Sign in to follow this  
Azrik

ETA on controller support?

Somewhen around this year. No Precise ETA yet

I don't understand peoples obsession with controller support... It is VERY low on the list of priorities so stop wasting time bringing it up.

I don't use controllers myself, but my friend does and right now the xbox controller he's playing with using xpadder doesn't have enough keys.

@Squat quote:

I don't understand peoples obsession with controller support... It is VERY low on the list of priorities so stop wasting time bringing it up.

I won't buy this game as long as there's no official controller support.

I don't see why it should be "VERY" low on the priority list, and bringing it up might be a good way to push it up towards the top of the list.

Have you got a reason for not wanting controller support? You won't have to use it, you know.....

* I agree they should implement controller support for this game.

I understand the use of Xpadder can Help play the game, for those waiting for controller support, but I don't know if the popup menus would be there to chose which tower to place down etc. You would still need a keyboard maybe.

Adding controller support would increase feedback from people that play with controllers etc As I do.

@Squat quote:

This is fairly untrue. The controller support is being worked on concurrently with the plans for a PS4 beta and will be added to the PC version at around the same time.

There is a thread about a 3rd party program that lets you map the keyboard to your controller and acts as a temporary solution for controller use until in game support is added. This workaround is supported by Trendy as far as I know.

* I've been logging in here every day to see if I can gain enough influence points to enable the feature.

I can then ~ Play the Alpha ~ And possibly increase feedback on possible issues ~ If I can't do that then I'll have to wait for the official release. ~Which could be up to this fall.

Are you just ignoring the fact that there is currently a way to use a controller to play DD2?

You are not bumping this thread up again, controller support is coming and "ETA" is given by iamisom.

I invested some of my time for you [[76481,users]] even I hate these controller whining topics.

Here is your answer given by iamisom

"Controller support is a high priority for us. We are working with a partner on the PS4 version of the game who is helping us develop, among other things, official controller support + a controller-based UI. We don't just want to have controller support -- we want to make sure the game is optimized for people who choose either input method, particularly in regards to menu/inventory navigation (a lesson learned from DD1/DDE). Once they have finished their work in this regard, it's our plan to port that over to the Windows/Mac/Linux versions. This is why we have stated that, in the meantime, the community may use the community-created profiles."

There is no such a thing as "low" on priority list, the reason is right there above in the answer iamisom gave. They are waiting for their partner who works with the PS4 version of the game, to make it work properly in terms of navigation which has been an issue with DD1/DDE.

There is no need to gather influence points to get controller support in the game because it is 100% fact that it is coming. Whining doesn't help it at all. What you can do right now to help them out with this, is wait.

It would be nice to get at least an early look at controller support even if it isn't fully baked yet.  Other features get implemented and are then tweaked later so why not controller support?

Also, it would be nice to know which controllers will be supported?  If the main focus is PS4 does that mean it only PS4 controllers will be supported?

"who is helping us develop, among other things, official controller support + a controller-based UI." So it's not just PS4, you will see.

We have no idea how incomplete the UI is or have they got anything from their partner who is working on the PS4 version. And that is something they are not telling about anything else and it's probably something you even should not know.

You can already bypass the problem with for example xpadder. So why would there be a need to implement an incomplete UI for controllers that would probably bring 900000000 bug reports because some features aren't there and some buttons are not working and these 999 controllers aren't working.

I say it again. Patience, please wait.

Please wait.

Please wait more.

Please wait the most.

More patience.

The most patience.

More than the most patience.

Have a cookie. (>^-^)>@

@Bunniecake quote:

"who is helping us develop, among other things, official controller support + a controller-based UI." So it's not just PS4, you will see.

We have no idea how incomplete the UI is or have they got anything from their partner who is working on the PS4 version. And that is something they are not telling about anything else and it's probably something you even should not know.

You can already bypass the problem with for example xpadder. So why would there be a need to implement an incomplete UI for controllers that would probably bring 900000000 bug reports because some features aren't there and some buttons are not working and these 999 controllers aren't working.

I say it again. Patience, please wait.

Please wait.

Please wait more.

Please wait the most.

More patience.

The most patience.

More than the most patience.

Have a cookie. (>^-^)>@

Have patience?  One player telling another player to have patience isnt going magically grant them patience.  I have mentioned in a previous post that some have waited almost a year and a half for controller support.  Is that not being patient?  People know it is coming as it has been stated but they will still periodically ask because they want to know when exactly it is coming as soon as they can find out.  

