Sign in to follow this  
ChilledFrench

Why is trendy so stubborn about matchmaking?

Why won't they bring the lobby list like DD1, it was SO MUCH BETTER. Everyone i talk too agrees. If the community agrees, why is trendy so stubborn about keeping such an obnoxious system?

they admitted that the matchmaking isn't in a place they like, but before moving on to the server list type (which is not 100% confirmed to come or not) they want to get matchmaking right, since it's pre-alpha i can really understand this, some features take priority to others, like loot balance takes priority over trading, 'cause trading would mess up the feedback of the loot.

Having a server list will simply make everyone leave the broken matchmaking that if maybe the matchmaking was properly fixed and made a lot of people would use and like;

I'm not defending this stance or anything, i'm just sharing the answer we got a while back, which i can understand, but i still want th server list (tho i can wait).

@Gutu quote:

they admitted that the matchmaking isn't in a place they like, but before moving on to the server list type (which is not 100% to come or not) they want to get matchmaking right, since it's pre-alpha i can really understand this, some features take priority to others, like loot balance takes priority over trading, 'cause trading would mess up the feedback of the loot.

Having a server list will simply make everyone leave the broken matchmaking that if maybe the matchmaking was properly fixed and made a lot of people would use and like;

I'm not defending this stance or anything, i'm just sharing the answer we got a while back, which i can understand, but i still want th server list (tho i can wait).

"i'd be putting my influence points in gutus server list suggestion if i could"

but as a server list would also need some kind of good matchmaking for the people who dont knew or dont want to look through thousnds of servers when the game becomes free to play its a good point made here... it needs to be good and the longer the people are forced to use this system the more feedback will arrive...

But some people want to build, some don't, some want to build alone but play with others, some want to play specific maps. matchmaking simply doesn't allow those choices. It will always be random placement which is bad for this type of game imo

There should be a server list like in DD1 for sure.

However, as you're all talking about that this server list requires matchmaking i completely disagree.
Instead you should just type in what you we're looking for ( Filter ) so it only showed up for people searching that game, fitting thoose stuffs.

Like you could choose between theese thing that you we're looking for:
* Type: Fighter - Builder - Leecher
* Class: Monk / Squire / Huntress / Apprentice
* Level range: 1-25
* Objective: Farming / Progression / etc

And stuff like that.

This would also make it easier to implent trading later on ( if it is going to turn out as i want it ^^ )

@ChilledFrench quote:

But some people want to build, some don't, some want to build alone but play with others, some want to play specific maps. matchmaking simply doesn't allow those choices. It will always be random placement which is bad for this type of game imo

I understand.. which is exactly why i suggested something like this to be implemented. 

@Kazoon ツ quote:

There should be a server list like in DD1 for sure.

However, as you're all talking about that this server list requires matchmaking i completely disagree.
Instead you should just type in what you we're looking for ( Filter ) so it only showed up for people searching that game, fitting thoose stuffs.

Like you could choose between theese thing that you we're looking for:
* Type: Fighter - Builder - Leecher
* Class: Monk / Squire / Huntress / Apprentice
* Level range: 1-25
* Objective: Farming / Progression / etc

And stuff like that.

This would also make it easier to implent trading later on ( if it is going to turn out as i want it ^^ )

yeah that would be great =)

Going abit off topic here, but Gutu, are you working for trendy ? :p
I've seen you everywhere, you're like the most active user on the forums, same time as i've hear'd them on dev stream mentioning you :b

@Kazoon ツ quote:

I've seen you everywhere, you're like the most active user on the forums, same time as i've hear'd them on dev stream mentioning you :b

Just a fan-active-boy, living in a lonely forum
He took the time off to read all the threads
hahhahah :P
Nah just another person who loves dungeon defenders a lot 

@Kazoon ツ quote:

i think he is just trendys siri or the ghost of some former employe spooking arround all over the place

Edit: stop ninjaing me!

@Gutu quote:

@Kazoon ツ quote:

Just a fan-active-boy, living in a lonely forum
He took the time off to read all the threads
hahhahah :P
Nah just another person who loves dungeon defenders a lot 

Really nice to see tho :)

@lunee quote:

@Kazoon ツ quote:

i think he is just trendys siri or the ghost of some former employe spooking arround all over the place

Edit: stop ninjaing me!

Haha.. I love this forum :D

@ChilledFrench quote:

And some people just want to get into a match quickly be clicking what will likely be a "Quick match" button or something like that in the future, and THAT is where matchmaking comes in, and need to be as good as possible, and by forcing us to use that matchmaking for now during pre-alpha they can get as much feedback and info of it as possibly. The fact is during pre-alpha you cant expect a finished product

@GummiBear quote:

@ChilledFrench quote:

And some people just want to get into a match quickly be clicking what will likely be a "Quick match" button or something like that in the future, and THAT is where matchmaking comes in, and need to be as good as possible, and by forcing us to use that matchmaking for now during pre-alpha they can get as much feedback and info of it as possibly. The fact is during pre-alpha you cant expect a finished product

I see your point now, i would agree with you if regular server list would come in the future.

@Gutu quote:

The funny part is, by your own statements you pinpoint the flaw. "if there were a server list people would ignore matchmaking", what does that say? You see it as, we should fix match matching because they may like it, when the counter-argument, and I believe the correct one, is that people prefer a server list. Particularly in this type of game. Matchmaking may work in MOBAs because there are people that want a quick pug style play, it's PvP, and provides, while not perfect, at least a decent system of rating skill and history for players so you are relatively equally matched, provided no-one games the system.

DD is not PvP, in fact the very nature of the game does not really support co-op play. Most co-op play is people who know one another(guilds please) or a pug system where one person builds and others DPS or upgrade/defend. In the few pugs where multiple people build it ends up as chaos, leavers, or luck. The server list would be the best of both worlds. Those who just want to join can matchmake, maybe with a few options like DPS/Build/Whatever, and others can create a server. Ideally when you make a server the host can specify, build,upgrade/repair,none. or something like that. This way people know exactly what they are getting into ahead of time and the match making system can still pull off of it.

@rangoth quote:

@Gutu quote:

The funny part is, by your own statements you pinpoint the flaw. "if there were a server list people would ignore matchmaking", what does that say? You see it as, we should fix match matching because they may like it, when the counter-argument, and I believe the correct one, is that people prefer a server list. Particularly in this type of game. Matchmaking may work in MOBAs because there are people that want a quick pug style play, it's PvP, and provides, while not perfect, at least a decent system of rating skill and history for players so you are relatively equally matched, provided no-one games the system.

DD is not PvP, in fact the very nature of the game does not really support co-op play. Most co-op play is people who know one another(guilds please) or a pug system where one person builds and others DPS or upgrade/defend. In the few pugs where multiple people build it ends up as chaos, leavers, or luck. The server list would be the best of both worlds. Those who just want to join can matchmake, maybe with a few options like DPS/Build/Whatever, and others can create a server. Ideally when you make a server the host can specify, build,upgrade/repair,none. or something like that. This way people know exactly what they are getting into ahead of time and the match making system can still pull off of it.

While that maybe true, there are people who enjoy a matchmaking system instead of just a server list, and honestly having both would be the best, so for now let's work on what matters, 'cause most of them would leave it because it's not working as intended, once it is, maybe it can pair up to the idea of a server list, but anyway, a server list should still be there and i believe it will when the time comes and matchmaking has reached it's place.