Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Suggest a Sphere!

@Hazorhellz quote:

Not sure if it should be a uber or not but I like the idea of the Training Dummy shooting out daggers of poison or causing bleeds so it could deal with ranged mobs. This would make its melee weaker but it could be an improvement over just being like a wall. Thinking maybe locking it into a lower spin speed as a trade off but maybe later down the line they add a combo with bleed+frozen(frostbite) where the enemy takes the full amount of bleed instantly.

It would be fun to combo via huntress or apprentice with some sort of orb change. IE the dummy being hit by say, a huntress, it visually shows a ton of arrows shot into it, or if that's an issue, I s'pose not. Either way, it random aoe launches arrows being fired into it either as it spins or all at once once it pincushions enough. Or it charges up with magic shots for about the same idea.

By itself, though, I think that sounds more like an uber tower if it is shooting out daggers at range, turning a wall into a tower instead.

Apprentice Ubber:  Cinder Grasp

Flameburst Tower no longer shoots fireballs.  It now summons a burning lava hand from the ground, grasping the main target as magical DoT.  Upon reaching (xx)% damage, the hand explodes and releases cinder shards in a small AoE as physical damage to all mobs within range.

10zbyol.jpg

@toan08 quote:

Apprentice Ubber:  Cinder Grasp

Flameburst Tower no longer shoots fireballs.  It now summons a burning lava hand from the ground, grasping the main target as magical DoT.  Upon reaching (xx)% damage, the hand explodes and releases cinder shards in a small AoE as physical damage to all mobs within range.

I like this XD I sorta expected this from the earthshatter, but that would be too obvious. I had instead a 'drag to earth effect' for that one. Hmm... You know between this and a few other towers we can pretty much juggle now.

I'm expecting this tower would be comparable to lsa, in that it's heavy single target focused, mainly? In which case it should be firing slooow. At least if it's long ranged.

Squire Ubber:  Hook N' Bleed

Transforms the Training Dummy into a Trap.  It shoots out hooks, attaches to mobs within range and pulls them in.  Mobs will break free of hook once they walk out of its radius, and the trap will reset.  If mobs do not break free of its hook, they continue to bleed until they die.  Physical damage on impact, causes Bleeding DoT as long as hook is applied.  Cannot hook and pull Ogres or mini-bosses, but has a % chance to slow their movement speed and applies Bleeding.

23scakj.jpg

Rainmaker Orb: The dragon of anti air cannon now hits ground. Only... it can no longer target normally. Instead it fires at a set distance outward in an arc, raining down shots at distance, then another set distance closer and closer, until it repeats. Probably water based so it self combos, though fire or physical works too.

Essentially it sprays shots out indiscriminately, making placement key in getting the most out of it, perhaps a little timing too. 

Siegemasters Orb: Ballista become more like the true ballista, gaining greatly increased size, cost, and damage, some more range and missile size, and worse hp and attack speed and target acquisition. They're terrible at hitting targets that jump around too much, but will pretty much obliterate what they do hit, to make up for the accuracy problems. They're also expensive and complex machines that must be protected and placed carefully. Their main enemies are quick targets and masses of air. Bonus points if the devs decide you have to sit in it and aim it manually.

Frosty Orb: Ice loses aoe. It now favors targeting the weakest and closest enemies. Ice now does 'damage'. An enemy does not get hurt from 'damage' but can die from it when it ticks past what its current hp can handle. Alternatively it can die from being under a bad ice tower status too long. Death through frosted orb causes air units to become frozen post death and crash into enemies below, shattering for damage. Smaller units become tiny, temporary angry snowmen on death that fight for a short period.

Rubber Orb: Cannons do no damage. They knock back enemies instead. Sounds useless in theory, but so does ice until used. Enough together can be better than a wall in most circumstances.

Eternity Orb: Serenity Aura becomes Eternity Aura, but you may place only one. Better on most factors than a regular aura, the owner resurrects atop the aura when the pop back up. Alternatively, dying in it shortens death pop back time.

@toan08 quote:

Squire Ubber:  Hook N' Bleed

Transforms the Training Dummy into a Trap.  It shoots out hooks, attaches to mobs within range and pulls them in.  Mobs will break free of hook once they walk out of its radius, and the trap will reset.  If mobs do not break free of its hook, they continue to bleed until they die.  Physical damage on impact, causes Bleeding DoT as long as hook is applied.  Cannot hook and pull Ogres or mini-bosses, but has a % chance to slow their movement speed and applies Bleeding.

