Sign in to follow this  
Hecate

Legendary Itemization

So I am seeing threads saying Legendaries are too common and RNG stats are making most of them bad. These people have a point, I have an idea to fix it.

Make Legendaries rare again. Give them set stats. Make a Legendary for each map. Give every Legendary something unique but fun like the current weapons but go wild with it.  For a few examples, give us a chest armor that can proc a stun to nearby enemies when we are hit or an armor piece that reduces the damage we take from kobold explosions by a high %. Make these unique effects take up part of the item budget. Make a Mythical with good rolls potentially better than a Legendary if whatever fancy stat/effect given to the Legendary isn't useful to your build.

This alleviates a lot of problems. First, no more crap RNG Legendaries that people use as upgrade fodder. Second, the item designers get to have some creative fun making themed Legendaries to the various maps. Third it adds depth to itemization. Do I want the legendary helm with the cool effect or do I want that Mythical with extra hero damage instead? Also by making a Legendary for each map we know which map to play to get it to drop so we can farm for that Legendary if we want it.

I think you're over complicating stuff i mean legendaries do have (bugged atm) a 100% chance to come with 3 special stats and they always have high stats. Making them rarer and simply making it so that the stats roll into something worth it more times would be the fix 'cause adding more stats that are simply fun wouldn't really be a fix imo 'cause the normal stats count a lot too and those are usually the issue (the special stats are too but that's a different thing).