Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Suggest a Sphere!

Double edged sword
deals fixed amount of damage at cost of player's hp 

On the edge
Gives guaranteed crit on strikes at cost of player's hp (example:1 strike at cost of 5% MAX hp)
Hp can't go below 10% and any strike after that will not crit at all.
I think these passives will make healing auras and 4th ability more meaningful.

Huntress - Uber 

Opportunistic Hunter - Your poison dart launcher now has stealth. It becomes visible for 2 seconds after shooting, then goes invisible again.

Why? - I feel like the optimal spots for this launcher puts it in the most vulnerable places. Using this will allow it to get lots of DoTs off with a smaller risk of dying.

Huntress: A way to increase shots per second PLEASE!!! But don't make it random or for a set time. Make it a PASSIVE effect or DON'T make it at all.

Class: Squire

Attack Name: Damn Son'

Description: When in a Pinch, the squire is able to remove his boxershorts, with a last desperate attempt in gaining the advantage. All mobs within the surrounding area receive a "Damn Son" stun-like, debuff as they admire his grandeur and confidence.

During this stage of the combo, the Squire's main attack changes to a long range one as he brandishes his boxershorts as a sling shot, picking off enemies as he launches items the player has in his/her inventory.

Huntress Skill Spheres

Small: (Side-grades that are interesting, as opposed to minor basic numerical buffs.)

Split Nock - Reduce hero basic attack damage output by 50%, but each attack fires two shots.

Bouncing Arrow - Hitting with a charged attack will cause the arrow to bounce between multiple nearby enemies, depending on how long the charge was held. Removes the knockback from the normal charged shot.

Bouncing Betty - Explosive Trap does only 20% damage, spread out over fives hits in moderate succession.

Medium: (Distinct upgrades, but weighed against stat upgrades.)

Miasma - The poison DoT from the Poison Dart Tower spreads to other enemies in close proximity, though the tower does no direct damage on hit.

Trick Shot - Charged arrows deal less damage, but the longer it is charged up, the more arrows are fired in a narrow cone spread.

Big ol' Bomb - Concussion bomb no longer fires a carpet bombing style string of attacks, but is instead aimed like the oil grenade. It places a bomb with a three second fuse, dealing massive damage and stunning, or bonus damage against crowd-control immune enemies.

Large: (Distinct advantages)

Tar Balloon - Fire Balloon no longer drops fire on enemies, but instead gives them the good ol' oil effect.

Flak Arrow - Hitting airborne targets with hero attacks deals bonus damage in a small AoE.

Free Bird - Piercing Arrow deals X% less damage, but makes a return trip after hitting terrain or maximum range.

MANA-MAGNET

everyone knows the problem if mana dropped out of the world or is not reachable for your character. adding a mana-magnet to the game would wipe out this problem. by eg. pressing the SHIFT button you activate the magnet and pull mana towards your character. in most cases there is not a long distance of pulling needed, so the magnet range does not need to be huge.

Oh, I made a separate thread for my suggestion, didn't know über spheres were referred to as a 'spec'. Anyway, here goes nothing.

(Huntress Über)

Artillery Tower: The Poison Dart Tower no longer fires poison darts in front of it but instead launches multiple smaller rockets in an area which deals physical damage upon impact.

(here's an image as reference)

GGYdicV.png

The Pure Strategy Spec: An Uber that would allow for increased DU and Mana droppage, but no hero interaction is permitted, not even building midwave. Would require a vote to use in pub games, and leader to use in private games. Also removes effects of other players' ubers. Lastly it would increase droprate for builder based items while either decreasing droprate of dps based items or making them more valuable.

Squire Large - Take It Back

Training Dummy has a chance to throw projectile back to the attacker. Chance increasing with spinning speed.

Squire Uber - Heavy Bolts

Ballista lose piercing ability, but has near 20% increased damage and knockback. If enemy can't be knocked, it will be slowed instead (or take additional damage).

