Sign in to follow this  
KK(>^.^)> SJ

New Character:Kobold Lord

(Most of the dialogue and base: text is taken from Minishadow's post from the New-Hero Assassin please give him cookies and biscuits and have a visit to his character suggestion! https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/117903/new-hero-assassin)

I'm back on updating this thread. Hello oNP if you're reading this any other people that have come from him!

Goal List:

Might make Custom Ability Icons and Tower Icons through photoshop and stock imaging. Thank you for the support so far! [✓]

Complete balanced towers. [x]

Complete balanced summoner style towers. [x]

Complete balanced abilities. [x]

Flavor Text.            [✓]?

Chewing on unlimited amounts of gum. And I still run out? [✓]

SOON TO ADD UBER SPHERES? [] (Bottom of Page)

Character:Kobold Lord

dVUUw0g.pngThis picture is actually made by trendy staff.

• Lore:The Kobold Lord having been exiled by the high-king of kobolds unable to possess anymore power than a ton of frightful tnt strapped Kobold runners. Has had enough of being the weak villain that loses to good "If you can't beat em' join em'" that idea resounded through the Kobold Lord's head and therefore came to the aid of Etheria's heroes to help alongside them to stop what he once was and to take revenge on his ruler. However he does not always have good intentions.... Quote "Anything can be solved with explosives, but nothing can be solved without MY explosives." Also has been seen to be riding Betsy and causing havoc with her by dropping tnt nukes on unsuspecting villages.

• Mace wielding and powerful melee hero who deals a ton of damage in a huge aoe cleave but attacks very slowly. Movement-wise the Kobold lord albeit very large moves very fast from the running he used to do alongside his minions. Also claims to have seen Betsy.
  • Right Click:Huge clunky swings that when landed deal Aoe damage (Centre of the aoe deals full 125% damage, outskirts deal 50%)
  • Left Click:Normal Mace swing, cleave. Acts the same as the knight albeit different particle effects for mace.

ABILITIES

1. Molotov!

Cost: 30 Blue Mana

Duration:instant ( 3 second cast time)

Cool Down: 8 Seconds

Description:Throws a molotov at a group of enemies can be combined with oil keg to set the enemies alight and make them run around aimlessly while towers can lay into them.

2. Oil Keg

Cost:60 Blue Mana

Duration: 2 second cast time. 

Description:Splashes a group of enemies and applies Oiled! Debuff to group of enemies splashed in the radius of the Oil. Can be set alight by Concussive shots, Piercing Shot(Huntress), Flame towers(Apprentice) and molotov

3. Erupting Anger

Cost: 130 Blue mana

Duration: 15 seconds

Cool Down: 20 Seconds 

Description: The Kobold lord is consumed by anger and lets out all the Furious and Deadly raged that he had kept inside him all along. Almost like he himself was the TNT he explodes into a rage. Gains the buff Pummeling power and deals a huge amount of damage of aoe(250% cleave/aoe). The Kobold Lord constantly smashes the floor forever until mana or ability is cancelled in an interval of 1 second. You however take 40% more damage from any source. If you die while in this form you while explode in a huge aoe for 500% of your hero's physical power. 

4. Normal Heal

Can be buffed through spec tree.

The ability Icons below are honestly reference pictures to have a picture in your mind to see what they could look like. (Made through images and a few stocks)

gpiPV8G.png

TOWERS: Summoner Style (can be buffed through spec tree.)

I'm going to do some kind of summoner things here dunno if this will work in this engine or some sort of command system could be implemented.

The Creatures summoned by the Kobold Lord will be a different color. They will not be Green to help players distinguish between enemies and summons. Blue, Red or Purple Kobolds. Which one is more suited and nice to look at? Decide in the comments :)

5. Wandering Kobolds

Cost: 30 Green Mana

Damage:Scales with equipment

Cast time:Scales  with equipment

Health:Scales with equipment 

Description: These Kobolds have no fear in ending their lives for the Kobold Lord and will do his bidding, a sacrifice is necessary to win a war. Deals aoe damage and can disorientate enemies. 5 are summoned each time. You must resummon them to have them in the field. Recommended to summon them near crystal and have them run into lane. You can command them to wait in a lane and only explode until they are killed. You can also have them stealthed (cant get attacked by enemies) and only explode when you want them to explode. (Useful stack and boss lane killing tool)

6. Exiled Kobold Mercs

Cost: 50 Green mana

Cast for each attack:Scales with equipment

Health:Scales with equipment 

Description:ruled by their Lord the mercs can be moved around by the Kobold lord to do his bidding, to either tank the damage or go in mercilessly. The Kobold Mercs are loyal and strong. Able to tank a tremendous amount of force or attack a huge amount of groups they are the main backforce of the Kobold clan. 

