Sign in to follow this  
Secret Agent Stuart

Recommended apprentice spec?

Hi guys I am a dd2 scrub and I have questions about apprentice. I just hit lvl 18 and I am starting to have some problems.  I am gearing mostly in defence power and speed so my arcane walls die super fast.  Are they worth building or should I just put up extra flame/ice/earth towers.  Also I am specing soley into fire and ice in a 2:1 ratio.  Is putting any points into earth tower worth for the combo?

Not sure if your soloing with the apprentice but depending on how fast the barricades die you might be better off simply building another frost tower as barricades are generally considered bad but with no points into them then their almost worthless. Though you might be interested in building a squire with tower health as a separate spike blockade builder that could also double spec into both spike blockade & his own shield so you can use him for the last round to personally block ogres as squire with his shield up is more durable then any wall.

Now something worth noting about earth towers & ice beam is that with the spec on frost beam it freezes enemies & frozen enemies can be shattered by fall dmg which earth towers spec causes as it launches enemies into the air. Now if it's worth it depends on the person but most people will say not to get the earth spec because it causes other towers such as flame bursts to shoot into the air thus their splash dmg not hitting anything.

I love my ability power apprentice! If you are playing public you can give your mana away and you end up doing crazy damage per second with your tornado ability, you can practically solo a lane by yourself.

i do all 3 evenly because 30% is good, it entirely depends on how you use your towers and what you expect from them, say if you dont use frost or earth shatter often you can take the spec out and go almost pure flameburst spec.

Ability power is a pretty awesome spec :) id def recommend getting a AP set for lvl 25+++ maps if you wont be building and thats your only character..

pretty much depends on what you need, 

but for ap you need speed and nothing but speed. so just search for gear with speed/pwr if your build is good, there is no need to worry about hp, your towers should not get hit.

for specs. you can go with froze/fireballs/earth. split the points, all depends on what type of build are you using.

and walls are nothing but a waste of mana.  so dont bother.

once you reach 25, dont worry about building a thing, the "pick a lane and defend" doesnt exist there =P

its a team fight (1 squire tanking bosses xD)  with either 1 player building everything or 2 players. most players already got a solid build.

1 tip: if you use items to upgrade something, use armor only: armor and weaps give about the same "points" but weaps cost more gold. so sell the weaps and upgrade with armor.

50-50 is being good for me for pretty much all characters, just stay away from the flameburst spec node, trust me, even full spec noded into it, you get a 4% dps boost. So keep it on frostbite and earthshatter spec nodes.

Just mostly upgrade on the Defense Power/Defense Speed it comes in handy when there is a crowd of monsters. Also if you have a huntress just simply put a Geyser Trap infront of your defenses.

Pro-tip:  Towers/walls built by a character will reflect the stats worn by the character at the moment- the stats will update immediately.  In other words, don't build a bunch of towers and switch your armor/weapon over to an AP set because the towers will have the stats of the AP set; it's what's being worn 'right now' on the character.  You'll need two characters, one with AP gear and one with tower gear.

Barricades aren't really that useful in the current state of the game unless you're 100% specced into them. I'd recommend going full-out def.power and def.speed on your flamebursts, then complimenting your build with frost towers.

Right now on my level 22 App I'm focusing on the Defense power and Defense speed with a Squire for blockade duty. As for spec's I'm currently running 30% in flameburst and 50% in Frostbite towers although based on what I'm seeing here I'm going to be switching that out.

Since all specs have diminishing returns, I'd recommend putting an equal amount in each applicable stat, as you're going to get the more bang out of your points that way.

A few % DPS increase in flameburst is better than a fraction of a % increase in chance to freeze.

@gigazelle quote:

Since all specs have diminishing returns, I'd recommend putting an equal amount in each applicable stat, as you're going to get the more bang out of your points that way.

A few % DPS increase in flameburst is better than a fraction of a % increase in chance to freeze.

Not really 'cause due to the animation the flameburst spec unless fully maxed actually decreases your dps.

I did not know that! Theyre only level 22 right now though - once you get 1K stats then you should probably uninvest in double fireballs.

CDR!

But it really depends since what you decide to build your hero in to. As the Apprentice is both really strong in building and hero dmg. 

Neither classes really has a spec so far. Hope we will get some real diversity when specs 2.0 hits. 

I want PoE kind of specs, but that will never happen. So Diablo 3 specs will do.