Sign in to follow this  
Comeuppance

Disparity amongst power of the new legendary weapons?

i also think they need to look at what the apprentice legendary does as far as i can tell the monk and squire ones seem ridiculously op yet i get my Apprentice legendary last night expecting some cool tower effect much like the squires one and was greeted with 

"The Apprentices damaging towers now mark damaged targets" 

Now i tried this and firstly it does not mark targets the mark is "hidden" and you have to mark something yourself to even be able to use the barrage.

Secondly what point is there in doing extra damage with my barrage ability when im going to be in full tower damage/speed gear? and if i do gear AP for barrage then why would i be building towers in the first place.

i would like to see the effect changed to something actually usable like Apprentice tower damage has a chance to cause the Apprentice to fire a barrage at least that would be free damage and not require messing around finding a mark that's going to live to activate it in the first place.

the squire and monk legendary s are very very good bordering overpowered im just wondering why the apprentice got an essentially useless one.

Idk whats everyone elses thoughts on what they've seen?

The Monk one I would doubt is Overpowered because it needs to be your serenity aura - Plus it can vary it's hitrate, it's not fully working as intended yet

Huntress one intrigues me if it does stack linearly - -100 defense is quite a lot

@avaLancHe quote:

The Monk one I would doubt is Overpowered because it needs to be your serenity aura - Plus it can vary it's hitrate, it's not fully working as intended yet

Huntress one intrigues me if it does stack linearly - -100 defense is quite a lot

since it's not % it's simply direct numbers we would have to know exactly how much defense mobs exactly have to do some effect :P what if mobs have 10k+ defense is 100 a lot?

@Gutu quote:

@avaLancHe quote:

since it's not % it's simply direct numbers we would have to know exactly how much defense mobs exactly have to do some effect :P what if mobs have 10k+ defense is 100 a lot?

Can't seem to find it, atm, but somebody figured out the formulas for damage reduction awhile back.  Would just need to plug in their damage reduction and solve for defense to see how much the mobs have.  From what I remember, 100 would be very significant even in the 66% range.

@lordrahl quote:

@Gutu quote:

@avaLancHe quote:

Can't seem to find it, atm, but somebody figured out the formulas for damage reduction awhile back.  Would just need to plug in their damage reduction and solve for defense to see how much the mobs have.  From what I remember, 100 would be very significant even in the 66% range.

That is because the more damage mitigation something has the smaller the raw % number needs to be to significantly effect time to kill. The easiest way to see this is with a 99% mitigation. Reducing its mitigation by just 1% is a doubling of the effective damage it takes thus halving its ttk. Most games today balance their defensive stats with the rating translating into a mitigation curve that makes a debuff provide a similar ttk gain regardless of how much defense the target has.

The real question about the Huntress legendary is if there are mobs with low enough defense that they can be brought negative with the effect and does that translate into a damage bonus?

@Hecate quote:

That is because the more damage mitigation something has the smaller the raw % number needs to be to significantly effect time to kill. The easiest way to see this is with a 99% mitigation. Reducing its mitigation by just 1% is a doubling of the effective damage it takes thus halving its ttk. Most games today balance their defensive stats with the rating translating into a mitigation curve that makes a debuff provide a similar ttk gain regardless of how much defense the target has.

The real question about the Huntress legendary is if there are mobs with low enough defense that they can be brought negative with the effect and does that translate into a damage bonus?

That is a very good question! But i haven't noticed mobs besides through resistances having more defense than other through level