7.Forbidden Kobold necromancers

Cost: 60 Green Mana

Same as above

Description: The Kobold Lord summons his forbidden necromancers (gifted from the Kobold King) that are loyal to the lord whether or not he has been exiled due to a contract. They are a force to be reckoned with and can ignite or freeze enemies at will. They also have the power to summon skeletal kobold warriors(3 each) to fight for them. The Necromancers' freeze and ignite abilities can be toggled with a menu. Ignite mode gives kobold necromancers an exploding fireball spell. Freeze mode gives kobold necromancers an aoe field-freeze spell that freezes enemies that are hit by it.

8. Kobold war tank

Cost: 70 Green Mana

Same as Above

Description: A Kobold war tank capable of delivering ultimate destruction to the Kobold Lord's adversaries. Driven by his Kobold Mercs the war tank deals powerful aoe damage and huge knockback capabilities. These war tanks are for soaking up TONS of damage. They are basically a moving squire wall (That shoots back.)

TOWERS:Tower Style (Can be buffed through spec tree)

5. Liquid Gunge

Cost: 30 Green Mana

Damage:None (Support Tower)

Cast time:Scales with equipment

Description: The Liquid Gunge catapult flails it's Oily substance at enemies to drown them in gunge (applies Oiled! Debuff to enemies) Enemies can be set alight with fire-elemental abilities and towers. Enemies are also applied with Blinding Darkness  (Unable to see due to the Oil) and are slowed for 5s and sometimes attack their own.

6.Flame Thrower Kobolds

Cost:50 Green Mana

Description: Burn baby Burn! Enemies are set alight for 2 seconds and are sent running around aimlessly trying to put the fire away. Eternal Embers Debuff can be applied if the enemy is affected by the Oiled! Debuff and can increase time set alight by 5s. initial damage will be dealt before setting the enemy alight.

7. Glider Towers

Cost: 40 Green Mana

Damage:Scales with equipment

Cast time:Scales with equipment

Description: Ever thought about what would happen if you strapped some mechanical wings on a kobold that holds tnt? I hope you love the smell of napalm in the morning. The Glider towers are tall towers that are easily replaceable when destroyed (recommended to place on a point where enemies can not get to them.) They fly along a straight path and drop explosives on the way in a carpet bomb motion before crashing down and exploding themselves.

8. Explosive Engineer outpost

Cost: 70 Green Mana

Damage: The Tower can heal structures for a small percentage of tower power (2-3% only since it's the first tower healing thing I've seen in the forums so far I think.) 

Cast Time:Scales with equipment

Description: Clink, Clank, Clonk. Hear that? That's the sound of the Kobold Engineers that are repairing the towers for the Kobold lord. And they do a bloody great job! The Kobold Engineer post sends little engineers that can fix towers for you from a percentage of your tower power. The outpost also emits an explosive aura buff that gives towers the ability to have catastrophic explosion blasts from time to time! Gives towers 33% chance to have explosive capabilities! Aura, Trap, Apprentice Tower, Cannonballs, Harpoons, Freezing Towers! Any of them has a chance to create an explosion that deals damage scaling from your tower power.

The Eighth Ability kind of acts like a monks boost aura in that it's only heals and buffs towers with a gimmicky 'ability' It does not actually boost DPS purely but gives it a chance to do more damage every time with different explosions!

UBER SPHERES!

8. Kobold Catastrophe Tanks

Cost: 75 Green Mana (5 mana higher cost.)

Same as below (scaling) 

Description: What's better than a tank? A tank with flamethrowers and mininukes. The Catastrophe Tanks are rude, prude and come with a multitude of destructive weaponry fit for an Etherian wasteland. Don't let these things shoot! Or you'll never see the light of day.  Catastrophe tanks are for soaking up tons of damage but with a damaging twist. Keep a repair boy around or they'll explode! Enemies far away are shot slowly with a very damaging mini nuke, enemies that are close are scorched by the flamethrower. Whereas the normal tanks only shoot missiles (albeit quicker but less/equal damage to 1 mini nuke.)

6.Acid Flinger Kobolds

Cost:60 Green Mana (10 increased mana.)