LOVE IT make  use of the worst tower in the game only issue is..that's kinda violent for this sort of game the ripping and bleeding so not sure they would use that, how ever something along the lines of maybe when it hooks it slows? or when it hooks it can swing the monster back to the spawn? 

@IcyOrca quote:

LOVE IT make  use of the worst tower in the game only issue is..that's kinda violent for this sort of game the ripping and bleeding so not sure they would use that, how ever something along the lines of maybe when it hooks it slows? or when it hooks it can swing the monster back to the spawn? 

Agreed.  Training Dummy needs a lot of loving right now!  Hmmm, what to do with all this blood and violence.  Maybe the hooks could have similar properties like the Grim Reaper's Scythe - upon hooking mobs, sucks the living souls out of them and if they don't break free, then eventually they get vaporized.  Probably still violent, but no blood :)  Also might be something for a Halloween Theme.

@toan08 quote:

@IcyOrca quote:

Agreed.  Training Dummy needs a lot of loving right now!  Hmmm, what to do with all this blood and violence.  Maybe the hooks could have similar properties like the Grim Reaper's Scythe - upon hooking mobs, sucks the living souls out of them and if they don't break free, then eventually they get vaporized.  Probably still violent, but no blood :)  Also might be something for a Halloween Theme.

Can see the Halloween thing, But I would be happy to work with you on playing with new concepts for the Training Dummy if you're cool with it add me on steam @Dreaguh and we can talk

@IcyOrca quote:

@toan08 quote:

@IcyOrca quote:

Can see the Halloween thing, But I would be happy to work with you on playing with new concepts for the Training Dummy if you're cool with it add me on steam @Dreaguh and we can talk

We have such sights to show you O_O

Somebody has seen too much Hellraiser today.

@Ninja_Kero quote:

@IcyOrca quote:

@toan08 quote:

@IcyOrca quote:

And that's a negative thing?

@Ninja_Kero quote:

Yea, not going to lie - the past 2 weeks, I've been watching horror and thriller movies hehehe.  Maybe this week, I want to catch up on sci-fi movies.

Anyways, I think if we don't use blood special effects and only say it does magical DoT as long as hook is applied, I don't see a big issue with it :)  I mean take a look at the spike blockade - sharp pointy spikes ready to poke someone, and there seems no violence reported...yet (maybe we made it too obvious now about violence in the game).  Or we could replace the hooks and use the ugly brown wooden, dull-looking butter knife from the Training Dummy!

@toan08 quote:

@Ninja_Kero quote:

Yea, not going to lie - the past 2 weeks, I've been watching horror and thriller movies hehehe.  Maybe this week, I want to catch up on sci-fi movies.

Anyways, I think if we don't use blood special effects and only say it does magical DoT as long as hook is applied, I don't see a big issue with it :)  I mean take a look at the spike blockade - sharp pointy spikes ready to poke someone, and there seems no violence reported...yet (maybe we made it too obvious now about violence in the game).  Or we could replace the hooks and use the ugly brown wooden, dull-looking butter knife from the Training Dummy!

You mean the butter knife that weaves intricate death when spun fast enough?

Apprentice Ubber:  Comet Crasher

Frostbite Tower chill modifier now only applies to a single target.  While channeling, it also stacks a debuff modifier (-5% ice resistance for each second it channels, up to a maximum of -25% ice resistance applied to its target).   Simultaneously for each second this tower channels at a target, it builds up to 5 charges.  Upon reaching the 5th charge, it releases a tremendous jagged, ice comet from the skies, plunging down on the target as physical damage, then releasing ice shards in a medium AoE radius as magical damage.  *Considerably stronger for single targets due to resistance debuff, but loses all charges if target dies or if the tower switches to another target.  It then has to channel and rebuild charges again in order to use the ice comet.

2s0bj8p.jpg

Large for Apprentice : Great Quake Earthshatter orb - Grants a % chance to have a secondary shatter in a ring around the original burst. This would also create another knockback effect similar to the one the tower has already (Combos with the uber below!)

