Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Campaign Mode

Foundation: Part 1 introduces the new Campaign Mode. Maps from levels 1-20 have been put in linear order. Additionally, the hero level curve has been adjusted to shorten the XP grind. Select “Campaign Mode” at the War Recruiter to experience this new change.

New maps become available once one of your heroes reaches the level required by the next map. Winning a map (completing all 5 waves) should bring your hero to the level required for the next map. Replaying a map should also only be required if you are defeated, or, if you change heroes for each Combat Phase.

DISCLAIMER: The current Matchmaking flow has been iterated. We are constantly looking for ways to improve it. Currently, the “Continue” button on the Summary Screen takes you to the next playlist BUT it will load you into the Tavern. Clicking on the War Table will show that a new map is available. It does not automatically load into the next gameplay map. Similarly, “Return to Tavern” takes you back to the tavern BUT the next map will not be available. We’re fixing this in coming patches.

How does the new Campaign mode feel compared with what was in the game before? How do you feel about the Campaign Mode overall?

Campaign mode is great! It flows very nicely with the increased XP rate, and it's a lot more fun than grinding a map over and over again to get the next set of maps. One complaint is that you can't move on to the next map with the same set of players, which is a bit disorienting, but asides from that, it's gold.

Overall, the Campaign mode is a great idea, and I love that it feels like DD1's progression system.  The only thing I don't like is (what you've already mentioned you're aware of) how it forces you to remove your higher level heroes from your hero deck when you initially select the mode.  Other than that, the idea is awesome and I like that it was added.

Starting off, unable to join the campaign with a low level while level 25s in deck. Removed them, joined private lobby out of social tavern and was able to add them back in. Leveling seemed to go much too fast at low levels. Starting out it's nice to feel like you're accomplishing things but also should have more time for people to figure out each tower as it is unlocked. (using high level builders).

Flow of the maps is nice, adds a bit more progression feel.

Campaign mode: ~2-3 hours
Leveling (Solo, all subs protected):
[Waves completed] (Map Name-Difficulty) [Ending Level]

Wave: 1/5  (Gates of Dragonfall-N)   6
Wave: 5/5 (Siphon Site D-N)             9
Wave: 5/5 (Dragonfall Sewers-N)    11
Wave: 5/5 (Forgotten Ruins-N)        14
Wave: 5/5 (Nimbus Reach-N)          15
Wave: 5/5 (Little-horn Valley-N)      18
Wave: 5/5 (Greystone Plaza-N)       19
Wave: 5/5 (Ramparts-N)                  20
Wave: 5/5 (Throne-N)                      21

Victory chests: 1 myth / 1 epic / 6 green

Campaign mode is way better, it's actually fun to level up, i want to level more heroes but i've deleted enough of them, so it's cruel from Trendy to give such a fun campaign mode that actually makes it worth and funny to level up but keep the 6 hero limit :L you guys are evil <3

Anyway this to say; i love it!

The campaign mode is better than what we had before, just fix the "triggers off highest level" to be "triggers off lowest level" and I think we'll be all good.

Ending a session with a party of 19, 19, 18.99 and coming back the next day and having to remove both 19s, start a tavern, then re-add the 19s is a pain in the butt.

With this hero setup I'm not allowed to play Campaign, it auctomatically chooses highet level rangel which is beyond range of one of my heroes. In the end I cannot start any game at all without removing some heroes.

Wrong%20level%20campaign_zpseyea6psa.jpg

It would be logical if the campaign map was automatically djusted to the lowest level of my heroes, I guess.

Campaign and xp may have been developed blindfolded i assume so not sure why you ask for feedback but here it is : 

I created a lvl1 hero for it.

First map first wave i earned 6 lvl...so i think theres nothing else to say except that the 4 last wave were useless because i obtained no xp from them....

Then i click on continue i still don't know why maybe cause im not sure about what i'm playing.

I arrived in the second map on last wave and finish lvl7 ok... then i click on continue.

Here it is funny i come back to first map first wave i'm lvl 7 against lvl2 monster.

and so on

I don't know what to say except that it was better before you worked on it so don't touch this again plz i'm still shocked.

one more thing having a pop up for stat you earn is useless it could have been nice in dd1 case cause you could spend your point but here you can't so why putting out the fact that you earn point you can't manage?

[[57915,users]] that would be because you unlocked all the challenges you had stuck at once which provided you xp for lvl 6, if you go again you won't have tha happening, and you could have went back to tavern and select a tier appropriate for your level. 

So take it as a nice xp boost for having played before that you get a lvl 6 and not xp being developed blindfolded, if you don't unlock challenges you should have a pretty normal and fun progression, but if you do it may allow you to skip some levels as you don't have to go through the level to unlock the next you just need level for it.

@Gutu quote:

Mufzor that would be because you unlocked all the challenges you had stuck at once which provided you xp for lvl 6, if you go again you won't have tha happening, and you could have went back to tavern and select a tier appropriate for your level. 

So take it as a nice xp boost for having played before that you get a lvl 6 and not xp being developed blindfolded, if you don't unlock challenges you should have a pretty normal and fun progression, but if you do it may allow you to skip some levels as you don't have to go through the level to unlock the next you just need level for it.

Maybe you re right i'm not sure about this because hero achievement were only blocked on steam not in game i had them done before campaign andfifth angel is reporting he obtained lvl6 at first wave as well maybe because of achievement or not.