Description: "Gaaaargglrgh" is the noise you make when you meet these bad boys. Carrying an.. acid thrower? These Kobolds spray at helpless enemies, flailing around in their impending doom. "Shhhhzzzlle" is the noise you make, after you meet them.    The acid sprayer Kobolds deal increase damage when spraying on Oiled debuffed enemies but can slow on hit without it. Those hit by the acid also take continuous damage and can effect other enemies buy running/staying close to them.

" 7. Glider Tower: Tall tower with a flying Kobold on top.  Flies along a straight path, dropping explosives and carpet-bombing the lane.
8. Explosives Engineer: Support tower that buffs in an aura.  All towers in range also deal explosive damage. " - Batophobia

Big thanks to him and his help. I've only recently come back and re-read everything in the thread to update the kobold lord!

A spin on the Assassin Idea and made my own please give his thread a visit.

Picture taken from Deviant Art and Trendy's own Creative Director!

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/155/f/1/dungeon_defenders_kobold_king_portrait_by_danielaraya-d67tk9h.jpg

http://danielaraya.deviantart.com/         I love his art!!

PS:I'd love feedback from you guys!

Planned:

Spec Tree

Tower styles

Summoner Icons

Tower Icons

UPDATES:

V.3.5: Added 2 ubers, changed mana cost for flamethrower tower in tower section.

V.3: Added 2 more towers into the tower section. Description Flavor quote added ;)

v.2.5.5:Added 2 towers and Flavour quote in lore.

v.2.5:NEW ABILITY ICONS (photoshop and stock images)

v 2:Changed Abilities and Modified the lore. Towers will be segregated.

v.1: Removed awkward long spaces between things.

Special thanks to the replies on the thread, your ideas will be added and modified with each response.

I don't want to upset you or be rude but this is really messy and it's hard to read, probably because of the copying. Could you edit it a little and make it more understandable. 

Mostly there is too much space between the texts.

Could just ignore this but since it's your first post I don't want to give you the wrong feeling about the suggestion forum.

@Bunniecake quote:

I don't want to upset you or be rude but this is really messy and it's hard to read, probably because of the copying. Could you edit it a little and make it more understandable. 

Could just ignore this but since it's your first post I don't want to give you the wrong feeling about the suggestion forum.

Done, had the same problem with the text too thanks for the catch.

Love the idea of a former enemy becoming an ally.  Reminds me of Kreig the Psycho of Borderlands 2.

I do have a few notes on this, though.:

1. Left-click seems like it should be a normal mace swing with right-click being the AoE hit.  Otherwise the weapon you equip is not the one you are using for most of the battle.
  2. Oil Keg and Molotov sounds like it would work better as a tower and ability.  Have the oil keg be a trap and the Molotov an ability, though at that point I'd change it to what you have currently for left-click.  Throw dynamite which ignites all the oiled enemies.  Seriously, though, we need a tower that applies "oiled" status.
  3. I think Charged Pummel and Deadly Rage could be combined.  Instead, I'd like to see 1 be something like the hammer from Smash Brothers.  Your player constantly does his AoE attack in half-second intervals for 10 seconds (or tweak the numbers based on testing)
  4. I like the idea of being able to override Heal ability, but I'm not sure suicide is the answer.  Players will get familiar to hitting that key to heal and end up dead.  Also, the 4th ability is unlocked by default, so having it be the big attack without needing to level up at all is odd.
  5. Not liking the summoner-style towers for this hero.  One could be replaced with the Oil Keg as mentioned above.  The other one, I'd recommend something like the environmental traps on Greystone Plaza.  Rocket carts just seem like a natural fit, but I'd make them shoot straight towards their target.  Plus, they could be the ranged tower for this hero to deal with flying enemies.
  6. The other 2 traps are better, but still a little out of place.  They could work as they are, but I would recommend one of these:
    • Land Mine: Works similar to Proximity Trap
    • Sticky Bomb: Sticks to passing enemy and explodes after set time
    • Grenade Launcher: Shoots out grenade projectiles in an arc.  Grenades are affected by gravity and explode upon hitting an enemy or after X seconds

My basic opinions:

• The suicide ability actually really intrigues me, but I think it should be his third ability and give him heal like everyone else. Unless they decide to change every characters 4th ability, I don't like having some with heal, some without.
  • Also, weird thematically to have kobalds fighting against us and with us. If he was a weak ruler, I think he should be exiled without the use of his once controlled kobalds.
  • Tower 7 and 8 seem good, 5 and 6 would be changed due to previous comment.
  • I liked [[55686,users]]'s idea of an oil trap with a fire ability.
  • Deadly rage seems meh, not a big fan.

