Sign in to follow this  
Uggi4

OFF TOPIC: Lets talk about different games shall we?

@Valthejean quote:

@Omamba quote:

I didn't like 8 for the sole reason that every fight went like this: summon your guardian force, spam button as fast as you can, repeat.

I didn't like anything after X-2 because it starts to get away from the traditional RPG style turn based combat (the most fun IMO) and started having you control only 1 character with the rest given an AI.  Hell, XIII (i think) had auto-battle as an ability, which said it picked the best move for the situation.  That is just not fun for me.

Well, that strategy with the GFs works in the early game/lower levels, but once you hit the harder things, all of a sudden your GFs become vastly inferior compared to what they used to be, then the game inflicts great and terrible punishment upon you.

I keep trying to like XIII, I really do.  But it just makes me want to kick a puppy.  I keep coming back to it hoping that it isn't as sucky as it used to be...but every single time I'm disappointed.  Why do I keep falling for this?  I have no idea.

I really liked XIII because of the fighting. It requires quick reactions and a good strategy, though this is also people's bigger complaints (aside from the linear story line which everyone thinks is new even though every FF I played had a linear story line). I hated the gameplay of 10 after you get towards the end. It's just spamming quick hit and having 2 characters with auto phoenix downs. 

I also quite enjoyed the gambit system of XII because I really enjoyed setting up gambits prior to the fight so I didn't need to do anything in the fight. It let me play the game more as a strategy game which was fun.

@curtisgk quote:

@Valthejean quote:

@Omamba quote:

I didn't like 8 for the sole reason that every fight went like this: summon your guardian force, spam button as fast as you can, repeat.

I didn't like anything after X-2 because it starts to get away from the traditional RPG style turn based combat (the most fun IMO) and started having you control only 1 character with the rest given an AI.  Hell, XIII (i think) had auto-battle as an ability, which said it picked the best move for the situation.  That is just not fun for me.

Well, that strategy with the GFs works in the early game/lower levels, but once you hit the harder things, all of a sudden your GFs become vastly inferior compared to what they used to be, then the game inflicts great and terrible punishment upon you.

I keep trying to like XIII, I really do.  But it just makes me want to kick a puppy.  I keep coming back to it hoping that it isn't as sucky as it used to be...but every single time I'm disappointed.  Why do I keep falling for this?  I have no idea.

I really liked XIII because of the fighting. It requires quick reactions and a good strategy, though this is also people's bigger complaints (aside from the linear story line which everyone thinks is new even though every FF I played had a linear story line). I hated the gameplay of 10 after you get towards the end. It's just spamming quick hit and having 2 characters with auto phoenix downs. 

I also quite enjoyed the gambit system of XII because I really enjoyed setting up gambits prior to the fight so I didn't need to do anything in the fight. It let me play the game more as a strategy game which was fun.

For me, X was having Yuna double cast Ultima.  Was thoroughly enjoyable.  That, and Blitzball was surprisingly addictive.

God damn blitzball took over my life even though my team was Tidus and the Al Bhed Psyches. My team got to the point where every game ended 7-0 and I never lost.

@curtisgk quote:

God damn blitzball took over my life even though my team was Tidus and the Al Bhed Psyches. My team got to the point where every game ended 7-0 and I never lost.

Yea, you can't lose with the Jecht shot (Who needs a team?).  

@Batophobia quote:

Candy Box is a great time waster, if you like incremental games.

Been doing Clicker Heroes for awhile now.

Was into Cookie Clicker for a bit, but the creator has since stopped updating it.

@curtisgk quote:

I really liked XIII because of the fighting. It requires quick reactions and a good strategy, though this is also people's bigger complaints (aside from the linear story line which everyone thinks is new even though every FF I played had a linear story line). 

Well, not necessarily.  People hated the linear *hallways*, not that the story itself was linear.  It didn't even try to hide how linear it was.  Not to mention the characters are so gratingly emo that I wish I had a power tool to drill through my skull every time they speak.

The combat didn't seem very intuitive to me at all really.  It's just spamming attack until you reach gran pulse, grind off the one battle you can actually WIN until you're maxed out then go back to spamming attack.  The game offers no real transition to different strategies, and spends 50 something hours rewarding you for techniques that it punishes you for later.