Huntress Uber - Poison Vines

Replaces Dart Tower with Poison Vines. Huntress place giant poisonous vines on the ground. Vines slow and apply poison on enemies, that walk over them. (I guess it will be more like aura, then a trap)

Huntress Large - Stunning Explosions

Exploison trap has a chance to stun enemies for a short duration.

Huntress Uber - Cryo-baloons

Replace Blazing Baloons with Cryo-baloons. While triggered, cryo-baloon deals damage (about 1/3 of full burning damage) and chills enemies. If baloon scores crit, enemies will be freezed instead. Victory Smell stat will increase duration (or effectivness) of chill.

This Uber actually for def crit builds.

Monk uber for boost tower or serenity for increasing tower speed. This way towers can get small speed boost without needing speed spec on gear. 

Monk Uber: Every Critcical-Hit of the Skyguardtower has a chance to trigger 'Shockwave'.

Shockwave: The Skyguardtower starts to spin rapidly and after a few sec releases a big (most likely green) circular shockwave that deals damage to every airborn target it passes. This attack can not crit and every normal attack the tower would fire while spinning to charge up is canceled. (The shockwave could be made global or with the normal tower radius)

Huntress Uber: The Blazebaloon turns the ground below it into 'Tainted Soil'

Tainted Soil: Removes all resistances from the enemies standing on it making them more vulnerable from every damage source. After a while the ground returns to normal and the Blazebaloon enters a cooldown period.

Apprentice Uber: The Earthshattertower casts its magic directly forward instead of down into the ground. The Earth splits in a line from the Tower outwards, damages and divides the enemies it comes across. While the Impact isnt as big as the default Tower you get more AoE out of it.

Tower Sphere Spec and Armor Character spec and passives

(Note: Not lv50 yet, if it really does change EndGame that much, please reply and mention your feedback on my idea)

Hey there, I want to share my idea of how spheres should work. I have been playing DD2 recently and the only thing that bothers me is the constant same builds over and over. Each map feels like it is the same battle just a different look. So to start things off I will start of with the less important things that will work with the entire change I would like to see.

Armor: (check Extra Content After Post section )

Armor main stats and effects are not that far from perfect (my point of view, please trolls...shhhhh) the only changes I would like to see there are that armor effects should be more categorized and also armor type based. If it is easier to find and really help to build the character more different,  each character will feel special in it's own way. This will help to remove the character based spheres as armor will replace this system.

Towers:

Here comes the big changes. I would like to see each tower have it's own individual sphere slots. One of each, small, medium, large and uber(Picture:Basic Concept). This will help building each tower on it's own way and make the play style of each character so different(Picture:Leveling Up Spec). Yes I know there will be a lot of broken builds then but sure you can balance some spheres not to be available for each tower or soft and hard capping some.If each tower changes in play style it will make each battle and group experience so much more fun and defense builds experimentation way more interesting. Last but not least Ubers should make a huge change to towers. I feel like Ubers at the moment focusing on one change doesn't feel that special. It forces you to play in that one specific play style that suites the uber rather than a uber suiting your play style.(See Uber Sphere Madness in the picture to get an idea)

Thanks for reading and give your opinions on my idea and maybe add some more that I have missed. (Might add more changes later)

Extra Content Added After Post:

More Armor Ideas:

New Patch: Nice to see that the legendaries  do have good changes to towers and abilities

After some suggestions, I learned how this will break some new changes made, like the Squire passives and such removing the spheres from the character. Haven't had chance to think of anything good yet, except having character sphere Spec and tower sphere spec. Keep the current look for Character spheres and then this Tower sphere system for the Towers.

Legendary Weapons should be more special, altering some character abilities or even add new weapon ability slot to use.

