marco_DD_001.png

Then 40 seconds into the game, this happens, never happened to me before in my 20 hours play time.

marco_DD.png

Just trying to figure out whats going on..

Lots of crashes lately involving squire builds for ramparts incursions. I know they're aware and working on it. It's just one of the devils of the pre-alpha phase that will be worked out in time.

@Renekou quote:

Lots of crashes lately involving squire builds for ramparts incursions. I know they're aware and working on it. It's just one of the devils of the pre-alpha phase that will be worked out in time.

so he is not cheating/hacking?

In regards to the tower stats? I saw that earlier today too, but after a wave or two, my info properly reflected the stats for the builder's towers. Not sure what is causing that, but seems harmless enough for now. 

@TGcreepn quote:

@Renekou quote:

so he is not cheating/hacking?

Your client crashing shouldn't be interpreted as anyone else possibly cheating or hacking. Compared to DD1 it's not a simple thing to do and you should be giving people benefit of the doubt unless you see something really wrong, like towers actually doing 10 million dps or exploding candy raining from the sky (both of which I made up to be clear!).

this has nothing to do with steam overlay. It simply happens when person that build those towers crashes or leaves before u join the game (the tooltip of towers gets broken, but towers are stil doing a lot more damage then it says).

Crash was most likely caused by the balistas, u will see a lot of those crashes with balista builds, i suggest u avoid them until this gets fixed.

@Jaromir quote:

this has nothing to do with steam overlay. It simply happens when person that build those towers crashes or leaves before u join the game (the tooltip of towers gets broken, but towers are stil doing a lot more damage then it says).

Crash was most likely caused by the balistas, u will see a lot of those crashes with balista builds, i suggest u avoid them until this gets fixed.

Its not the ballista.  I've been posting about this in the pinned "Crashes" thread in the bug forum.  Same crashes have happened using only cannons, only poison dart towers, only fireball towers...the only way I dont crash is turning all graphic options to low/off in windowed mode.  Anything else and game will crash.  Can happen in any round from a few seconds in first round to last ogre fights.  Also happens in Ruins map.

@Jaromir quote:

I meant the crash.  Sorry.  It usually helps if you have that off.  At least my DD2 on wine/arch linux stop crashing after I turn that off. 

@nmeofdst8 quote:

@Jaromir quote:

Its not the ballista.  I've been posting about this in the pinned "Crashes" thread in the bug forum.  Same crashes have happened using only cannons, only poison dart towers, only fireball towers...the only way I dont crash is turning all graphic options to low/off in windowed mode.  Anything else and game will crash.  Can happen in any round from a few seconds in first round to last ogre fights.  Also happens in Ruins map.

With all cannons/fireballs I have never seen a crash; dozens of malthius incursions without a crash from me or the people I'm playing with.  I can consistently crash people, including myself, with ballistae, especially if I add in cannons as well.  Saying it's not the ballista when there's plenty of evidence supporting that it is...Your crashing is likely not related to the crash most are having.

Also, I can't tell you how many times somebody has said "crash?  what crash?  I never crash" only to crash a wave or two later during my tests.

@lordrahl quote:

@nmeofdst8 quote:

@Jaromir quote:

With all cannons/fireballs I have never crashed; dozens of malthius incursions without a crash from me or the people I'm playing with.  I can consistently crash people, including myself, with ballistae.  Your crashing is likely not related to the crash most are having.

Its exactly the same crash.  The error report that pops up is the same.  Ive ran probably 40 times no issue using a 9 ballista build with low/off graphics.  If I turn them back on, crash.  The crash is affecting both AMD/Intel processors and both AMD/Nvidia cards.They must be getting close to a solution by now.