Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Ideas for the Dungeon Defenders Community

@iamisom quote:

Let's focus on things we can do on our forums or on our website right now. Any ideas?

Server Status Page

Knowing when the servers are having connectivity issues will make it easier to help the community and avoid forum spam :)

how about....

a way to organize all the weapons/gear in that screen

such as tapping a button to have stuff organized by class, high level -> low level, low level -> high level.. ect

it would make equipping/selling stuff much quicker and easier

After playing the first game, I loved how easy it was to find stronger items due to the green boxes around items that were way better than what you have equipped and getting rid of all the items no one wanted in between each wave. I am surprised this has not been addressed yet. It is very irritating sorting through every item since the beginning of the level to find that one with a green thumbs up. This should be implemented immediately as it would make loot farming a lot smoother and less frustrating. Also, more tower selection and ability selection can be a great addition.     

One thing very usefull you can put . is simply . in game hours next to our picture . to see if people know what they talking about (^.-) should be nice

So, i think there is just a few maps in the game, it would be great if there is more, with more creeps and more challenge, harder modes ..... so we could open a topic where we could share our ideas of maps to increase the number harder maps in the game.

I love too the ideas of Leaderboards, with weekly, monthly rewards.

I tried out this game with some friends and it appeared finally (may be we are wrong) that the game is simple and there is no challenge.

In addition of Leaderboards, some king of endless mode would be awesome.

apprentice_small.png
@iamisom quote:

1) What about special alienwarearena skin? ;

2) Pvp ,capture the flag;

3) Special place were you can take more mana like dd1 mushroom grandfather for build towers;

4) Add steam works mods;

5) Add more heroes and more skills for pirate;

6) Voice  chat +7.1 sound system ) ;

7) More perfomance options;

8) New type pets,more maps;

9) Dynamic change of day and night,weather effects;

10) Skins craft system;

11) Weapons effects like fire,cold,water,chain lightning,dropping power of the earth,stun;

12) Cards steam,backgrounds,more achievements.

Summoner_minimap_icon_c.png

I would definetly choose Map Creator and Mini Games for a simple but crucial reason, it will make this game infinite. One of the problem of DD1 was the very late game, since you have played few hundred hours and have been full geared, you were able to deal ( if i remember correctly ) something like 3.5M/4M damages on each auto attack and it made you able to one or two shoots almost everything even bosses. So obviously, this kind of gear wasn't on the hands of everyone but i keep thinking it's not hard to get it as soon as you are playing with your friends/mates.

The devs already did something to evolve the game with the differents NM difficulties ( NM1, NM2, NM3 and NM4 ) it will probably take multiples try, fails, and hundreds hours to reach the actual maximal gear but i keep thinking that is not enough. Including a map editor and some mini games will really increase the time spend on the game. At this rate it's purely commercial, more time the players stay on the game, more time the game stays alive and active so more time the devs have to prepare a next DD and also more money they earn but let's not talk about money here.

Anyway that's my way to see the things going to, i hope i'm not the only thinking on this and i really hope there will be a map editor.

Cya and have fun on DD2 guys ;)

@Jahaa quote:

I love too the ideas of Leaderboards, with weekly, monthly rewards.

I tried out this game with some friends and it appeared finally (may be we are wrong) that the game is simple and there is no challenge.

In addition of Leaderboards, some king of endless mode would be awesome.

There already is endless mode, It's called Onslaught.

@Dawa05 quote:

One thing very usefull you can put . is simply . in game hours next to our picture . to see if people know what they talking about (^.-) should be nice

Having a high amount of hours in the game doesn't necessarily implies being good at it though :p

core_forum_Icon.pngcore_forum_Icon.pngcore_forum_Icon.pngcore_forum_Icon.pngcore_forum_Icon.png

By the way, i've talked with some friends about a guild/clan system, and everybody seemed to agree that it could be nice. Some cool features could be :

core_forum_Icon.png Help for the Dayli/Monthly challenges : (Last hours of the day/ Last days of the month) you could complete the challenges for your fellow guild mates who couldn't finish it before disconecting and ticked something like a "help me finish my challenge".

core_forum_Icon.png The usual guild interface of course to invite anyone who is connected to your group. 

