Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Daily Missions

Foundation: Part 1 brings the new Daily Mission system to DD2. Daily Missions are time-based goals that encourage you to play a little differently each day. For example, there's a Daily Mission in the game to Ignite 25 Enemies, meaning that you'll be changing your builds to create the Ignite combo.

How do you feel about the new Daily Mission system?

I like it. I would hope to have more varied rewards in the future. Xp and Gold bonuses are not rewarding enough for me to check the missions on a daily basis.

I'd love to see some choice between the two in terms of rewards.  Same rewards on the same mission make me flip a coin.  1000 exp or 100 gold...hmm... 1000 exp or a Mythical item, oooh...choices...

I like the idea, but now it needs some work, needs more creativity and be more rewardish. Maybe instead of giving the people the influence point by starting the game, how about giving the influence point for completing the daily mission? 

@Gutu quote:

I like the idea, but now it needs some work, needs more creativity and be more rewardish. Maybe instead of giving the people the influence point by starting the game, how about giving the influence point for completing the daily mission? 

How about 1 cash shop currency? Teehee :)

@Zea quote:

@Gutu quote:

How about 1 cash shop currency? Teehee :)

That would be fun, after a year worth premium currency they could buy the monk skin ahha =P 
But jokes aside it could actually be something worth thinking about. 

I think now the missions are pointless as you're "thinning the ranks" anyway. It's impossible to fail, so there is no challenge or joy.

It would probably be better if these missions worked more like challenges. Instead of "kill 25 drakins" have "finish a map with double drakin count". Now that'd be something challenging.

rewards dont feel like rewards at all (500 gold 1000exp)

u get like 25k gold by just finishing one incursion mode, or u know even opening a chest gives a lot more gold.

i do like the idea that daily quests would offer premium currency and also id like to see this daily quests more challenging

About the rewards, what do you think about receiving crafting materials (assumed blueprints will make their way into DD2) every 3rd daily mission and every 5th daily mission you get rare crafting materials?

I think the rewards simply should be bigger, then maybe make the missions harder as well.. You can only get a mission once a day, maybe make it a mission that it'll take a day to clear, but will be worth the hard work as well? I like the missions though, the problem is that there in my opinion would have to be TONS of different missions for it to work.. It would be wierd if the same missions started popping up after a month of playing the game.

@jako3578 quote:

I think the rewards simply should be bigger, then maybe make the missions harder as well.. You can only get a mission once a day, maybe make it a mission that it'll take a day to clear, but will be worth the hard work as well? I like the missions though, the problem is that there in my opinion would have to be TONS of different missions for it to work.. It would be wierd if the same missions started popping up after a month of playing the game.

I agree the rewards should be bigger, but many players don't have the ability to play for a whole day. Most people have jobs, or attend school, or both and can only play for a couple hours. I think these daily missions more target them, but I do agree that they aren't very rewarding yet.

[EDIT]: Maybe we could make the missions and rewards vary? Target both kinds of players. Small missions for small reward, and the other option the player selects from is a more difficult mission for a larger reward.

It wasn't very clear that you could do daily missions. I only saw some angry old man shouting !!! all the time.

@Chaskowolf quote:

@jako3578 quote:

I agree the rewards should be bigger, but many players don't have the ability to play for a whole day. Most people have jobs, or attend school, or both and can only play for a couple hours. I think these daily missions more target them, but I do agree that they aren't very rewarding yet.

[EDIT]: Maybe we could make the missions and rewards vary? Target both kinds of players. Small missions for small reward, and the other option the player selects from is a more difficult mission for a larger reward.

I wouldn't say they needs to take the whole day, but something to keep players going for 2-3 rounds.  If you want split choices then have 1 relatively quick, low garnishing reward and 1 longer/harder to get, more worthwhile reward.  

Getting two kill count dailies as your options is kind of pointless. The two options tend to spawn with equal frequency so its a non-choice. Make the two options a choice between a kill count and perform tricks every time.

I found mission completion unclear. I went back to the quest giver thinking that I would have to turn in the mission to collect the reward, but I could find no indication from the NPC's interface that I had already received the reward or what I was supposed to do next. I also got the impression that once I finished one mission I would be able to start the other, and was further confused when I could not find any way to do so. The whole system just feels sloppy and confusing.