Examples:

1.EarthShaker(Shield Legendary):Seismic Slam now goes out in a cone and pushes enemies back rather than stun them

2.For Etheria!(Sword Legendary): Add new ability. Squire spins for two seconds hitting all enemies from around him for 100% more Physical Damage

SinglePlayer and Character Experience

One of the things that did bother me is when leveling up characters you can only gain experience for the active one at the moment. But to do some serious damage and good defense you needed to combo. A few examples will be WALL(you needs them), Water Trap + Electric Aura, KnockUp + SkyGaurd. With the new Uber Mechanic you can build combo builds on one character. Here is an Idea:

1.Replacing Boost Aura with Slow Aura will make your Lightinng Aura deal more damage over time as they move slowly over it.(keep in mind should not be to strong to replace walls just be effective. Same can be said for other combos)

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/tFEHCpn.png

tFEHCpn.png

Sorry if some of these have been mentioned, I have not read completely through and these are just various thoughts that pop up in my head btw this is a long read sorry for any typos

Target Practice (Squire): Could be whatever size but would probably never be a medium/small sphere The training dummy now has a chance to reflect any ranged attack back at the attacker Chance to reflect: 20% or somethin make it worth the money Reflect Damage: maybe a 1-1.3x multiplier of the projectiles damage?

Molten Quakes: Probably a large or Uber sphere The Apprentices Earthshatter tower now no longer causes a pillar to erupt at the targets feet, however a pool of magma/lava erupts at the target and along the cracks doing X/Y% magical fire damage to all enemies trapped within the inferno, but at the cost of range so maybe a 30% reduction to range for a greater attack power and duration of damage, turning the tower from a long range sniper into a AOE damage tower good for hoards 

Ice Machine: Uber no doubt about this one At the cost of range the Apprentices Ice Tower now shoots small blocks of Ice at the targets, each individual Ice cube has a chance to freeze (Low like 5% or something) but the tower's reload is shorter and the AOE on the beam is much smaller 

Mechanic: Uber because this is already rather broken but would put a twist on people that use the Monk's healing aura/boost aura Because of how massive this would be it would be decided between the Tower Boost aura and the healing aura but the basic jist of this little orb is to act like Troll's blood but for Towers, changing the damage buff and reduction of the tower boost would be a good way to combat this, but some people are fond of using the healing aura (at least they were in the first game lol) anyways Every 6-7 seconds all towers afflicted by this are healed by 1-3%, however the Aura degrades much faster and doesn't upgrade very well making a decent trade off

Cluster Bomb: Uber Change the Huntress's ark shot into a point and click ability much like her pot of oil, at which point she shoots a satchel charge at the target location which then explodes after a short duration doing the Full damage of the previous but in a much smaller area, essentially making her previous ark shot a bit more accurate then what it currently is

Mana Spikes: Uber  The Apprentices mana blockades now instead of blowing up and doing AOE damage while knocking back enemies near them shoot piercing spikes in a small area in front of them, doing reduced damage but firing more often the the current mana blockade

Forceful Wind: Probably Uber could be large if a percent rate is added to it instead of constant Basically a direct upgrade for the Monk's aura wind ( I'm sorry I forgot the name haven't played my monk in a while) The winds now push back enemies further and cripple their advance for a short time slowing them by however much ( or increasing it if the current one does that)

Oil Bath: Uber The huntresses geyser traps no longer knock up mobs, but now apply oil to them, causing them to be heavily slowed on a decrease so at the beginning they are slowed for 60% that gradually decreases back to their normal walking speed, removing the Water/Lightning connection and adding a way for her piercing arrow to ignite other then through her oil can

Soothing Rains: Uber The monk's serenity aura now causes rain to fall/become imbued in whoever it heals for 10 seconds causing all attacks from the said person to drench the target, allowing for the monk to use his Lightning/Water combo a bit more, if making the attacks drench would be to powerful then maybe make it so the aura will spawn a small storm around whoever is afflicted by it, causing them to heal not only while in it but for a short time while exiting, also any mob trapped by the rainstorm on said hero becomes drenched by the rains

Hurricane Uber Changes the Apprentices tornado into a raging storm, instead of firing out his tornado he can now choose a location where the storm rages, causing magical lightning damage, slowing foes, and drenching them, with a small chance for a tornado to rage through pushing foes back to back to the front of the storm Tornado spawn chance: Maybe like 20% or something I dunno I'm bad with numbers on these sorta things

