Sign in to follow this  
Batophobia

OFF TOPIC: Lets talk about different TV/Movies shall we?

Inspired by this post as well as this one, I figured we could expand into movies and TV.  Some ideas on what you might want to post about:

• Last Movie or Show you watched
  • Shout-out to a movie or show you really enjoyed
  • Movie or Show coming up that you are really excited about

Just finished Season 4 of Heroes, which ends all the episodes on Netflix.  Fantastic show the first couple seasons but kinda went downhill after that.

Really excited for the reboot, Heroes Reborn to come out later in 2015

Just finished Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Absolutely hilarious. If you enjoyed 30 Rock, you should check it out.

For anime im really enjoying.Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu  & Akatsuki no Yona from this season, pretty nice anime.

For TV series.i'm pretty much just waiting for Game of Thrones, nothing else really sparks an interest for me atm im really tempted to read the books but I don't want to kill it for myself.

@Batophobia quote:

Just in case there are some that haven't seen them, Log Horizon and Sword Art Online are both fantastic animes

Sword Art Online <3
The best non-stop watch i ever went through... Until today i'm still going through a feels trip that the anime made me go through.

Accell world is pretty awesome too!

@Dagnome quote:

@Batophobia quote:

Just in case there are some that haven't seen them, Log Horizon and Sword Art Online are both fantastic animes

I hated SAO, it had potential but it seems like they ran out of ideas or money and cut it way to short. 

I agree, was good till fairys 2nd season didnt even know what it wanted to be before it was to late.

@Wabi-Sabi quote:

I'm finishing up the last season of Misfits. Great show. Wonder how the american remake will do.

Misfits was so awesome at the first 2.. i stopped watching after nathan gone ;-; He had my heart 

@Gutu quote:

@Wabi-Sabi quote:

I'm finishing up the last season of Misfits. Great show. Wonder how the american remake will do.

Misfits was so awesome at the first 2.. i stopped watching after nathan gone ;-; He had my heart 

Yeah. I have to say I really started to fall for Rudy as well by season 4. The actor that plays him does such a good job with the split personality. 

Wow, I went to go post a thread about TV shows and then I saw this. What a nice coincidence. 

Last TV show: Boondocks

Last movie: Big Hero 6 (duh, shoutout for being the best movie ever released)

Prior to Boondocks, I watched House of Cards Season 3 which wasn't too bad. Focused a lot less of Frank being a total badass, but had quite a bit of character development. That season finale was pretty dang good.

@Dagnome quote:

@Batophobia quote:

I hated SAO, it had potential but it seems like they ran out of ideas or money and cut it way to short. 

Just for the record, the anime was based on the manga, but got heavily cropped for television. The original story spent a lot more time developing relationships between characters, and a lot more time resolving the major story arcs in a more satisfactory manner.

Last movie I watched: American Sniper. I was skeptical, but it lived up to the hype. 

Current show I'm watching: Steven Universe. It's a cartoon about a boy living with three magical gem-based women, with mysterious origins and motives. It started off slowly, with a 'slice-of-life' vibe which was enjoyable to watch casually. And the drama built up very gradually, with little hints in each episode suggesting parts of something bigger. This week it all came together, with a major conflict that answered many nagging questions and will likely lead to even more interesting adventures ahead. I can't wait to see what happens next!

hmmm... movies... 

I got some pretty weird fav movies:

• Almost Famous (like... i dunno.. maybe i just like rock'n'roll too much but i feel like the movie was awesome)
  • Jumper.. I liked it... I love teleporting...!
  • Lord Of the Rings
  • Star Wars 

I watched sat through Getaway starring Selena Gomez

tumblr_mqd3mpjQKT1rq03t7o1_500.jpg 

Worst movie I have ever seen sat on.

I guess they blew through their budget of hundreds of blown up cars so the end of the movie is legitimately a 10 minute 1 take, 1 shot car chase scene from a dash cam. 

[Spoiler Alert]: The twist ending is that there was never even a plot to begin with.

A 2% on RottenTomatoes' Tomatometer should speak for itself.

@Gutu quote:I got some pretty weird fav movies:
  • Lord Of the Rings
  • Star Wars 

Yup, totally weird movies to like there

I've been catching up watching Eureka, which is a great SciFi