How can we improve the forum experience?

@iamisom quote:

We're re-evaluating the visuals and features of our forums, and we want your feedback. Is there anything we could change to improve the forum experience?

Please fix this:  https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/120308/why-can-i-not-turn-off-the-notifications

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SGRock quote:

@iamisom quote:

We're re-evaluating the visuals and features of our forums, and we want your feedback. Is there anything we could change to improve the forum experience?

Please fix this:  https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/120308/why-can-i-not-turn-off-the-notifications

Yet another week passes.......

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using forums for well over a decade, starting back when I was still on dial-up internet. This forum software is absolutely the worst I have ever had the displeasure of using. I used to be on the old forum several times per day, now I hate coming here. How anyone could choose this over the already working old forum is beyond me.

My solution is a very simple one, nuke it from orbit and go back to the old software.

Off the top of my head..

Would be nice to be able to use the back button on my browser instead of it redirecting back to the same page..

Weird effects when scrolling down/down the page too fast.

I guess... I'll just leave this here?

While I adore the style of the forum(seriously guys, awesome job on that front!), I am having a hard time to find the proper place to give the proper feedback for the game. Yes, there is a feedback forum, but I am having a hard time finding the exact topic to post each of my thoughts. I've tested many EA games lately, and in every one of them, there was a place where I could make my own topic, and post my thoughts in there. I really miss that here.

Call me lazy, but the big criticism here is that I do not see the place where I can just make my own topic to post my bunch of feedbacks!

@SGRock quote:

@SGRock quote:

@iamisom quote:

Another 2 weeks pass.....

- more personalizable profiles

- you guys can add steam/youtube/twitch icons to message screen if user added any. it feels... empty.

- bigger scrollbar

@SGRock quote:

@SGRock quote:

@SGRock quote:

@iamisom quote:

And another week passes

• 4 weeks later...

Since not much has changed, can we at least get forum signatures? WTT stop complaining about moonbase for this.

• 3 weeks later...

sigh seems none of the above has been brought back in, really would like to report toxic post or threads such as trolls, people pointing out the obvious in a rude tone and so on

Yea looks like they don't even care to read this section anymore, otherwise there would be some changes. So far after all the 7 months, barely anything has changed.

• 3 weeks later...

@SGRock quote:

@SGRock quote:

@SGRock quote:

@SGRock quote:

@iamisom quote:

And another week passes

Is anyone on the team responsible for forum improvements?

Does that person read this section of the forum?

Is the webmaster on strike? Someone go to his house and make sure he didn't drown in the bathtub or something. 

If he did die or quit please tell the next guy to get rid of daily influence points popups. The "x" doesn't work for me so I can't access DD2 forums at all.

Looking for life on this planet sir... no sign of it.

Duxter works on the forums in milestones. There will be some forum changes coming in the next month or two. 

• 2 weeks later...

Signatures and also a 0-5 gem rating system people can leave? (gems instead of stars)

Question: Why cant  i see pictures people post?

P.S great job on the game and forum so far, major fan :)

• 1 month later...
@MegaHamster7 quote:

Ban everyone who advocates keeping the hero deck in game then actually start listening to your audience, like you claim to do?

Hmm.  One second here.

@MegaHamster7 quote:

Ban everyone who doesn't advocate keeping the hero deck in game then actually start listening to your audience, like you claim to do?

Crap, I can't tell which one of these is more valid.
Gosh, maybe that's because both groups are part of their audience.

@MegaHamster7 quote:

But the people who want to keep it can just limit themselves to four heroes if that's what they enjoy. Trendy should just remove it.

Ah, but if its removed, then maps won't be balanced around the limited selection.  They'd be balanced under the consideration that there would be many heroes available.

It'd be like saying "well you can play DD1 without a summoner if you want to."  Some of those maps are balanced with the expectation that the summoner will be available, but the summoner is paid DLC, making those maps unwinnable without the summoner.

@Draco18s quote:
@MegaHamster7 quote:

But the people who want to keep it can just limit themselves to four heroes if that's what they enjoy. Trendy should just remove it.

Ah, but if its removed, then maps won't be balanced around the limited selection.  They'd be balanced under the consideration that there would be many heroes available.

It'd be like saying "well you can play DD1 without a summoner if you want to."  Some of those maps are balanced with the expectation that the summoner will be available, but the summoner is paid DLC, making those maps unwinnable without the summoner.

But you can play DD1 maps without the summoner! It's just more of a challenge. That's what people who want to keep the deck thrive on. And if they actually manage to beat it they'll get to boast on the forums and feel superior to people who want to abolish the hero deck. 

Both parties are happy if you abolish the hero deck.

@MegaHamster7 quote:But you can play DD1 maps without the summoner! It's just more of a challenge. That's what people who want to keep the deck thrive on. And if they actually manage to beat it they'll get to boast on the forums and feel superior to people who want to abolish the hero deck. 

Both parties are happy if you abolish the hero deck.

Not the ones that came out after the Summoner.  Their DU is about a third to a half lower to account for the extra MU resource.

And no, we can't boast on the forums about doing it on a lower hero count.  No one would care.  So get down off your high horse and treat everyone around here with a bit of respect, your opinion is not automatically better than anyone else's.

I'm not being disrespectful to anyone. You're being disrespectful assuming I think I'm better than everyone else. You have to resort to petty little jibes because you know your point is invalid in the face of my argument.

Time to remove that deck. Unleash the fun!

An official forum page dedicated to players looking for groups or communities of DD2 players.  At some times of the day it's almost impossible to find a group through the random match making, a forum where people can post LFGs or "clan" information would be hugely helpful for meeting up with other people and making friends other than through random match making luck

(if there is already one of these sections I was not able to find it with 5 minutes of looking)