Arcane Barrage: Uber Changes the Apprentices arcane missile into a stand and channel ability where he fires multiple shots that are like his alternate fire, basically strong shots that you can stop and channel that continually fire your alt fire, however the shots are drastically reduced damage (like 20% or something I dunno) and do not mark enemies, the longer you fire this ability the higher the mana cost, meaning you can sink all 250 mana into a boss or use short bursts for different areas 

Void Bomb: Uber  Remove the damage reduction when charging the mana bomb but allow for it to be fired from a distance now, the shot does not trace and upon collision with whatever it manages to hit the projectile sucks in all nearby mobs, then after a short delay causes a massive explosion

Paint Ball Machine: Uber The Huntresses poison dart tower no longer fires DoT shots but now fires small balls of paint that temporarily blind what they hit, with a severe damage reduction and a longer reload this sphere would be there mostly has a gag but would have its perks Blinds could be anywhere from 0.5-2 seconds on bosses, to 1.5-3 seconds on normal mobs

Beam Sword Yes I realize this would be a direct LoZ reference but there's already a few and it would be an Uber Sphere When the Squire is at full health he fires his beam sword , has long has he is within 100/150 of his max health fire reduced damage beams at the cost of an increase to the normal beam swords mana cost and cooldown, Mana cost increase: 5-15% Cooldown Increase: 5-10% Beams fired when at full health damage -10-20% of max, this is mostly to help with the pesky wyverns but would be a fun sphere to mess with for those people who truly grind for every item

Medusa's Crest: Uber At the cost of some damage reduction on raising his shield which has been branded by Medusa, any creature that looks upon, and even harms it can be turned to stone, although temporarily, the crest still inflicts fear in mobs causing them to slow their advance however small it may be. Now this one could be a drop from a boss of maybe from onslaught because in general this would be really powerful but would add a new interaction, Stone and magical earth damage, enemies that have been turned to stone are frozen completely solid and take reduced damage from all sources but magical earth damage, which has a massive damage increase on the statues

Cryophoenix: Uber Changes the huntresses piercing shot to freeze enemies instead of burning them, now doing magical Ice damage, slowing, and having a small chance to freeze any enemies it comes into contact with

Silver Arrows: Uber or maybe a large for the huntress or something If geared towards the squire would change all Ballista towers to shoot silver arrows, much better at piercing and banishing the undead these arrows would do increased damage and have a better pierce ratio at the cost of attack speed, if Geared towards the Huntress would add a very small pierce ratio at the cost of attack speed much like the squires 

Arc Lightning: Uber Changes the apprentices alt fire from a piercing bolt to a shot that bounces across enemies much like the lightning bugs

This is all I could really think of for now, ill probably post some more eventually, like I said sorry for any typos I may have missed

Only 1 idea...but it's too deep in my head.
(MUST.....TELL....PEOPLE....ABOUT IT!!!!)
Lighting-Chain uber(Mage): transform your frost tower into light-chaing.Hits enemy,then light jump to nearby one and deal little less damage.(% of damage reduced with next targets same as ballist's)
(When it hits first target - it search nearby one to attack in chain range(500-1000 i think))
Scaling DP:Same as on ballists.
Range: Same as ballists.
(It's just ballista analogue with mage damage,good enough against air and earth both.)
So.i think damage reducing will countervail thing with finding targets(it will hit more targets,then piercing usualy do,so we'll just reduce it....and also this tower is more easy to aim then harpoon (at least now.)
So...should be ok ^^
http://savepic.su/6081866.png
Sorry for my english =\
And for painting too(

Huntress:

poison blockades, improve poison dart towers HP scaling and reduce range, letting it funtion as an offensive blockade (could also be reskinned to look like a poisonous hedge or something)

tripwires, traps have an elongated rectangle trigger area with reshaped explosion area (less effective against hordes of enemies, but more reliable against single enemies/wide lanes)

tidal wave, geyser trap now pushes enemies back (with a wave animation) instead of lifting (could push back to spawner or off cliffs depending on trap orientation)

Squire:

dual wielding, allows you to equip shield in mainhand , lets you roll around droideka style (not really much benefit for loss, and equipping could be a hassle... but double shields)

Apprentice:

quake, earthshatter tower deals damage along a large (fairly wide) line instead of a cirlcular aoe

magnetic reflect, towers in earthshatter towers area of effect gain a short duration ranged immunity when the earthshatter tower attacks

General:

damaging falls, enemies knocked up deal damage around themselves (to other nearby enemies) when they land (scaling off defence power or ability power?)

