Sign in to follow this  
Azrik

ETA on controller support?

Damn some people get a little riled up at some harmless joking. 

Not that I read anything too much through this thread, but some people need to take their blood pressure meds, they are about to bust a vein or two.

On topic: Patience, friends.

Off-topic:

gloriouspc.jpg

Let's try to keep this civilized, guys. Everyone has their opinions on this (including myself) but we don't need to be at each other's throats.

At the end of the day, the more people that can be happy the better, so if you're waiting for a feature that isn't in yet, please be patient. And if you're not waiting for a feature that's already in, please don't rag on the people that are still waiting. Thanks for understanding :)

for every one saying it's low priority, steam machines are on their way, about to be in peoples homes, The controllers of steam sure can be connected because they emulate a mouse and keyboard, but those that want to use their pre-existing X-input controller will like to be able to connect their controller or two to the PC and have split screen on the couch, if they worked on a port to Steam OS as well, this game would be one of the go to couch games to play.

@Bunniecake quote:

"who is helping us develop, among other things, official controller support + a controller-based UI." So it's not just PS4, you will see.

We have no idea how incomplete the UI is or have they got anything from their partner who is working on the PS4 version. And that is something they are not telling about anything else and it's probably something you even should not know.

You can already bypass the problem with for example xpadder. So why would there be a need to implement an incomplete UI for controllers that would probably bring 900000000 bug reports because some features aren't there and some buttons are not working and these 999 controllers aren't working.

I say it again. Patience, please wait.

Please wait.

Please wait more.

Please wait the most.

More patience.

The most patience.

More than the most patience.

Have a cookie. (>^-^)>@

it's not a partner, it's part of their development studio like studios should be, for higher end titles like this one and some other indy games. have two teams, a smaller one for the console porting, they got that done quicker for console UI, and things like that because Sony clearly gave them a bit of dosh to speed things along same with alienware, and I have no idea why tegra is a thing, maybe DDE. But saying it's a partener is a sparse they work under the same roof the report to the same lead producer and directors.

Please don't bump threads without adding any content.

Trendy is aware people want full PC controller support and to the best of my personal knowledge, it is still coming. I'm sure they will be appreciative of your patience in this matter. :)

Thanks for responding. 
Hopefully the fact that Steam Link is now available will put some pressure on them do add it soon.

I loved DD1 but my buddies and I are only interested in playing it as a controller game.  I hope this feedback makes it to DEV and that this feature, at least in some part, can be added prioritized.  Everyone I know only knows this game as a console game.

We are much closer to controller support now, but we are still trying to work out the kinks. We would hate to release something so fundamental that isn't ready for primetime. 

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

We are much closer to controller support now, but we are still trying to work out the kinks. We would hate to release something so fundamental that isn't ready for primetime. 

So it will be available in off hours then I presume :) ?

You can totally use a mouse and keyboard on the couch. Just go wireless keyboard, and logitech Couch Mouse (yes, its a thing, designed to work on soft and uneven surfaces, like the arm of a recliner or couch) :p

Personally, I find it a little weird that anyone would describe this as a "couch game" though. To me, it's very intense and technical compared to games I'd more readily apply that label to.

Just kick back for a bit, it's still coming and when it does come, it will be the awesomest thing ever.

@Car_Tag quote:

The Steam controller actually works really well with the game. I've been using it up through NM2 (still gearing up)

Agreed. It took me a while the get a configuration with all the keys I need while still being easy to use, but I eventually found a mapping that works well with the game.

That is exactly what I don't want to do.
I don't want to spend my time and energy working up some config that works because DD2 isn't adding support.

Personally I really shocked that at a game that has strong roots in console gaming has gone full beta without the controls needed to play the game in place.  The problem is worsened by the lack of an ETA on this feature.

I'm not gonna play the game until it has this critical feature (for me anyway) in place.  My mates and I are playing other couch coop games now that are controller friendly.

I also don't like the free to play model.  I would much rather spend $50 on a great game that isn't trying to sell me crap all the time.

I have played for some days with my steam controller and it was really great. Actually I hate using controllers on games where I can use my mouse for changing the camera view but this was a really positive experience.

If steam would bother to let us use mode shift for bumpers, triggers and grips too, then I would be able to use a way more convenient config. There are already some configs online. Once the steam link bug is fixed I'll also upload mine.

The sole problem I have come across is that I see no (anyhow) convenient way to use the callout system except for the 'c' key. As the PS4 version doesn't have this yet too I guess it is just a matter of time until we get some kind of callout wheel feature.

if anyone needs a controller support for this game I have one that works perfect the only problem I have with it is being able to ping things like sell defences or repair defense here the only one I could get is helm me over here the first one but using pet skill using hero skill or even building towers or attacking all work perfectly fine :D which is what I assume everyone wants the controller to be able to do ive already tested it and its safe cant harm ur pc in any way like xpadder program might not saying it will but theres word out there that it can but yeah if you guys want to test it out I can show you what to do and trust me its prob the best controller support out there right now its so easy to use I can play dd2 with controller now with ease I can do anything with it I can with the keyboard besides the pinging haven't tried much with it yet I only tested everything important to be able to play with it :D reply to this if you are interested~!