Are players not allowed to ask questions about controller support?  Asking questions about controller support is not necessarily being impatient or whining and can bring out some useful info that a person didnt already know.

Is it just for PS4?  I find it is best not to assume anything, especially with something that is in development. So while it may be true that they will support other controllers besides PS4, it is not clear from isom's statement which is why I asked the question.

Why implement an incomplete UI?  Developers implement incomplete parts of the game in Alpha/Early Access testing do get some testing and input on it.  Why is controller support and UI any different?

Bunnie, you were helpful with the information you provided, but you are coming across as slightly hostile in your ways of delivering it. I believe one line said to you was "Are players not allowed to ask questions about controller support?  Asking questions about controller support is not necessarily being impatient or whining and can bring out some useful info that a person didn't already know."

Is not necessarily. You are absolutely right. I haven't seen any bumps or new threads that havent asked for "controllers alrdy" "can't be that hard" "it's impossible to play without it" "my mother died because I didnt have anything else than xpadder"

You support all that 100% what a person u are.

Okay, your hostility is is unnecessary. I know that whining people are out there, but none of that on this thread. I don't snap at one customer at work because 4k other people also have said "I think XX would be better for this, you should stock it." I just let them do their own thing. The same thing is going on here. If you are annoyed by it, just ignore it mate. Hostility is one thing I really don't want to see in this community, even tho its floating around already.

@AceWolf456 quote:

Bunnie, you were helpful with the information you provided, but you are coming across as slightly hostile in your ways of delivering it. I believe one line said to you was "Are players not allowed to ask questions about controller support?  Asking questions about controller support is not necessarily being impatient or whining and can bring out some useful info that a person didn't already know."

It's primarily because this is a topic that is covered both in the stickied "Important Links" thread and the "FAQ Thread" thread inside it.

@AceWolf456 quote:

Some people may ignore it, but others like myself have no way to open it. I don't want to pay extra for a program to read one file when I have already bought the game and CE edition. I would love if the devs could implement the temp fix into the game themselves, assuming it does not take too long (which it probably does not). I am not a big keyboard and mouse person, and of all the games I play on PC I can say only 2 of them are ones I will suffer the keyboard for. And of those 2 only one is a game I play on a regular basis, and that one is DD2. Hell, I recently went to DD1 on my 360 so I could play a DD game and not be tortured by a keyboard.

What exactly are you having to pay for? The file linked is completely free from what I saw.

@dungeondefender008 quote:

* It is an issue because I enjoyed Playing DD1 with controller ~ IMO it's impossible to use Keyboard mouse right now.

There is one of these comments there for u AceWolf

and the other one on this thread was the one you just removed. You said something like "it shouldn't be that hard" blablabla.

And those are in the new ones, the original thread is 100% good.

And while we point fingers at people, didnt I just give that 1 guy who was doing something unnecessary an answer.. didn't u and ddace just pop out after that for no reason.

@Bunniecake quote:

@dungeondefender008 quote:

* It is an issue because I enjoyed Playing DD1 with controller ~ IMO it's impossible to use Keyboard mouse right now.

There is one of these comments there for u AceWolf

and the other one on this thread was the one you just removed. You said something like "it shouldn't be that hard" blablabla.

And those are in the new ones, the original thread is 100% good.

And while we point fingers at people, didnt I just give that 1 guy who was doing something unnecessary an answer.. didn't u and ddace just pop out after that for no reason.

I didnt realize that me asking a question related to the topic is considered "popping out for no reason". It seemed like a good place to ask the question.

@Syclic quote:

@AceWolf456 quote:

It's primarily because this is a topic that is covered both in the stickied "Important Links" thread and the "FAQ Thread" thread inside it.

It is true some of it has been covered however updates may not necessarily happen on a regular basis causing the question to pop up again. And of course another reason it pops up is because people didnt search for it to begin with.  Either way, a simple direction to current official response is all that is needed typically.

*ddace 

well I got to admit that your 2nd question was reasonable and a good one

but the first one was just related to my answer  *it would be nice to get some of it out already now*

I think this bump is alrdy been discussed enough dungeondefender008 got the answer he needed and lived happily ever after. If you want to argue with me send me a personal message and let's continue.

It was related to your post but my first question was not necessarily directed at you. I wouldn't expect you to know the reasons why they would or would not release partial or early controller support. It is more just a general question for devs or isom to answer.