Uber Apprentice : Pinball Wizard - Causes a higher knockback to enemies (Would work in 360 direction) and cause a BONUS knockback to enemies who have been knocked back recently

Medium Apprentice sphere: Frostbite : Causes the Frost tower to add a stacking slow debuff to its initial slow power, maybe 2-4% per stack, This would eventually slow an enemy to a crawl and persist after the tower has stopped to recharge

I'd like to see an Apprentice uber that removes his towers and replaces them with four more spells and doubles his mana capacity.

Archmage Uber Sphere

And perhaps a Squire uber that turns his cannonball turrets into shotgot-style turrets. Shorter, wider range but hits everything and hits really hard but really slow.

Blunderbuss Uber Sphere

A massive increase in Huntress's geyser range, but remove the knock-up. You get more damage out of each trigger, because it's hitting way more mobs, and applying the 'drenched' status to all of them for applicable combos.

Deluge Uber Sphere

A Monk uber that basically turns Boost Aura into a debuff trap. Enemies that walk through the aura do x% less dmg and take x% more damage.

Enfeebling Aura

Squire 

Ballista: Rain of arrows- instead of shooting a directed arrow at an opponent the ballista tower would now volley arrows at oncoming hordes. This would cause a brief root to all enemies in the area to "block" arrows. Reduced damage output to add a small root to the tower. 

Training Dummy: Moving Target- The training dummy now has a short track where he can move back and forth. This enables him to dodge ranged attacks. He can still be hit by fast moving projectiles but things like the dreakins breath attack would fly past him. 

Huntress

Geyser Trap: Oil well- Instead of drenched in water for the electrocution combo now the tower drenches the target in oil for combustion. 

Geyser Trap: Tar Pit- Same general idea but instead of a knock up a slow on the ground applying oil. (can even use existing animation from huntress ability oil flask)

Blaze Balloon: Airdrop- Blaze Balloons now travel between heroes and the Eternia crystal delivering one of three bonus' to the hero while dropping firebombs on enemies. Health, Mana, or a small stimpack stat boost for 3/4/5/6/7 seconds (depending on level)

Sorry if i doubled up on a previous idea, I did not read through the entirety of the thread to check.

Huntress Uber

Poison Dart blockade

Change poison dart tower's attack arc to frontal 180 degree, reduce range to 45%, increase health. 

Change type to blockade, pull aggro, and receive additional health from blockade health spec of monk

Huntress Medium or Large Sphere

"Head Shot"

Head shots do 50% more damage

Ive always loved huntress for DPS play during the waves, while I typically do my tower builds with the other chars. After years of FPS I cant help aim for the head! It keeps me fully engaged during the waves running around, finding the tougher enemies and lining up a few head shots till they drop. Eye shot for the Ogres obviously... Would be awesome to have a sphere option that rewards head shots and the run & gun style play.  Thanks for this awesome game and the opportunity to be involved at such an early stage.

Perhaps the huntress could get a Dps spec.

My Ideas:

- A X% chance to double shot could be nice.

- aoe (or a piercing shot) dmg on charged shots (x% of weapon attack is applied)?

- apply a cool debuff like a (slow, burning, heal allies, or something like a occasional shot that knock down/or back an enemy).

These are my ideas. :)

squire:

you can now attack whilst blocking (doing a sword jab or something; keeping the defense increase but also having the movement penalty)

Apprentice Uber:

Changes the frostbite tower into the frost laser. Frost laser does continuous damage to a single target while slowing it's movement. The damage it deals increases over time with tower speed increasing the rate of the increase, but does cap out at a certain point.

few ideas :] probs not perfect but they can most likely be developed into something that works

squire uber "vacuum cutter spin": makes training dummy suck enemies in like a vacuum, more hp and significantly more atk speed, less damage but does more damage the more enemies it hits at once

apprentice uber "shiva beam": makes frostbite tower's beam deal constant damage but no slow. it builds charge when it hits an enemy - the more damage it deals, the more charge it builds. when the enemy it is locked onto dies, the enemy explodes, dealing damage and slows for an amount based off the charge amount in an area. the beam itself does not slow.

monk uber "fire with fire": makes the anti air tower spawn fast wyverns constantly (up to a cap). they only attack airborne units, and they have much less damage than aa towers but have lots of health, essentially acting as an aerial 'wall' for fliers, except one made out of wyverns. 

huntress uber "jet of steam": makes the geyser tower shoot a lot higher and stay out for longer, though it does not drench. it can also be placed on walls to send enemies flying horizontally - larger monsters are resistant to this but take increased damage. longer recharge time, higher damage.