Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Forge Widening + Inventory Changes (Foundation 2)

Not sure if this goes here but DDe had an addition of filters that was GREAT

I realize there is a lot less loot, however, being able to filter gear by type really makes finding upgrades for gear much faster and easier

thanks

Although the changes asked about in this thread are positive changes to the current system, I feel that the current inventory system is not worth improving and an overhaul would be better.  If the discussion were to be opened up to making larger changes to the inventory system as a whole, I would gladly participate in that discussion.

I've only recently joined the game after the recent wave of email alpha keys were sent out. A bit too early for me to formulate any solid feel for the game yet, but I do have a couple of suggestions for the inventory interface, since it's a place you'll spend a fair bit of time as you develop your hero.

Please give us an option to remove the item tooltip delay and fade. If I am using the Forge to check which items might be upgrades for my hero, even if I first sell the ones that I know aren't useful for my build, it's still a bit irksome to hover over an item icon for a moment, wait for the fade-in, check stats, move to another item, fade-out, delay, fade-in... and so on. Pretty much any game with significant loot management - any ARPG you'd care to name, really - has instant tooltips without fading.

Consider making the bag "Configure" options more accessible, or iterate it out entirely. I wonder if you really need that button at all - it doubles the number of clicks you need to do anything.

A button or icon to rename a bag could appear as you hover over / select the titlebar of the bag. Using this button would take you to a textbox for the bag's name as well as the list of bag icons. With those two options removed from the Configure button, you could then replace Configure with the Sort dropbox, like so:

(EDIT: Oops, forum crops images, fair enough. Here's the full size image.)

0ca2a8445a.jpg

New player feedback here:

I agree, having to hover over items and wait a second in the Forge just to see what they are is tiresome, esp. in the early game when you find "good" items (that you might wanna equip) all the time. Why not allow us to see items properties instantly on left-click? Or disable the fade-in time?

I also agree with previous posters, that Hero stats/ Tower stats page needs to be shown next to inventory. so you can see the effect of items. Maybe make a button that opnes stats next to inventory (or checkbox). It's dreadful to click back and forth between Hero page and inventory for every item you try. And the worst thing is: Hero page isn't even openen on the stats tab, instead its opened on the general tab per default, requiring even more more click to see stats...