Ideas for the Dungeon Defenders Community

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would spent more time on this side, if i would get any advantage of it

lets say you can rate posts of other people with a thumps up or usefull sign, if someone doing good posts (different persons have to rate thats clear) you can earn a lockbox key for 10 usefull threads or 50 gems or anything like this

• 2 weeks later...

@0564 quote:

i would spent more time on this side, if i would get any advantage of it

lets say you can rate posts of other people with a thumps up or usefull sign, if someone doing good posts (different persons have to rate thats clear) you can earn a lockbox key for 10 usefull threads or 50 gems or anything like this

isnt there a heart button below ur post? ohhhh ur just asking for rewards huh

i wont mind,i think thats a cool idea +heart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The following are merely ideas. Hopefully they are helpful.

Leader Board and Leader Board Events:

I think that there should be a section for people that have reached endgame content to be able to choose a map which provides the equipment for you. There could be both team and solo versions, and the leader boards could have a variety of types, such as time attack, onslaught, class specific, etc. With this, skill would be the primary factor involved. There could also be a leader board for overall scores.

Events could consist of a limited time circuit of maps, with prizes for the top ranking players, probably cosmetic or trophies, gems, etc.

Contests:

Examples:

Map designer contests based on community votes.

Load screen design contests.

The events listed in the previous section.

Training dummy dps contests (whatever that means).

Cosmetic design competitions were listed above too.

Rewards/Achievements for Contributing to the Community:

Good idea contributions, and participation in forums. Rewards could come with achievements, perhaps. Special rewards for those with certain contributions.

Please, help me out. I'm not a heavy PC gamer and all i have is a Macbook. I love dungeon defenders so much too when i played it on ps3. please make it for the OS X platform.

It feels as if this site is only made for mobile devices. The subforum-squares are totally counter-intuitive. The forum need at least the same features any vanilla-for-free-php-board offers.

Hi all,

I'm a french people so sorry for my english.

I have playing a lot of time in DD1 and I have see a lot of players Level.100 on full character and full strong items, this people playing just for fun so... I have think why not add a "Special Level" ? You know this level on Diablo 3 or Call Of Duty Black Ops 3, but the question is "Why ?" It simple it because is addictive, we can't really end our favorite game and I think DD2 is a good game for have this Special Level because it a farmer game, we are level max all the time. If we got more level (Not the real level, it a special level) like 1000 or infinite, I think we gonna got more fun (I don't say i don't get fun today, I say more) in DD2. I know the level cap is 50 today but for the future this idea is a good idea ( Ithink) but you can say no !

Sorry for my english again

See you in game.

A map maker would be awesome, where you would be able to vote on the end of the map and even donate a few gold pieces to the creator for the hard work.

An ingame friend list, as I don't want to add strangers to my steam list, as afterwards I get popups that they are playing other games, which I don't care for.

A party chat in tavern, as now you have to use the general chat

When in party, add names of people on character, It is annoying to be in the tavern and have invited a bunch of people, and not be able to know who has joined and who not.

When in tavern and in party, you should be able to remove people from the party (kick) 

• Harcore mode - Permanent death on a map / Death lasts til the end of the wave (forces players to think differently. This mode was also used in dd1, this would maybe even be an idea for a healing ability for the monk because squires would taunt and tank)
  • More towers and abilities for all the heroes, but only the same 4 slots, so that we have to switch between them depending on the map - this would make a more strategy based game
  • More advertisement/marketing for the game - Give players gems or even a special outift when they link their youtube/facebook/twitter/whatever to dd2, it's free advertisement for you guys when we post videoes about the game or tweet about it.
  • Stuff made by the community that we vote on to get into the game (Community maps, community enemies, community gear, community outfits)

• 3 weeks later...

could we get some bonuses like you earn more Defender medal when in a pre-made party?

I'd like to suggest the whole weapon elemental enhancements that were in DD1. If you get a weapon that does lets say water or poison damage, and you upgrade the bleep out of the element, It should make the weapon look like a complete baller having the element shooting out of it. Just sayin :)

• 5 weeks later...

Can we do competitions to design new tower skins that go with the respective character skins?

Could the skins also include changing the visuals of the projectiles?

• 4 weeks later...

This might be a wierd idea but what about bring back the jester from dungeon defender 1. I remember he was a useful hero with the power to move towers instead of them having to be sold. But I hope you can make a way to work the the other towers in different ways.

The game would be more fun when you play with other people, but I find out it kinda hard to find someone to play with. I think that if you make some kind of reward that you can only have through a pre-party, like another currency, or the old one. Btw, thanks for the fun game.

• 4 weeks later...

I tend to spend a lot of time in my inventory, this tends to bog me down after extended play. Gotta look at every item. In DD1 they had the thumbs up/down icon which was ok when you just needed a general idea of what items you really want to look at, but I think that idea can be improved.

What I would really like to see is a custom item preference for each individual character. I'll layout and example.

Say I have the one of my characters I want to min max in 3 main attributes. Say Tower damage, Tower Speed, and Tower Crit Dmg. As a part of the Inventory hud I would be able to mark next to the character page attributes with priorities for the stats I am looking for. For example I want Tower dmg top priority. So I select Tower damage and a select top priority, then Tower Crit Dmg second priority, then Tower Speed as the third priority. Then once i have my character sheet priorities set up my inventory will then highlight the potential items that have ALL of these priority stat items based on my priority settings vs my current gear to help me weed out the items I don't want.

This will greatly help the gearing process for multiple characters. Each character can have a roll and I wont have to look through 20+ items after every round to find 1 potential upgrade. (Note maybe instead of the green up/down we could get a mini icon of the character face that could use the item and the character initials or something that way we can immediately associate that item to what character can use it)

To extend on this you could then make a bag filter to only put the items that are potential upgrades based on your priorities in you bags. Then we would really have something special. This would minimize the monotomy of looting all these useless items at all. Then like in DD1 all items not looted could be safely converted into gold. I know this may have some caveats or tweaking such as if you have multiple characters then maybe it has to check every page for each character and pick up potential items for them as well. This could also be assessed by adding another inventory filter by adding your characters to a list and then being able to check which characters you are currently gear hunting for. Then it would only consider those customizations (this may help when leveling up as a new character with friends and you don't want to rush them through the game and you dont want it to consider other characters loot. Or also if your are doing a X character self found or some other similar self challenges).

This is something I have thought about in many games that fall into this category of loot based games, but have yet to see anything come to fruition for helping the player minimize the dull downtime of gear checking.