Hey there all!

So I was reading the descriptions of these and have formed my own idea of what each mean, however, I think I may have gotten one or both completely wrong so I'm hoping that the community may be able to help me out with understanding these two.

My understanding so far:
Enhancer - I can upgrade my items further with other items (similar system to what we currently have?)
Crafter - I can modify parts of an items stat lines with other items (swap Aura Boost + for Stun Boost + etc)

Am I on the right track, I don't think I am for Enhancer at least.

Seems to be roughly accurate. They are both concept ideas and I doubt many of the details have been hammered down, like the other influence votes. You are not voting for a specific mechanic being implemented, but showing interest in the idea of 1 concept over the other.

I think that both sides of this influence vote will be heavily affected by the special stat and spec node revamps that are being teased in the devstream today.

@Syclic quote:

Seems to be roughly accurate. They are both concept ideas and I doubt many of the details have been hammered down, like the other influence votes. You are not voting for a specific mechanic being implemented, but showing interest in the idea of 1 concept over the other.

I think that both sides of this influence vote will be heavily affected by the special stat and spec node revamps that are being teased in the devstream today.

Cheers for that, will have to also watch today's devstream!

I just don't understand why they can't make a hybrid of these options. I kinda liked the enhancing system in DD1, but I also like the idea of (re)crafting items to get the correct bonus stat for my chosen class. Apart from that it would be nice to have a sort of summary of what each option brings to the player. Considering the last influence choice brought a lot of confusion

Yeah, I'm not voting on this one until I see a dev post explaining them in more detail.  As it stands, I really see no reason why these two ideas are mutually exclusive.  They sound like they're completely different features in a game.  Just look at diablo3:  you have the Mystic who rerolls stats on items (Enhancement) and the Blacksmith who crafts items for you (Crafting).  Why are these two ideas being put in opposition to each other?  I really see no reason why this influence vote exists.

Agreed.  I would prefer to craft the items I like with different components, and then enhance them further to make them better.