Sign in to follow this  
curtisgk

[WTG] Play some fun maps you probably haven't played yet

Hello fellow defenders! I am heading back to a hiatus now that school is starting again so I am giving away one of my ult capping tower sets I have lying around. The point is to help players get a pretty good start in the game. Of course, you're free to ask anyone you want for help. I'm sure there are some players that are glad to help with the challenge. All you have to do is beat a few maps on open and ranked. I am well aware that the open maps are harder than your typical maps, but you can use any LEGIT gear (farmed on ranked) for the challenge. The open maps are included because they are very fun, especially Mines of Moria who we should all thank Sanghelios for making such an amazing map. For the challenge, defenders must do:

• Palantir (ranked)
  • Talay Mining Complex (ranked)
  • Moonbase (open)
  • Mines of Moria (open)
  • Attempt Temple of Polybius (Must get to wave 17. You need a team for this, it is probably one of the hardest maps ever made) (open) 
  • Dragon of the North (open)

These maps must of course be done on NMHC. (Temple is Nightmare, no need for hardcore, Dragon of the north is done on medium using a level 1 huntress. It is not very hard, but by far my favorite event map) The open maps can be downloaded through the Steam workshop by clicking "Get missions" on the open servers. I picked my favorite open maps and ranked maps that most people don't do. 

To enter, simply take a screenshot proving that you beat them and comment below. Each player must submit a screenshot because I don't know every users Steam name and forum name.

The prize (all points put into hero cast rate): NAFKznO.jpg

Edit: End date has been updated to go on through April 5th, 11:59pm PST (GMT-8:00)

@eagle45302 quote:

if you build it, they will come.

Are you sure? I tried mines of moria but I failed lol. Will try again tomorrow. For some reason my rig is lagging a lot as of late when playing DD. 

Bump. Also a note on Dragon of the North, you MUST take a screenshot of your gear at the end to prove you started with a level 1 huntress with no gear.

Bump. 0 entries so far and a couple complaining how hard it is. If you need help, you could probably ask the DDRnG and DDFRBR group or definitely me for help.

@curtisgk quote:

Bump. 0 entries so far and a couple complaining how hard it is. If you need help, you could probably ask the DDRnG and DDFRBR group or definitely me for help.

heh I was not complaining ;) 

Uhm i dont complain about how hard it is i just dont have a team to play it with. If somebody is searching for a team too ask me :)

@Moonwalk quote:

Uhm i dont complain about how hard it is i just dont have a team to play it with. If somebody is searching for a team too ask me :)

that would be nice, I team up with ya, now all we need is 2 more lads ;) 

Okay finally got it all down. I gathered it in an album on imgur which I hope is acceptable.

ALBUM

The Dragon of the North bugged out around the end which made the time look shady. I will let Curtisgk be the judge wether he believes me or if I should complete the event again.

Last but not least I would like to express my joy how players keep the game alive like this. All I can say is keep up the good work!

Had a LOT of fun doing these maps!  Thanks for the fantastic selection, Curtis!

I didn't even know some of them existed -- fun to play, for sure!  (Especially enjoyed Mines of Moria, Dragon, and even Temple of Polybius was quite interesting).  And got to play one of my favorites -- Talay Mining, aka "The Land of Fantastically Fun Air Vents" !!

Album of Screenshots

Just have the easy ranked maps left.  It's amazing the amount of effort that must have gone into those open maps.  Super cool.  Now only being played by the adventurous few...

@Bryndomonium quote:

Just have the easy ranked maps left.  It's amazing the amount of effort that must have gone into those open maps.  Super cool.  Now only being played by the adventurous few...

Nah I think there are more peeps playing them (myself included), when the new players hear about those maps they wanna check them out too, atm they associate open with cheating sadly (players on the steam forums that is)

Was just gonna mention- if anyone is experiencing uber slow downloads, try this-

back out of download screen and go to your own tavern in open mode. if it doesn't automatically start download at top of screen, minimize game (windows button plus D if that works for you), go to steam workshop and subscribe to any DD workshop content.   this should force start the downloads, hopefully at much faster rate. 

Congratulations to MaliciousMalachai! I'll be free in a couple days, I'll message you when I have time.