@Folly quote:

I found mission completion unclear. I went back to the quest giver thinking that I would have to turn in the mission to collect the reward, but I could find no indication from the NPC's interface that I had already received the reward or what I was supposed to do next. I also got the impression that once I finished one mission I would be able to start the other, and was further confused when I could not find any way to do so. The whole system just feels sloppy and confusing.

lol you get a notification like an challenge completing letting you know that the challenge was completed and your rewards were added, it's called daily mission why would you get more than 1 a day? XD

How about scaling rewards?

If the XP gained would be a certain percentage of the XP needed to get to the next lvl, it would even relieve the hard grind in higher lvl areas (20-25). I'm speaking of 50-75% of the XP needed. With this, even players that dont have alot of time to play (1-2 matches a day) would be able to reach max lvl in an acceptable amount of time.

If there are players, who really dont want to level by grinding, u could combine this by selling a Daily resetting coupon-whatever in the coming ingame store.

Looking at the gold reward, it's a plain formality. You earn so much later on, and even if you're <25, there's always someone who can build, so you dont have to invest in pre 25 equip. To get it going on this side, i would suggest an additional reward, beside some more gold in later lvl. Something like "Defender Coins", which can be used to purchase e.g. Special Titles, which give some extra stats/stat points, or just look cool (or even show in form of an aura around your character). It would be implemented in the ingame shop and not purchaseable by real money like the currency, which will be used for skins and such.

I think they're too hard sometimes: some quests are just too long, I have to play 4+ matches to complete them. And I can't do so every day :/

I think they should be completed in 2-3 matches.

It's useless, even casual players will hit max level in a week, so 7 daily missions is 7k xp and level 24-25 takes 300k+ xp.

It's pointless, should've spent more time making something else.

The missions themselves aren't engaging the player, you simply run the map as you would anyway.

Different rewards for endgame players would be nice (for example, a myth or legendary), the xp is redundant and to be fair, the gold also redundant too, make way more than that in a game so perhaps just scale it higher. That being said I like the graphics and the idea behind it, and its great for early game players as is.

The daily challenges, although a good idea, feel underwhelming.  As it stands now the system is negligible at best, I feel it's hardly worth my time even bothering to accept the 'challenge' (I'm using that word /very/ loosely).  Nobody cares about xp or gold late game so the rewards are next to worthless.  The options offer very little variance in gameplay if any at all.  There's no real choice, kill these enemies, or kill those enemies.  Who cares?  I don't get anything worthwhile for either of those choices and neither are hard to complete.  When posed with an elemental kill count challenge, I just choose the alternate option.

Reading this thread I see a lot of feedback about how the rewards are weak. To those people I am pretty sure the current rewards are just something to plug in since the system was very recently added.

That said I have a suggestion for a reward that would be useful regardless of how advanced your character is. Give us a consumable or token or something that we can consume to upgrade an end of map chest one teir or make an end chest spit out an extra item.

I would suggest adding challenge like participate in 100 kills using a specific class, or stuff defeat 50 drenched enemies. That way the daily mission actually has player change their behavior to receive reward. This would make the daily challenge a bit more engaging.

Of course the rewards need to be good, I would suggest giving 1~2 daily coin depending on the difficulty of the challenge. Currently, there isn't really anything thing that a player really want, except maybe a good roll legendary item--but you can give those out or the game will be over soon enough.

As suggested before, giving player more choices of the daily challenge to cater to different players.

For each challenge, it can have 2 difficulties that spawn independently, and the difficulty can be drastically different. For example, for 1 daily coin, player are required to stun 50 enemies (which is very simple with a huntress); and for 2 daily coins, it is to stun 1000 enemies.

These daily coins can be turned in to get rewards like cosmetic aura, titles, dye, special pet, etc. This reward table can be updated to keep players interested in doing daily. Hopefully someday we will get stuff like tattoo/decal on character/outfit and we can earn some of them doing daily, so players can further customize their ninja monk with a ninja star decal