Good thought, after you make some changes, I'll give my opinion again.

@cometmarcher2468 quote:

http://indiegameinsider.com/2013/06/05/dungeon-defenders-2-kobold-king-hero-announced/

see, this was out way long ago

Nice.  Would be totally alright with this being added back in, though I would probably change it to a single character walking around instead of the pulled cart thing.

@KK(>^.^)> SJ quote:

@Bunniecake quote:

Done, Probably wrote this but I had the same problem with it too, but it's slightly fixed now

@cometmarcher2468 quote:

i wonder how many people actually know there are quite a couple characters already made up? did you know they are re-using one of them as the pet shop owner? his name was the rider, he was a little pixie thing riding a mole. supposed to be a tank melee support

Yo thanks for the heads up and I didn't know they were going to make a character like that on the "moba" DD2, but I assume that was what the drawing was for I guess. Anyway I'm still going to update and change different things about the Kobold lord.

@Batophobia quote:

Love the idea of a former enemy becoming an ally.  Reminds me of Kreig the Psycho of Borderlands 2.

I do have a few notes on this, though.:

1. Left-click seems like it should be a normal mace swing with right-click being the AoE hit.  Otherwise the weapon you equip is not the one you are using for most of the battle.
  2. Oil Keg and Molotov sounds like it would work better as a tower and ability.  Have the oil keg be a trap and the Molotov an ability, though at that point I'd change it to what you have currently for left-click.  Throw dynamite which ignites all the oiled enemies.  Seriously, though, we need a tower that applies "oiled" status.
  3. I think Charged Pummel and Deadly Rage could be combined.  Instead, I'd like to see 1 be something like the hammer from Smash Brothers.  Your player constantly does his AoE attack in half-second intervals for 10 seconds (or tweak the numbers based on testing)
  4. I like the idea of being able to override Heal ability, but I'm not sure suicide is the answer.  Players will get familiar to hitting that key to heal and end up dead.  Also, the 4th ability is unlocked by default, so having it be the big attack without needing to level up at all is odd.
  5. Not liking the summoner-style towers for this hero.  One could be replaced with the Oil Keg as mentioned above.  The other one, I'd recommend something like the environmental traps on Greystone Plaza.  Rocket carts just seem like a natural fit, but I'd make them shoot straight towards their target.  Plus, they could be the ranged tower for this hero to deal with flying enemies.
  6. The other 2 traps are better, but still a little out of place.  They could work as they are, but I would recommend one of these:
    • Land Mine: Works similar to Proximity Trap
    • Sticky Bomb: Sticks to passing enemy and explodes after set time
    • Grenade Launcher: Shoots out grenade projectiles in an arc.  Grenades are affected by gravity and explode upon hitting an enemy or after X seconds

These are really great suggestions, I'm thinking of segregating a summoner and tower section to see which idea or playstyle people like the best.

@Ryster quote:

My basic opinions:

• The suicide ability actually really intrigues me, but I think it should be his third ability and give him heal like everyone else. Unless they decide to change every characters 4th ability, I don't like having some with heal, some without.
  • Also, weird thematically to have kobalds fighting against us and with us. If he was a weak ruler, I think he should be exiled without the use of his once controlled kobalds.
  • Tower 7 and 8 seem good, 5 and 6 would be changed due to previous comment.
  • I liked Batophobia's idea of an oil trap with a fire ability.
  • Deadly rage seems meh, not a big fan.

Good thought, after you make some changes, I'll give my opinion again.

Thanks for the ideas and yeah I'm maybe renaming some towers(or summoned units) to fit in an exiled theme e.g Exiled Kobold Merc, Wandering Kobold Bomber etc.

@KK(>^.^)> SJ quote:

Bumpity Bump bump.

Probably don't need to bump this for being inactive for an hour skeleton.png

I think splitting it into towers and summons is a good idea.  I'd rather have all summons or no summons.  Oil-based tower, though.  Make it happen either way :P

@Batophobia quote:

@KK(>^.^)> SJ quote:

Bumpity Bump bump.

