Sign in to follow this  
Einzel Wolf

What heros would you like to see return or make an appearance(s) in DD2

personally i would love to see ev make a return in a i don't know a 3.0 version of her self. 

I don't know about anyone else but i found her both a soloble character and a very good team player with her upgrade beams.

I actually hated both the EV and the summoner.  It's the part where everyone pushes them from an optional  part of the build to a necessary part of every build. 

I really liked the EV's design. The defenses... were quite cool but they are not that necessary, I think. I just hope someone with similar to the EV's design will come.

@Einzel Wolf quote:

tbh I never really saw summoner played much(could have just me) but I remember some people played him very well.

Summoner was some kind of a must-have because you literally wasted MU if you did not play him. I have seen (rather rarely) some people playing no summoner in their endgame-builds but mostly summoner and sometimes even summoner-only. As far as I know that is one of the reasons most people see him as gamebreaking.

I did love the summoner but he slowed the game down a lot having his own unit count. If they reworked him to have very few summons but they followed you around or something. As he was in DD1 I wouldn't want him in DD2.

Ev was fun the buff beams were amazing you built with her in mind every location. I feel it would be an overlap with monk at the moment.

Things I see that could be added.

Oil traps since currently electrocution and shatter are the only consistent combos.

All heroes could get back in DD2, just with refined abilities. They all added substantialy new playing style to the game.

I guess EV could make it with little changes.

Barb needs tweaking, especially for lightning stance. Summoner could be balanced and adjusted to new gameplay too.

Jester is weirdo and can wait for later, but I still enjoyed playing with them as a builder and DPS as well.

@Warmonger quote:Jester is weirdo and can wait for later.

Nope. Well I mean it doesn't have to wait longer than the other heroes. It's probably my most played character, it's also the character I see the most in DD1.

@Warmonger quote:

All heroes could get back in DD2, just with refined abilities. They all added substantialy new playing style to the game.

I guess EV could make it with little changes.

Barb needs tweaking, especially for lightning stance. Summoner could be balanced and adjusted to new gameplay too.

Jester is weirdo and can wait for later, but I still enjoyed playing with them as a builder and DPS as well.

Definitely agree!

Would love to see them all, they just needed some tweaks to match the balance system of DD2 and we'd be good, barbarian could have some nature like towers? 
There's no end on how creative you could be with jester summoner ev and barbarian if you think of them and re make by doing what was done with the initial 4 heroes. It can be awesome.

Definitely a pure damage hero, individually melee and ranged and maybe a hero that's both melee and ranged.

A hero that can make one tower extremely powerful for a certain amount of time, weaken enemies in a certain location (DD1 monk aura) and other kinds of buffs, Bard maybe?

Personal opinion:  I really want the Man and Machine from the MOBA to come back. I think my love for this hero is well-documented. 

I still use my Man and Machine mousepad. 

RIP, you lovable fiend.

Personally, I'd like to see the old gender swapped characters, but with some real new flaire to them.  Rather than just building the same towers, I'd love to see them have their own variants to go with them.

At the same time...with the hero deck the way it is I don't want ANY new characters XD

@Valthejean quote:

Personally, I'd like to see the old gender swapped characters, but with some real new flaire to them.  Rather than just building the same towers, I'd love to see them have their own variants to go with them.

At the same time...with the hero deck the way it is I don't want ANY new characters XD

Agree witht he hero deck; but i think the counter part gender characters should be skins. 

@iamisom quote:

Personal opinion:  I really want the Man and Machine from the MOBA to come back. I think my love for this hero is well-documented. 

RIP, you lovable fiend.

I'm so glad you guys stopped making DD2 a MOBA.  That does look like an interesting hero though.  Perhaps he could be the Tavernkeep's relative?

@Batophobia quote:

@iamisom quote:

RIP, you lovable fiend.

I'm so glad you guys stopped making DD2 a MOBA.  That does look like an interesting hero though.  Perhaps he could be the Tavernkeep's relative?

Are you saying that just 'cause he's big? >_>

@Gutu quote:Are you saying that just 'cause he's big? >_>

Nope.  It just reminds me of the Tavernkeep and his plane from Shards.  I get the feeling that the Tavernkeep is an inventor.

@Batophobia quote:

Nope.  It just reminds me of the Tavernkeep and his plane from Shards.  I get the feeling that the Tavernkeep is an inventor.

He's certainly a crafty individual. Not only did he build a functioning biplane, but he also built a smaller model version and fit it inside a bottle. I wish I had that level of do-it-yourself tenacity and talent.

I also would like to see the gender swapped heroes, even if they are only skins. I mostly used the Initiate and Countess to build and the Adept on occasion.

The Barbarian was mostly useless to me as all the special moves had me taking my hands off the movement keys to use them. I suppose a game controller would have worked better.

The other 3 were all game breakers and really did not fit in with the existing lore of Etheria.

Some of the characters from the MOBA looked interesting.

How about if an Apprentice- or Monk-like character could rally a group of Shroomites or fairies to the fight? Shroomites could be able to weaken enemies and the fairies could slow them.

@iamisom quote:

@Batophobia quote:

He's certainly a crafty individual. Not only did he build a functioning biplane, but he also built a smaller model version and fit it inside a bottle. I wish I had that level of do-it-yourself tenacity and talent.

Why did you have to kill him Josh? WHY

Summoner! But not dd1 style with unique DU, dde style and with some awesome new minions (but keep archers and mages please, or a variant, works perfectly with the whole resists thing)

@iamisom quote:

RIP, you lovable fiend.

I was literally about to say the same thing! I used him in the MOBA alpha and thought he was my favorite character to use XD 

@happyguy3216 quote:

@iamisom quote:

RIP, you lovable fiend.

I was literally about to say the same thing! I used him in the MOBA alpha and thought he was my favorite character to use XD 

Right? I loved that he had an ability called Pocket Rocket. LOL