYRC#9

I was thinking about it... because the stat simply says .21 rather than .21% that could be the reason it doesn't show anything in the numbers. So in all honesty it might actually be working but because its such a low number the the actual radius doesn't change i.e. 550.21 will still show 550. The other special stats actually says increases by x%. So even with it being made into a % increase the amount would still be a wasted stat.

But the logic there would be why would they put in the stat at all if they know that it would literally do nothing for all of the current content it starts to appear in (since some things don't start showing on early levels at all and you don't find exp on lv 25 gear) and for many levels after. Why wouldn't you just keep the stat for aura radius in the code but not have it show up on any gear until the gear's level would allow the bonus to do ANYTHING.

I am just honestly looking for just a slight oversight. Somewhere down the line of designing the ALL the stats going to the person putting in what level they start appearing at, it was overlooked when that one should start to appear. 

@Lusitainia quote:

I am just honestly looking for just a slight oversight. Somewhere down the line of designing the ALL the stats going to the person putting in what level they start appearing at, it was overlooked when that one should start to appear. 

as I said in my previous post. Just looking at the actual stat, a person could assume that it is in fact working. Reason being is that the number doesn't increase the range by atleast 1. Even at max tier +0.21 would be 0.21. Had this been a percentage based stat a player would see a slight difference that increases in the range as players increased their defenses tier.

I don't think this was done on purpose and was probably an oversight seeing as in its current form it literally does nothing but take up a secondary stat space.

@keona quote:

as I said in my previous post. Just looking at the actual stat, a person could assume that it is in fact working. Reason being is that the number is so low that it wouldn't round up. Even at max tier +0.21 would be 0.21. Had this been a percentage based stat a player would see a slight difference that increases in the range as players increased their defenses tier.

I don't think this was done on purpose and was probably an oversight seeing as in its current form it literally does nothing but take up a secondary stat space.

Wait, its plus .21 and not times .21? Well no wonder it does absolutely nothing lol

well that's just my assumption. since the other relics that offer increased range all say x.xx% except monk which is x.xx

just looking at the math it does make sense.

lightning aura                   0.21                                   0.21%                      

T1 range: 550               550+0,21 = 550.21 = 550            550x1.0021% = 551.55 = 551

T5 range: 770               770+0.21 = 770.21 = 770            770x1.0021% = 771.617 = 771

edit: oh and numbers aren't rounded up so even if the range was 550.80 it would show as 550

on that note. Even if it were multiplicative a whopping range increase of 1 is still a joke.

The point still stands that the stat is almost a detriment as you could get something useful instead of it as there is no point thus far that its effect is even minuscule. I is quite literally right now just a "You get nothing in this stat slot" bonus.

I would equate .21 to 21%, and 21% increase radius is a pretty big deal.

yeah 21% would be a huge deal, but if it were anything else i.e. 2.1% or 0.21% the gains would be very minimal and I doubt would be highly sought after.

edit: I really do hope 0.21 was actually meant to be 21% but considering traps got like 1.xx%. I really can't be sure that's what their intentions were with this stat. *crosses fingers for 21%*

ATM I find the state useless, like how the Lightning aura attack rate one didn't work till recently.  So hopefully it gets fixed soon :D

@Trendy Brett quote:

Aura Radius and Trap Radius special stats are currently bugged and not functioning as intended. We hope to have them corrected in the near future.

Thanks for the amazing Reply Brett!

Oh that's great to hear.

As it was, I was about to suggest getting rid of the stat altogether as it was so miniscule it didn't matter at all! lol

Hope when it is fixed, that it actually is a noticeable improvement!