Sign in to follow this  
ChilledFrench

Walls need a HUGE buff

Walls with a 900health hero will last about 1s against an ogre and not much longer against a wave of enemy. The wall should not get one shot otherwise there is no build diversity. The only thing you can do is either stack turrets or auras. You can't have walls and use dps heros, or even just different builds with less power and more walls. It makes the game very repetitive. Walls should be able to hold waves like in DD1

@ChilledFrench quote:

Walls with a 900health hero will last about 1s against an ogre and not much longer against a wave of enemy. The wall should not get one shot otherwise there is no build diversity. The only thing you can do is either stack turrets or auras. You can't have walls and use dps heros, or even just different builds with less power and more walls. It makes the game very repetitive. Walls should be able to hold waves like in DD1

Do you have any gear with Defense Health?  If not, your walls should not last long at all.  It's all about finding that perfect balance.

I never had problem with walls health, as I put everything in DPS :P If you try to rely on walls, you're doing something wrong.

Much like Monks currently have to stack the Boost Aura bonus for the Boost Aura's, Apprentice/Squires that want strong walls will have to stack Defense Health.

I recommend having a set of Tower DPS gear for every hero,

Then get a set of Hero DPS gear that you can swap around for when you aren't building.

Then get a set of either Tower Health or Hero Health & Resists to swap for when you need to block mobs.

@Deaddin quote:

Much like Monks currently have to stack the Boost Aura bonus for the Boost Aura's, Apprentice/Squires that want strong walls will have to stack Defense Health.

I recommend having a set of Tower DPS gear for every hero,

Then get a set of Hero DPS gear that you can swap around for when you aren't building.

Then get a set of either Tower Health or Hero Health & Resists to swap for when you need to block mobs.

Can't wait for an increase in number of hero slots to have 3-4 of each and never have to swap any gear around! 

Yes, I'm lazy. :-D

@ChilledFrench quote:

what level are you? :o im running hard mode and it takes like 5+ kobold hits and still sits there im at just under 6k hp on basic wall you may be attempting a map out of your current power range like the others have said you have to build some tower hp stat as well as tower damage/speed

current stats 313tower hp 852 tower damage 547 tower speed while maintianing my power im now gonna work on my speed/hp to get that perfect sync

I've always felt like walls should only be targeted and attacked by enemies IF AND ONLY IF enemies do not have any detour pathway available. Walls should be walls that divert enemies in another direction, not damage sinks. It would add a whole new, unique, fun element to the defenses and create opportunities for a whole lot more synergy with other AOE defenses & effects.

Sure, there are a lot of pathways that are fairly linear and cannot really be diverted much, but in those cases you could still use the walls as a damage sink/reflect.