Sign in to follow this  
PandynatorDD

Do you want an option to turn auto aim off/on?

So apparently the QA team has pushed for this internally as they said on the live stream. I see no reason not to myself. I have on several occasions said to myself, uhm I did not aim THERE... 

So, do you want a toggle to turn auto aim off and on in the options menu?

I will put this in general, since it is more of an discussion than a suggestion made by me. Move it if you wish, but general gets more traffic.

On the last live stream they told us to make a post on the forums about it, so make your voice heard. I see no reason why they should not do it. 

If you by some miracle are against this, I would like to know why. And if you do want it, reply and say that you do, so they will know.

It should be an option.  Sometimes when using a controller it helps when it's on, and sometimes with mouse and keyboard it helps when its off.

I had suggested a toggle in the options menu roughly 9 months ago, I'm glad this finally caught fire with folks at Trendy.

Well this was answered in relation to my question on critical hits, so I'm defiantly for turning auto aim off or having it as an option. I cannot tell where my shots are hitting even though my cursor is dead on their head and when for example an ogre isn't moving and im hitting crits due to hitting his head, it would randomly not crit, so hence why I asked about is there a percentage chance to crit :L

I for one am all about the auto aim toggling. There NEEDS to be an option for this. BUT, there needs to be more to it. Like in DD1 there should be melee auto aim to help, melee step forward, and auto aim for ranged. All options to toggle. If only one can be done, auto aim in general. I want my headshots dangit!

Yes give us an autoaim toggle. I am honestly amazed that the game doesn't default to shoot where you aim. Especially with a crit system based on hitting specific parts of your target.

I can understand auto aim to be helpful as hell for controller players and as it tracks and can see where the mob is going to be granting your shot the ability to hit even when the enemy is moving without you doing the math due to the projectile slowish speed, however it loses some of the control and doesn't allow snipers to headshot (crit) at will, which is quite annoying.

So to sum up, having the choice is always neat, but this shouldn't make them give up on the auto-aim it should still be fixed, even if i would barely use it, it's still a very useful feature.

I'm all for an option to turn it off.  Can't tell you how many times I tried to shoot an environmental trap only to have auto-aim target an enemy instead.  Especially true for those tiny pressure valves in the sewers.

Having Given I try to auto lead my targets still. I would love to have an option to switch it off. I'm assuming that at some point they will be having projectiles travel at different speed via weapon and item stats perhaps. If the auto-aim could lead the targets with that included I could see some use in having it still there as well.