Sign in to follow this  
Penguin man165

When will we get Local Co-Op?

@Penguin man165 quote:

Just wondering Dev's, I love the hard work and everything about his game.

We don't have an ETA on split-screen (local co-op) at the moment, but we know that it's something our players really want to see in the game. 

Cannot wait for local co-op, the only game I can play with my little brother is DD1 and he gets really annoyed watching me play DD2 and not being able to join in. So many fun hours to be had!

can't wait to leech myself :o Playing Co-op with yourself, *self five*

Companies should really start to consider local coop more readily now that steam link has been introduced.  Playing coach co op off the pc will never be easier.

SteamOS systems will really increase steams appeal to console players. Who doesnt want to play steam games on their huge TV with a controller via a dedicated machine? ; p

@iamisom quote:

@Penguin man165 quote:

Just wondering Dev's, I love the hard work and everything about his game.

We don't have an ETA on split-screen (local co-op) at the moment, but we know that it's something our players really want to see in the game. 

It's now June. You guys have additional content that you usually charge $100 for on sale for the summer sale but how about that same screen local co op? I've held off on playing so i can play it with my significant other. Is it ever going to happen? 

I really don't see the point of local co-op in a game that requires internet connection to play in the first place.

The game is free to play, so getting 2 copies is no issue. Obviously the only issue is if the user doesn't have 2 PC's to actually play the game on, but the game can be played on low end PC's so i really think the part of the community that wants local co-op is rather small.

@DKperfection quote:

I really don't see the point of local co-op in a game that requires internet connection to play in the first place.

The game is free to play, so getting 2 copies is no issue. Obviously the only issue is if the user doesn't have 2 PC's to actually play the game on, but the game can be played on low end PC's so i really think the part of the community that wants local co-op is rather small.

You completely ignore console players. Local co-op is a big deal to some folks.

@TheSmellyFist quote:

That's like saying you don't believe in abortions and forcing your opinion on to others.... 

I don't really see the comparison...

@DKperfection quote:

Its not the highest priority thing atm, clearly, but there is a pretty substantial portion of the community that wants co-op. You'd be surprised how many people would love to play split screen with their kid, partner, etc. And playing games with friends online is great and all, but I think most people would agree that its still always better when you can play in the same room.

Personaly don't care for splitscreen, but I can definately see the desire and merit.

@Dani quote:

@DKperfection quote:

You completely ignore console players. Local co-op is a big deal to some folks.

Don't the PS4 players already have splitscreen co-op?
I'm not ignoring the console players, i just thought they already had the splitscreen co-op.

My point is still valid about the local co-op part though. It will never be truly local if simply playing requires internet connection.

@DKperfection quote:

point is in farming with 4chars at once on one account! :D ...like in dd1