Sign in to follow this  
Soul_Eater

Huntress traps and Monk auras

So i had an idea others have probably had but i just wanted to post if not but i was thinking why not have it so that there defenses deactivate instead of die when they run out of charges because in my opinion having a tower that cant stop minions and absorb damage shouldn't just break because no enemy have destroyed it just a thought thank you for time everyone have good day.

Well in DD1 auras broke also if their % went down to zero. Although the boost auras tend to get frustrating.

I mean tower buff means didn't drain just for buffing :)

Especially in maps like ramparts where you stack a lot of towers near the core. If you place a boost aura to hype 18 of your towers, the auras life simply drains hella too fast (IMO).

But I think electric auras are fine like that

[quote]If you place a boost aura to hype 18 of your towers, the auras life simply drains hella too fast[/quote]

So give up placing 18 towers inside one boost aura and spread your defenses around :P

Honestly while I would like that traps/auras just deactivate when they run out of charges it is really a small thing. It is very easy and cheap to upkeep them between waves or even during waves. A very minimal investment in tower health gets you enough charges to get through any current content.

Would that would take the negative side of using these defenses, they can't be targeted, however, traps are indeed quite annoying to keep an eye at, auras do not suffer from this, auras are already quite powerful, if they don't need to be watch over then they do really become OP specially since you won't waste mana.

But again, traps do require  a lot of an eye on it, but it's probably 'cause of the low health stats or health stat influence we have atm versus it's attack speed.

Don't forget that defense health is a stat that is currently useless on all towers except for auras and traps.  Games like this are all about finding a balance with stats that work.  Just deactivating auras and traps on loss of health/charges would completely trivialize the health stat and takes away the fun of finding that perfect balance that sacrifices just enough dps to keep your defenses alive.

@Omamba quote:

Don't forget that defense health is a stat that is currently useless on all towers except for auras and traps.  Games like this are all about finding a balance with stats that work.  Just deactivating auras and traps on loss of health/charges would completely trivialize the health stat and takes away the fun of finding that perfect balance that sacrifices just enough dps to keep your defenses alive.

it's not a balance monk has to worry about at all. Using electric auras as a primary defense with +0 defense health on gear means that you may have to worry about the health of tier 1 auras you placed before wave 1 on wave 5.

The only defenses where one might consider defense health a beneficial stat to gain over power or speed would be explosive traps and barricades. Where an electric aura at the front of a defense line may take 25-30% durability at +0 defense health from gear, an explosive trap would have run out of charges.