Questions for Devstream 15

Have a question for us? Ask us in this thread, and we'll answer them in our next Devstream on Friday, April 10 at 5PM EDT!

Please only ask two questions per person!

Are there any contest/activities planed for the near future that could possibly trigger more activity and dedication from people into certain aspects? I miss the caption contests! 

Will players be able to customize their appearance without spending real money?

(e.g. dropped/looted cosmetic items, or color sliders)

Will there be weapon skins?

I would like to see the squire swinging around a giant banana, or carrot. up 2 u guys. ;)

Does anyone on the team play Path of Exile? The crafting system seems like it was inspired a little from it. 

Are there plans to do more with the quest system, such as greater rewards or more than one quest a day?

Is there a possibility of seeing quality of life purchases in the micro-transaction shop, mainly bags? 

Sorry if these have already been covered. I've been a bit out of the loop.

Good day Trendy, I have sent a trouble ticket with no reply, I would like to know why when my friends come over and play DD2 with me they time out after ever game all of them. I am thinking it is a port issues. Yet when I look for port information I can’t find anything or is it some other issue?

We right click on the game in your our Steam Library and select PROPERTIES.
we click on the LOCAL FILES tab, and click on the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE button, it does it thing and we still have the same problem.

Enhancer vs. Crafter
Are you guys going to let us customize our items with the highest possibilities for Crafter or will the outcome of crafting certain items together be preset,  be completely random, or have a limit to what can be added; hopefully not replaced.
If i wanted to make a high damaging Defense Speed Bow gain elemental damage.

Later down the line will things like multishot be specs or special stats on items, and if so could they also be special stats so that Crafter can gain even more love??

How are the chances of having more interactions with tavern NPCs in the future? Like eg a NPC which gives us several tutorial-options to choose from and repeats the tutorial for us. (or maybe quotes the DD2 wiki...this could be very convenient)

1. Is there any plans to increase the regularity in which patches come out? Patch referring to no new content added per say but just squishing of the bugs that are reported/found. While new content is great and it keeps the user base excited, when there's still some game effecting bugs out there it dampens the fun.

1.  Exactly how many other games do you guys get to play? I understand DD2 is what your occupation is, regardless of whether you're passionate or not. Getting to the point; do you guys often give yourselves a break to do other things? Or is this project full-on hectic to the point you have only 5 minutes to watch a show you would like to watch, or play a game you'd like to play in over a 3 weeks period. Don't burn yourselves out, because if you lose touch.. then the project may astray.

2.  What influenced you as a team to revamp the Spec Node system? Why such a drastic turn from point investment to now slots that you equip. Is this inspired by League of Legends? It also seems to tie in with Diablo 3 / Path of Exiles; and wondering whether we'll see anymore take-risk actions from Trendy for foundation patches in the future, as it's healthy being a developer to play other games and take what you like as a group to implement them into your project if it's suitable.

- will increased trap radius % (special stat) and increase aura radius (special stat) get buffed in a future patch.

on a T5 explosive trap a 1.27% increase in radius add 9 yards. For monks its even worst because their special stat doesn't even add x% it's a flat rate. Although unless aura radius increase receives a buff, simply changing it from additive(0.21) to being multiplicative(0.21%) wouldn't do anything in terms of increasing its usefulness to players.

edit: I used 0.21 as an example based on a monk trinket found by another player.

Will there be synergy between pets and hero classes?

Also any chance that in the future you might implement a system that rewards players for helping out newer ones by giving them the ability to coach newer players? Perhaps a newbie chat with a couple of people answering questions would be a nice start.

@sirozan quote:

Can you already estimate when the ps4 version will be available?

Mentioned many times, at some point this year, when exactly? They don't want to compromise by giving an inaccurate date that they would change, so they rather not give something that isn't true.

Personally I dont like estimates, I know game developers do it sometimes, but it´s a mistake since a lot of things can go wrong during the development of a game.

What were you intentions behind the max chars you can create? I dont see a negative side when you increase the char limit or remove it completly. When we can create more chars we got some more stuff to do that means you can create like 50h more gameplay when you create like a def hp focused knight/mage as waller or aktually use the abilitypower items and build a ap char. All these are options but why use them?? Making a tower knight/mage and 1-2 monks is essential you cant play the game without these and when you buff the huntress towers she may be addet to the list too, thats means you allready use 5/6 slots and the last spot is 8/10 times a dps char that will prob be a huntress mage or knight. It makes no sense to limit the amount of chars you can create it just makes the game less fun and the build less interesting. When you could aktually use the wallers maybe the turtles build wouldnt be used as much and you could aktually use some different builds. 

Pls Trendy 

1. What are you thoughts on the timeline of introducing new characters?  Are you holding off until some other systems are finalized or the current heroes are better balanced?
  2. What is your most ambitious idea you'd like to add to DD2 (knowing it may not happen for a number of reasons)?  Another way of asking this, if you had infinite resources and could magically get it added to the game in an hour, what would you add?

So, there are a lot of concerns circulating around the Enhancer vs. Crafter initiative going on right now. Namely, that the implementation of a crafting system is going to shorten the longevity of the game--by making it easy to aquire gear with the right stats--or turn the game into something like Path of Exile, where it takes hundreds of hours and thousands of items to craft the best gear.

Can you shed some light on this?

Will there ever be the opportunity to skin items so their stats stay the same but their looks matches a different item (similar to WoW's transmutation system)

In DD1, the PC and Console versions were very different... In DD2 will the game be the same for PS4 and PC? Also when will you be announcing the PS4 release date, soon?

Third week in the row maybe it wont be skipped this time.....

These are for the about the PS4 Version.

- Since a beta has been confirmed, how will people be chosen for the beta? 

- Will current councilors be offered to participate, or will it be like early access and you can pay to be in it?

@mordyo quote:

Third week in the row maybe it wont be skipped this time.....

These are for the about the PS4 Version.

- Since a beta has been confirmed, how will people be chosen for the beta? 

- Will current councilors be offered to participate, or will it be like early access and you can pay to be in it?

They didn't skip this last time.  35:45