@Omamba quote:
@Batophobia quote:

Candy Box is a great time waster, if you like incremental games.

Been doing Clicker Heroes for awhile now.

Was into Cookie Clicker for a bit, but the creator has since stopped updating it.

Both of those are great.  I made an incremental based on Minecraft if you want to try out that.  Always appreciate feedback :D

@Omamba quote:

I thought the same when I played it first. But after trying it again (actually I wanted to continue sometimes) I found out summoning GF is exactly the way we shouldn't play. Using Limit Breakers is way easier. Doing so made me beat Diablos and Cactuar without the slightest problems quite soon. There is even a steam achievement for finishing the game on Squall's initial level. ^^ (enemies get stronger as you level up, but way more than you get better stats - so you improve yourself by using gf + the drawed magic)

About Pokémon... I have tried a Pokémon Arena game on Nintendo 64 because I was curious about this but ... it felt mainly as if I should just learn every Pokémon's weaknesses and strenghtes and use it. That's it. Maybe the game itself was just bad.

And Zelda... I played Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past but I did not finish it because I am the wrong target group for this. I need games where I can level up. I want exp. ^^ At Zelda it makes no difference if I just run away from every single common enemy.

Au contraire. In Zelda, if you run away from everything, it makes the puzzles MUCH harder, since you're trying to run and solve at the same time, AND it deprives you of Rupees. Rupees can let you (in Skyward Sword, quite possibly my fav) buy upgrades for your secondary weapons, buy newer and different shields,buy ammo for your ranged weapons, and (in Twilight Princess) lets you buy certain pieces of armor and stuff like that. Rupees are FAR more useful than you might think.

Final Fantasy XIV. It's amazing! I'm playing as an Arcanist (going Summoner once I hit 30 and get Thaumaturge to 15), and I love micro'ing with my spells and my Carbuncle. It's a GREAT MMO, and I absolutely love it. It feels like a Final Fantasy game and it's amazing.

@Trickless quote:

the only reason i go back to FF8 is bc of the amazing card game

FF14 has Triple Triad and Chocobo Racing now, my life is complete. (it also has chocobo breeding, yussssssss)

What about World Of Warcraft?

I started playing around when WoTLK hit PTR and absolutely fell in love with the game, but I was too young at the time to even keep a character going and constantly level him/her up and not having to rage quit and create another toon.

I started watching Sodapoppin (known for his WoW streams and how much of a cuck he is) and then I came to realize that I should start playing more, I actually still play to this day with several maxed out level 110's in the Legion expansion.

@Zombie_Gamer quote:

Id gladly discuss or play with anyone who shares these interests:

Minecraft (Even have my own survival vanilla server)

Fallout 3 and New Vegas

Counter Strike: Source

Skyrim

Pokemon

Eve

Borderlands 1 and 2

Mount and Blade  

I have a WoW account, but don't get on often at all. My Diablo 3 account on the PS4 is pretty developed, but my PS4 broke, and my PC Diablo3 account barely has anything currently.

I remember playing minecraft 2 years ago, when I was 9. Now i'm actually 13, but sound like 16/17..

Anyways, I liked minecraft and when I got home from school I would play it with my 'online friends' usually playing hunger games or mini-games.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas I actually haven't played yet. I have a download for Fallout 3 on my xbox one (because I bought Fallout 4 and it just came with it) Fallout 4 for me was actually fun but I thought it wasn't actually going to get me addicted until the story line caught me by surprise. I got to a point where I'm now stuck in this one mission :/ Idk what to do..

CSGO, all I can say is that I suck.

Skyrim, haven't played much to give an honest opinion

Pokémon, sorry I know you would hate me but I haven't liked it that much to enjoy it.

Eve? I honestly don't know what that is either.

Borderlands 2 was sooo fun. I would stay up all night and play with my friends in skype calls, we would be farming infinite pistols and leveling up our alt characters. I got to a point where I modded the game and made my characters level 10,000 somehow and then I bought all dlc :D sadly I haven't played the 1st game but I did play pre-sequel... Haven't finished it yet.

Mount and Blade: I only had a free trial of the game and I don't plan on buying it.