Sign in to follow this  
Accrate

What is that giant airship?

On ramparts there is a massive detailed shadow of an airship in the background that I just stare at for days. Anyone know what it is or if we will actually see the airship someday on a different map?

Perhaps an upgraded version of this bad boy from DD1?

latest?cb=20110823154432

@Esorath quote:

Which air ship? The one in the far distance? 

Yes the giant one that you can only see the silhouette of with the moon sort of behind it.  Here is a picture of it:  

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/717537222448841105/3D496F53E6C4969F5C32775A92B08EC3DED50F45/ 

@Accrate quote:

@Esorath quote:

Which air ship? The one in the far distance? 

Yes the giant one that you can only see the silhouette of with the moon sort of behind it.  Here is a picture of it:  

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/717537222448841105/3D496F53E6C4969F5C32775A92B08EC3DED50F45/ 

Embedded for those too lazy to copy paste:

3D496F53E6C4969F5C32775A92B08EC3DED50F45

@Gutu quote:

@gigazelle quote:

Embedded for those too lazy to copy paste:

3D496F53E6C4969F5C32775A92B08EC3DED50F45

fixed that for you 

M8K2H19.jpg

Thanks for that, could have sworn it was working fine when I left it....................... could see the screenshot fine

@gigazelle quote:

Perhaps an upgraded version of this bad boy from DD1?

latest?cb=20110823154432

This reminds me of a Super Smash Brothers map.  I think it would be awesome to have some kind of moving platform map for DD2.  Imagine having to dodge the Bullet Bills while building and kiting ogres >< teeheehee

The old Sky City/DD1 map was very VERY beautiful. It would be great if something like this would make a comeback into DD2. Just... the fact that a single missed jump could kill you and result in a great waste of time once you played hardcore mode made this map the most-hated for me. ^^ If a grown up/modified version of the air ship would now return to 'finish its work'... just wow. :-) But please don't use jump'n'run/platformer instant kills.

@Dreizehn quote:

The old Sky City/DD1 map was very VERY beautiful. It would be great if something like this would make a comeback into DD2. Just... the fact that a single missed jump could kill you and result in a great waste of time once you played hardcore mode made this map the most-hated for me. ^^ If a grown up/modified version of the air ship would now return to 'finish its work'... just wow. :-) But please don't use jump'n'run/platformer instant kills.

I would really love to see every eternia shard map make a return to DD2. Heck if they have the resources, the entire DD1 campaign as well.

@gigazelle quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

I would really love to see every eternia shard map make a return to DD2. Heck if they have the resources, the entire DD1 campaign as well.

This could be done as future event/announced content update some time later: 

Time Travel

The Old Ones try to change the Heroes' past but did not expect the Apprentice finding a way to go back so our Heroes can defend not only their beloved territory but also their own past.

I wanted to know if the ship was powered by technology or magic. I talked about it in a stream a couple weeks back and proposed if the old ones and the creatures of the game are improving technologically while the normal people are simply relying on magic, maybe the evil forces are trying to take over the world because of they believe they are more advanced at this point.

@Piggyteehee quote:

I wanted to know if the ship was powered by technology or magic. I talked about it in a stream a couple weeks back and proposed if the old ones and the creatures of the game are improving technologically while the normal people are simply relying on magic, maybe the evil forces are trying to take over the world because of they believe they are more advanced at this point.

I always thought the magic of the crystal shard powered the technology.  It explained why the ship went down after the crystal was removed.  Plus the tavernkeep plane appeared to not require magic.

@Batophobia quote:

@Piggyteehee quote:

I always thought the magic of the crystal shard powered the technology.  It explained why the ship went down after the crystal was removed.  Plus the tavernkeep plane appeared to not require magic.

It's true that some ships are obviously powered by magic (I'm thinking of the jets outside of the ramparts) but other ships (at least from what I have been told) were powered by coal in DD1. Then again, I am just speculating haha.

@DannyAraya quote:

@Bonzai101 quote:

Hopefully, its a map at some point

;)

Oh Boy... Trendyent seems to be going to TeasingEnt :v T-T why you guys do thiss.. The amount of meanings that wink may have... and... and... oh god... Curiosity blowing up my mind right now

You assume it's an airship. I think its one of the elusive sky mermaids from the old legends. It even looks like she is wearing royal garments specifically headpiece and shoulder piece.

@Gutu quote:

@DannyAraya quote:

@Bonzai101 quote:

Hopefully, its a map at some point

;)

Oh Boy... Trendyent seems to be going to TeasingEnt :v T-T why you guys do thiss.. The amount of meanings that wink may have... and... and... oh god... Curiosity blowing up my mind right now

o i know... trendy just keeps teasing me...