Sign in to follow this  
Uggi4

OFF TOPIC: Lets talk about different games shall we?

@Valthejean quote:

@In.Session quote:

Recettear: an item shop tale, pretty fun but sadly I rekt it but there was another game Fortune Summoners which came in the pack which is a side scrolling rpg i cant quite get the controls down but once I do ill smash it, i usually play them with a controller well alt tabbing between that and dd2.

I play a ton of other rpg's such as Suikoden, Star ocean, Wild arms, Breath of fire, Legend of Dragoon and ofc FF 6 7 & 8 every now and then, and speed run Tomba! a favorite game of my childhood every now and then.

Capitalism, HO!  Love that game.

And you can't go wrong with some classic Final Fantasy (Happy to see I'm not the only person who actually LIKED 8)

8 wasn't bad, had a good story. I am a huge fan of 3 (or 5 depending where you live). Mog's and GoGo and who can forget that a main character commits suicide? Things started to go downhill around Final Fantasy X and beyond.

@Dagnome quote:

8 wasn't bad, had a good story. I am a huge fan of 3 (or 5 depending where you live). Mog's and GoGo and who can forget that a main character commits suicide? Things started to go downhill around Final Fantasy X and beyond.

Honestly I'd say the decline started at 11.  I really loved X and X-2 (I DON'T CARE I LIKE PLAYING DRESSUP)

But yeah, 6 was my favorite out of all of them.  Shadow 4life.

@Valthejean quote:

@Dagnome quote:

Honestly I'd say the decline started at 11.  I really loved X and X-2 (I DON'T CARE I LIKE PLAYING DRESSUP)

But yeah, 6 was my favorite out of all of them.  Shadow 4life.

7 was my favorite, probably because it was the first RPG I ever played.  X was great, X-2 wasn't bad.  The non-MMO's after all sucked (didn't really play the MMO's at all).

Think FF7 was my first RPG I got really captivated in... and the first one to make me shed a tear. But they are midway down my list of top rpg's. but im glad i played it cause it open'd me up to an entire world of games with lush storys.

Isom, you need to play Final Fantasy. The franchise is great. Most people will hate me because I thoroughly enjoyed FF XIII. X > VII > XIII > XIV >  XII > XI > XIII-2 > X-2. I've been meaning to play the rest. Currently playing through XIII Lightning Returns and I'm really enjoying it. Quite a bit different and I am loving the gameplay. Would probably rank between XIV and XIII. Note that I loved them all a lot and they all rank very closely together except for X which beats them all by far. X-2 was fun, but the multiple playthroughs and needing a guide to get 100% did annoy me quite a bit.

@Valthejean quote:Capitalism, HO!  Love that game.

And you can't go wrong with some classic Final Fantasy (Happy to see I'm not the only person who actually LIKED 8)

I really liked 8 ...though  I have only played 8 and 10 so far. For me 10 was rather a movie in which I was allowed to play a bit now and then. Maybe I overexxageragted it a bit by trying to level up all my characters to 999.999hp.

At FF8 it was also a weird moment for me when I realized it is NOT good to level up. ^^ Maybe I'll try playing FF7 sometimes. Everybody says it is really great.

Ff7 was great for many reasons, it was an important game in gaming history (Graphically It took games to another level) but story wise it was one of the best games in RPG history (I think). If you havent played it then your missing out, you can grab it on steam for like $6 or something like that.

I didn't like 8 for the sole reason that every fight went like this: summon your guardian force, spam button as fast as you can, repeat.

I didn't like anything after X-2 because it starts to get away from the traditional RPG style turn based combat (the most fun IMO) and started having you control only 1 character with the rest given an AI.  Hell, XIII (i think) had auto-battle as an ability, which said it picked the best move for the situation.  That is just not fun for me.

At the moment I'm playing WoW with friends (mostly raids and the daily log ins), DD2 when the new patch hits, Heroes of the Storm now and then, Dragon Ball Xenoverse but the grind is real, and sometimes D3. Still haven't played much Dragon Age Inquisition, and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire is also on the waiting list.

In terms of Final Fantasy, I barely played anyway prior to FFX, but that one was awesome! Tried the FFXIII thingy and I couldn't have much fun with it, BUT in case people are looking for an awesome JRPG ... Bravely Default.

This guy knows what they're talking about with Bravely Default. Red Mage/Monk, Time Mage/White Mage, Ninja/Performer, and Swordmaster/Magic Fencer is my fave party. Gotta love bosses suiciding themselves on Edea's counterattacks and her healing to full because Drain is on her weapon and Ringabel constantly taunting enemies onto her. <3

FF13 kinda ruined the franchise with emo pink-haired soldiers, tbh.

Now, if I'm going to add anything new to the discussion...

I'd say It's a Wipe! is a great game for the PC, and it's only 5 dollars. You get to play a guild leader in this one fantasy "MMO" with no actual players, but there's characters named "Treehumpr" and "Stabbington" and "Burninator" and all that lovely stuff. You have to pick a balanced party comp to beat the bosses, and you have to carefully manage loot drops so nobody rages too much and the mage doesn't decide he's the tank.