@Mufzor quote:

Maybe you re right i'm not sure about this because hero achievement were only blocked on steam not in game i had them done before campaign andfifth angel is reporting he obtained lvl6 at first wave as well maybe because of achievement or not.

I know it's right 'cause if you do another hero this wouldn't happen and most likely the first time you did it you saw tons of challengings popping up like most of us who played the game significantly a bit before this patch =P

That doesn't mean that this is okay to happen, just that the xp provided by the map is fine and balanced.

After last wave of map 4 i finished lvl10 then the continue or tavern window show up and when my tavern load i hit lvl11 dunno why pretty sure i cant hit any achievement like this.

i was wondering how i can do the achievements if i cannot create a new hero since i have 6, and i cant delete one....

@puaf quote:

i was wondering how i can do the achievements if i cannot create a new hero since i have 6, and i cant delete one....

You can only delete a hero if they're not currently in your hero deck.

Hey forum...

am i the only one who cant do ANYTHING when i finaly gets into the "puplic" start lobby???

i cant select war-recuiter or anything.... so.. it kinda dossent work..... :(

When I was playing with a friend (I joined them via Steam interface) we played through a map, they leveled up into the next level range while I was still in the previous one.  Rather than continuing the party at the same level range, it auto-jumps to the next range and will auto-kick anyone below that level range.  This became a problem since I was constantly getting timeouts trying to get into a social tavern (let alone an actual game).

Would be nice if the Party Leader (whoever you are using as the player to determine the level range to put them in) can be notified of there being under-leveled heroes in the game and accept dropping down to a range they fit into.  Along that same logic, would also be nice if we could choose the range when making a private game so we can setup a game to play with our low-leveled friends (or first time players) instead of lowest level always having to "host".

New level range is totally messed up.

I've got  level 8 huntress now.

When I use "find group" option, it ends up with level 1-3 game.

When I wanted to launch private game, I ended in level 3-5 range -.-

I started a private game with my 3 lvl 23 heroes and got put into a lvl 16 match, which seems a bit odd  since i'm the only player there. Other then that this "campaign" mode seems somewhat pointless.  Theres no real goal or purpose as far as i can see and the  lvl selection in the tavern was fine before. I can name a dozen things that are crying for attention way more then something like this, regardlless the game is great and keep up the good work.

Theory - Perfect

Application - Good

Level Splits - Good to Perfect

Idea about XP nerf for overlevel - Needs work (If I earn 0 xp I get mad, maybe for each overlevel you get -2%, so a level 25 in a 1-3 would get 22*2 = 44% less xp.

Overall - Good

I don't like how campain mode checks for the highest lvl hero in your hero deck, and not the current one you are using. The game makes me edit my hero deck every time to enter.

Campaign mode is a ton of fun but there are certainly some issues. Overall though I think it was a step in the right direction

I noticed that playing certain maps will scale your level down to the maximum level designed for that map. That's great and all but why do you prevent higher level characters from playing lower level maps with lower level characters? In other words if I have a level 10 character and I want to play with my level 1 friend then why does it not let me join his game if its going to scale me to level 3 anyways? Why scale levels at all if I have to literally start a new character just to play with a level 1 friend? Is this intended or is this something that will be changed?

I posted this next issue in the bug forum already but after completing the second map in campaign mode I clicked the continue button and instead of taking me back to the tavern it put me in the middle of someone elses game on the first map again. After completing that map i clicked continue again and once again it put me in the middle of another game in progress on the first map. After completing that I did not have a continue button to click and instead had to go back to the tavern. I'm not sure if maps are unlocked solely based on level or if you have to actually complete a map but it said i unlocked the fourth map at that point even though i had never played the third one.

EDIT: one last thing as well. When i want to join a public game with one friend in my party how the heck do you do that right now? It worked fine before this patch came out. I have no idea how to invite my friend into my actual group in the social tavern now it just doesn't seem to work. We are basically stuck playing private games right now. I can invite him just fine in the group tavern

I very recently got DD2 but I played DD1 for a long while (it appears my post count carried over). After playing DD1 this matchmaking system is completely baffling to me. We have gone from being able to start a public or private game on a map of our choosing or picking from a filterable list of existing games to this disaster.

We cannot even choose to only join a game that is level appropriate for us. If I get put into the newbie map while trying to play my level 12 then all I can do is stick the game out till it ends or leave and come back to the game later because I will only be put back into that map if I try to join a new game. After doing this 5 times in a row and gaining no new gear upgrades or levels for my character I just gave up. I don't even want to log back in anymore.

@Hecate quote:

I very recently got DD2 but I played DD1 for a long while (it appears my post count carried over). After playing DD1 this matchmaking system is completely baffling to me. We have gone from being able to start a public or private game on a map of our choosing or picking from a filterable list of existing games to this disaster.

We cannot even choose to only join a game that is level appropriate for us. If I get put into the newbie map while trying to play my level 12 then all I can do is stick the game out till it ends or leave and come back to the game later because I will only be put back into that map if I try to join a new game. After doing this 5 times in a row and gaining no new gear upgrades or levels for my character I just gave up. I don't even want to log back in anymore.

The matchmaking is indeed a disaster right now. I encounter nothing but problems when I try to start pretty much any type of game right now. Trying to play with a friend is even worse. The game itself is quite entertaining but until the matchmaking really gets smoothed out there isn't a whole ton of fun here

It needs to show which map is for the current level, if you pick earlier levels it downscales you. It needs to be 1-25.