Elemental Training Dummy:

The Squire's weapon (Legendary Sword) gains a random passive that converts Training Dummy into Spinning Flaming Blades, Earth Damage Blades, Frosty Blades, Poison Blades, or Electrified Blades.

The main stat would be Defense Crit Chance.

We would also gain  Large Sphere's that increase Training Dummy's health by 25%.

These towers would gain special abilities if combined with Hero Towers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Flaming Blades have a chance to Ignite. (Already on fire enemies would blow up.)
  • Frosty Blades have a chance to Freeze. (Frostbite slowed Enemies would freeze and shatter)
  • Earth Damage have a chance to Knockback. (Earth Shatter Tower would stun these knocked back enemies)
  • Poison Blades add a DoT to enemies. (Already Poisoned Enemies add a special DoT)
  • Electrified Blades have a chance to Electrocute if combined with Geyser.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally, creatures should only do melee damage to Training Dummy.

As my first community interaction, I'd like to suggest the following:

APPRENTICE

Earth, Wind, & Pyre. The Tornado has reduced (or NO) knock-up effects but ROOTs enemies for 2 seconds & Deals Magical Earth Damage. Deals FIRE & BURN damage to Marked Enemies.

Bloodlust Volley. Arcane Volley gains LIFESTEAL & BLEEDING effects on hit.  All nearby Heroes recover Health = % damage dealt to Marked ENEMIES. [The Healing and Bleeding effects are connected, lasting only 3 seconds. ]

Muddy Waters Earth Shatter Towers deals reduced damage but SLOWS enemy on hit. Secondary & Tertiary hits on SLOWED enemies generate SLOW area around it. [Think of it as loosening the earth beneath into quicksand effects]

HUNTRESS

Peace Doves. Piercing Shot does reduced Magical Fire Damage BUT enemies hit deal reduced damage = %% of Hero Power for 3 seconds. [Almost like a damage debuff OR a disarm]

Rank & Riot: Enemies coated by Oil Flask are affected by PROVOKE and TARGET the largest minion among them for 3 seconds. Otherwise, attacks each other.
Scoville Burps: Concussion Shot deals reduced physical damage and no STUN. Enemies instead suffer KNOCKBACK effects, each time release small area % Magical Fire Damage =  Hero Health. Effects last for 3 seconds. [Think Ghost Peppers Burping Fireballs and getting knocked back.]

MONK

Call Lightning. Enemies caught in Pole Smash Effect while within Lightning Aura suffer additional Magical Storm Damage (% of Defense Health) for 3 secs.

VFT (Venus Fly Trap): Enemies caught in Pole Smash Effect while within Serenity Aura are ROOTED and suffer POISON Damage (% = Defense Health) for 3 secs. 

MAGIC TOUCH: Chi Blasts can also damage (no knockback) Defense Towers but doing so increases DEFENSE ATTACK SPEED = % Heroes Health for 5 secs.

Squire

TLDR (Too Lazy Didn't Regen). Heroes hit by Sword Beam is Healed % of Hero Damage.

Extended Warrant. Training Dummies caught within Seismic Slam will deal small % physical damage in small area. [Think of it releasing its swords in all directions.] Can be triggered by Earth Shatter Tower hit.

Rallying Cry. Provoke now boosts nearby Heroes with Bonus to Hero Damage.

I really like Muddy Waters, Peace Dove, Call Lightning, Extended Warrant, and Rallying Cry.  They all seem interesting and worth using, but are balanceable.