@Leidiriv quote:

This guy knows what they're talking about with Bravely Default. Red Mage/Monk, Time Mage/White Mage, Ninja/Performer, and Swordmaster/Magic Fencer is my fave party. Gotta love bosses suiciding themselves on Edea's counterattacks and her healing to full because Drain is on her weapon and Ringabel constantly taunting enemies onto her. <3

FF13 kinda ruined the franchise with emo pink-haired soldiers, tbh.

Now, if I'm going to add anything new to the discussion...

I'd say It's a Wipe! is a great game for the PC, and it's only 5 dollars. You get to play a guild leader in this one fantasy "MMO" with no actual players, but there's characters named "Treehumpr" and "Stabbington" and "Burninator" and all that lovely stuff. You have to pick a balanced party comp to beat the bosses, and you have to carefully manage loot drops so nobody rages too much and the mage doesn't decide he's the tank.

Is it on steam?

[[2694,hashtags]]
[[2695,hashtags]]
[[2696,hashtags]]
[[2697,hashtags]]
[[2698,hashtags]]
[[2699,hashtags]]

@Gutu quote:

[[2694,hashtags]]
[[2695,hashtags]]
[[2696,hashtags]]
[[2697,hashtags]]
[[2698,hashtags]]
[[2699,hashtags]]

Transformice isnt only for kids weow.
[[2701,hashtags]] aka [[2702,hashtags]] > until you came
>GamerLyfe aka [[2703,hashtags]] > ♥

Yes, even I am confused.

Sinking lots of time into the WiiU remake of Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.  Hadn't played the original, but really enjoying it.

I got rid of my xbox one for a Wii U mainly due ot kids and Destiny was such a let down. I play Super Smash Bros (Duh) Mario Kart 8 and a mix of other games. I am pretty stoked for the Zelda MMO they are supposedly making. 

I'm probably going to get hated on for this, but pokemon isn't all that great and Zelda is overrated. I've played 5 pokemon games and disliked all of them and Zelda is okay but not nearly as good as everyone claims.

@curtisgk quote:

I'm probably going to get hated on for this, but pokemon isn't all that great and Zelda is overrated. I've played 5 pokemon games and disliked all of them and Zelda is okay but not nearly as good as everyone claims.

Meh, everyone has their own tastes.  No different than me liking vanilla and you liking chocolate.

Still, hyped for the Zelda WiiU ^_^

@curtisgk quote:

Shun the non believer! Well sir, you are more then entitled to your own opinions and you will not receive any hate from me for expressing them. I love both those franchises (I have a lvl 100 shiny pikachu with surf that I received for catching all 493 pokemon in Diamond and Pearl) but I can see why others might not. For a really good discussion on the Legend of Zelda and its flaws, go watch Egoraptor's video "Sequelitis". It is a very impressive breakdown of the games and manages to be very entertaining as well. I would say it is my favorite YouTube video of all time because of just how well it is put together. Link to this video below: 

@Dagnome quote:

I would take my lvl 100 cloister vs any Pokemon, any day lol.

I don't know my friend, cloyster is amazing, but this is Red's pikachu. It is a beast.

@Omamba quote:

I didn't like 8 for the sole reason that every fight went like this: summon your guardian force, spam button as fast as you can, repeat.

I didn't like anything after X-2 because it starts to get away from the traditional RPG style turn based combat (the most fun IMO) and started having you control only 1 character with the rest given an AI.  Hell, XIII (i think) had auto-battle as an ability, which said it picked the best move for the situation.  That is just not fun for me.

Well, that strategy with the GFs works in the early game/lower levels, but once you hit the harder things, all of a sudden your GFs become vastly inferior compared to what they used to be, then the game inflicts great and terrible punishment upon you.

I keep trying to like XIII, I really do.  But it just makes me want to kick a puppy.  I keep coming back to it hoping that it isn't as sucky as it used to be...but every single time I'm disappointed.  Why do I keep falling for this?  I have no idea.

@Valthejean quote:

@Omamba quote:

Well, that strategy with the GFs works in the early game/lower levels, but once you hit the harder things, all of a sudden your GFs become vastly inferior compared to what they used to be, then the game inflicts great and terrible punishment upon you.

I keep trying to like XIII, I really do.  But it just makes me want to kick a puppy.  I keep coming back to it hoping that it isn't as sucky as it used to be...but every single time I'm disappointed.  Why do I keep falling for this?  I have no idea.

Because us FF fans fall for anything with "Square Enix" in the credits. ^-^

@Valthejean quote:

This kind of thing happens to me when I get food at my college food court. The Mac & Cheese always looks so good and I always get it, but it is never really good. It got to the point where my fiance has to stop me from getting it. :P

On-Topic: GF spamming doesn't work in the later part of FF VIII, but when that happens you just switch to the super effective "keep Squall at yellow health so he can start the battle with Renzokuken and hope you get Lionheart" technique. 10/10 would do again, and again. This strategy can single-handedly defeat the final boss in the game.