Probably don't need to bump this for being inactive for an hour skeleton.png

I think splitting it into towers and summons is a good idea.  I'd rather have all summons or no summons.  Oil-based tower, though.  Make it happen either way :P

Yeah sorry bout the bump but I want to stay at the top (ego trip :c)

And the oil-based towers will definitely be here. I was really thinking like a small outpost tower with 1 kobold throwing oil down and the other with a flame thrower of some sorts xD

@KK(>^.^)> SJ quote:Yeah sorry bout the bump but I want to stay at the top (ego trip :c)

And the oil-based towers will definitely be here. I was really thinking like a small outpost tower with 1 kobold throwing oil down and the other with a flame thrower of some sorts xD

I'd avoid making both those into a single tower.  Given that Oil+Fire is one of the elemental combos, they should be kept separated.  Promote diversity and all that.

@Batophobia quote:

@KK(>^.^)> SJ quote:Yeah sorry bout the bump but I want to stay at the top (ego trip :c)

I'd avoid making both those into a single tower.  Given that Oil+Fire is one of the elemental combos, they should be kept separated.  Promote diversity and all that.

Done, and bump. Would love for you to analyse the towers and try to tweak them with your suggestions. So far the best supporter of the thread. For everyone else too what spec nodes would you like to see? I want the community to drive this one.

More notes, since you updated the OP:

3. Erupting Anger
Remove the toggle.  Instead, he goes into this buffed state until timer runs out.  Once timer runs out, he deals a massive AoE explosive damage (also damages self for X% damage).  Great ability to deal tons of damage at the cost of potentially killing yourself.  Perfect for the character.

5. Wandering Kobolds
More info needed.  Is this a single-use tower where it runs into the lane and explodes?  How does it reset?

How is element decided?  Will it pick the best choice (i.e. only fire on oiled enemies) of completely random?

All Summons:
I recommend making these guys a different color from the normal enemies to avoid confusion between ally and enemy. At the very least, they need some way to be very easily distinguishable as a friendly unit.

5. Liquid Gunge
Assuming the second half just becomes definition of "Oiled", I'd recommend adding something like "Flying enemies fall to ground and are unable to fly for X seconds".  Puts them in the (assumed) short range of your flamethrowers.

All Defenses:
Add in how they work.  Is it a trap? Aura? Long-range tower?

You seem to be missing 2 defenses under the tower section.  My suggestions:
7. Glider Tower: Tall tower with a flying Kobold on top.  Flies along a straight path, dropping explosives and carpet-bombing the lane.
8. Explosives Engineer: Support tower that buffs in an aura.  All towers in range also deal explosive damage.

@Batophobia quote:

More notes, since you updated the OP:

3. Erupting Anger
Remove the toggle.  Instead, he goes into this buffed state until timer runs out.  Once timer runs out, he deals a massive AoE explosive damage (also damages self for X% damage).  Great ability to deal tons of damage at the cost of potentially killing yourself.  Perfect for the character.

5. Wandering Kobolds
More info needed.  Is this a single-use tower where it runs into the lane and explodes?  How does it reset?

How is element decided?  Will it pick the best choice (i.e. only fire on oiled enemies) of completely random?

All Summons:
I recommend making these guys a different color from the normal enemies to avoid confusion between ally and enemy. At the very least, they need some way to be very easily distinguishable as a friendly unit.

5. Liquid Gunge
Assuming the second half just becomes definition of "Oiled", I'd recommend adding something like "Flying enemies fall to ground and are unable to fly for X seconds".  Puts them in the (assumed) short range of your flamethrowers.

All Defenses:
Add in how they work.  Is it a trap? Aura? Long-range tower?

You seem to be missing 2 defenses under the tower section.  My suggestions:
7. Glider Tower: Tall tower with a flying Kobold on top.  Flies along a straight path, dropping explosives and carpet-bombing the lane.
8. Explosives Engineer: Support tower that buffs in an aura.  All towers in range also deal explosive damage.

Hey! I came back to this after a while and was wondering how you would like the new changes! I've tailored them to be a bit more favored for new players but are suitable for any level maps.

Hey KK(>^.^)> SJ, Cool idea! Impressed with the detail and commitment to the concept. SO MUCH FIRE.  And I thought mine was long, glad to see others make hero ideas with such passion. Hopefully one day we will see the first fan made hero in DD2 by the end of the year. (P.S Thanks a lot for posting on my concept, really helped alot.) Also curious when we will see DD2's first official heal tower, and on what hero. Keep up the good work on the idea, as it is my understanding you are basically developing it.copter.png

The acid uber seems a bit out of place.  How about something like "Napalm Glider" where instead of explosive carpet bombing style, they drop a constant stream of napalm that ignites all enemies it hits?