Sign in to follow this  
curtisgk

WTG I love the Seahawks

Well, this Superbowl was completely *censored due to profanity*. Who on Earth would ever have a team throw a *censored* pass for a Superbowl winning touchdown when you have the best runner in the *censored* league and only a *censored* yard to go. Regardless, I will stick by the Seahawks and hope the coach is fired. 

In this giveaway, you must prove your love for the Seahawks by getting a Superbowl winning seahorse. Farm Aquanos for the best seahorse possible. The person who farms the best seahorse will win an Amor. All seahorses must pass and item check to be counted in the giveaway. Good luck!

End date: Valentine's day, 11:59pm PST (GMT -8:00)

Edit: Yes, this is a grinding giveaway. No, I won't change it. We need more ult seahorses in the game. squire_small.pngkraken_icon.pngfwyvern_icon_medium.pngSharkman_insane.png

I think Harry needs to be banned from life for that comment. Lynch could have easily walked that with yard with every single member of the Patriots tackling him

Bump. Still tweaking the formula a bit, but I will post what I am currently using as a basis currently.

Methodology:

Population: I am using a population sample of the past 200 seahorses I have farmed. I will continue to farm horses for awhile and I hope to get a population of 500 by the end of the giveaway. 

Calculated values: 

The value will be calculated using a difference in mean squared. The programmer and I are still working on a way to translate their damage value to be comparable to be equal with stat values. I will say that it is more beneficial to upgrade damage and shots per second. 

Pseudocode:

if x stat is positive, then aValue= ∑(μy-μ)^2

If  stat is negative, then bValue= (∑(μy-μ)^2)*(-1)

If stat is tower, aValue/3 = aValue, bValue/3 = bValue

sValue= (Maxshotspersecond - shotspersecond)*10000 (as you can see, you horse better reach max shots per second)

Still working on projectile range which will be greatly reduced in value giving benefit to max out speed, though. The current plan is cValue=(Projspeed/1000)*500

Damage is hidden to see how people upgrade their seahorses.

There is a hidden multiplier according to quality of seahorse.

I am very bad at pseudocode and was hoping to just give an idea of how the process works. I can do the statistics part, but my ability to code is nonexistent. Have fun farming. :)

Farmed this yesterday

NKoCZil.jpg

Best seahorse ive got so far/ever but will be farming more so i will update if i get a better one :)
This will hit around 21k when uped if thats necessary :)

So are these seahorses supposed to be upgraded then? Seems like you formula is assuming they are?

It's up to you how you want to upgrade them. There's a way to get a slightly better seahorse if it spawns with good projectile rate. If it's not upgraded, I'll put all the upgrades into damage to calculate the final score.

ima start farming , but i wanna ask is there such a thing as ult seahorse , never seen one but ill be rly happy if there is a chance to get one 

@psych1 quote:

ima start farming , but i wanna ask is there such a thing as ult seahorse , never seen one but ill be rly happy if there is a chance to get one 

Yeah, it's possible but the chances are REALLY low.

Yes, there are legends of an almighty ult horse that roams the dark waters of the Etherian Ocean and waits to reveal himself.

I know of 2 legit ult horses.  No, I don't have any of them.  That was the greatest pass in the history of the game.  I understand his reasoning for it too. 

Based on your pseudocode, I think you're valuing tower stats as 1/3 those of hero stats, or something? Which means this probably won't have a chance, but I guess it's worth a shot?

1rMLLon.jpg

Edit: Could you explain a bit more how you're calculating the 'best' seahorse?
Here's what I've got so far:

You're comparing the entries to your population of 200/500/whatever farmed seahorses.
You're calculating a whole bunch of values based on difference in mean squared.
You're calculating sValue and cValue based purely on the entry's stats.
You're calculating a damage value based on a hidden formula.
There's a hidden multiplier.

Then what? Do you just add all the values up?
cValue=(Projspeed/1000)*500   <- Are you rounding/truncating after (Projspeed/100)?
sValue= (Maxshotspersecond - shotspersecond)*10000     <- So you want sValue to be 0?

Sorry for all the questions :P

sValue is backwards on that. It should have read sValue=(Shotspersecond-Maxshotspersecond)*10000 This is truly redundant and will most likely equal 0 every time due to it being best seahorse. 

I'm rounding to whatever digit place a TI-84 rounds to (I believe 14 significant figures) and then rounding to a whole value after the calculations have been made use the 14 sig figs the calculator stores. Keep in mind the formula is still being tweaked around a bit so it's subject to change. Hopefully someone spawns at least 1 supreme or ult seahorse from this.