core_forum_Icon.png Maybe a guild leaderboard, but not like "who's the best guild in the universo trolo", just a board where anyone in the guild could see the progress of anyone in the guild : it would be simple to see who is advanced enough for the game mode you want to play .

core_forum_Icon.png A guild challenge everyday or every month maybe ? Something like kill 1.500.000 mobs or whatever that could be really cool to farm with your guild, in which everybody would get the same loot.

core_forum_Icon.png Last one for this post (i'll maybe make a really complete one if people are interested in that idea, as the devs are awesomely opened to ideas :p) maybe a guild system could be the first step for a mode with more than 4 players ? It wouldnt need to be a 10 players raid mode or something like that (would probably be too laggy?) but maybe in the minigames section some kind of guild territory minigame where everyone would have to play everyday to help the guild rank up ?(Some kind of in-game "eRepublik" for those who know it)

core_forum_Icon.pngcore_forum_Icon.pngcore_forum_Icon.pngcore_forum_Icon.pngcore_forum_Icon.png

Hope some people will enjoy the ideas, sorry for the long post but i'd really like to see some of these realised IG ^^

Sorry if my english is not good enough

hi,

what the heck, im really tired waiting for real dungeon defenders game. i already replied to patchnotes after they were released. nothing changed. im aware that we are the testers and its our own risk to play a pre-alpha (now alpha).

you creaters wanted to make a successor of dungeon defenders 1, but its nothing compared to the old part.

the game is marked as "tower defense" game, but you dont build towers to avoid the monsters reaching your crystal. players cry about the game is to easy ( in game modes like normal or insane or such things) no one is caring about nightmare 4 or incursion nightmare 4 or onslaught endgame. did anyone of the players here try to kill betsy in nightmare 4 ???? did anyone check spheres and what they are doing ? a cool down reduction sphere does literally nothing for huntress. the concussive to mine throw ability with ubersphere stays at 8seconds no matter if you use cooldown spheres or not. how does a common game run at the moment?

1.)you build blockades with squire (walls with healthy blockade stats) 

2.) you build frosty fire frost towers with apprentice

3.) you build elemental chaos and explosive traps

4.) with monk you add some sky guards or you play without anti air (hunters take care of them)

optionally some of the regen pots from monk for tank locations.

now you have to switch to wether tank or active damage dealer (only huntress is competitve at the moment)

now tell me how to make this happen if you play alone?????? we only have 4 slots available, i need 4 at least for building a working defense pool, + 1 dd + one tank

now next problem:

if u play alone u are the only one who is able to repair. if u play with 4 players you have 4 people to repair.

no one is playing with cannon ball towers, no one is playing with flame burst towers,

new highlighted and presented passive stats something with poison dart towers and hp added.. i got a full equip and only got 122k hp on it. i mean wtf??? whats the point? should it replace a squire wall which has 220k at tier 1 ??? dmg is below 1k dps if u play for hp with poison dart towers.

no one is playing with ballistas, no one is playing with flame thrower or heavy cannon ball spheres.. why?

because its not competitive compared to traps. 

traps:

advantages:

no aggro, so no active repair required

cheap price

you can handle both resistances because of physic dmg dealing explosive traps + magic traps

best dmg compared to price + footstep

disadvantages:

no air attack

if less hp then empty fast so repairs to refill required

ubersphere required for magic attack. (AT LEAST A USED UBERSPHERE)

you guys suggest things like leaderboards, meeting places and such unneccessary things.

does anyone know that u can instantly kill betsy at the moment? just throw some ubered grenades on attack1 on the trunk of wyvern den, as soon as betsy is going to land, she will die instantly..

now tell me why is the advised itempower 1000!!!!!!! for 3 or 4 maps of the map pool in nightmare4  difficulty if u can maximum get ipwr 700 items in that difficulty? imagine you can upgrade those in average to 40 more levels you are still below ipwr 800!!!! 

guys cant you calculate? why should i play maps with required level 1000 to get ipwr of 700....

why did u decrease the droprate of items in nightmare 4 in wave1??? do you think it makes fun to spend like 20minutes to build proper on for example grey stone plaza to get overrun in that wave over and over again to get 2 white items and maybe one green and if your lucky one blue??

of course i would like to finish a nightmare 4 map with most difficulty cluster but how?

try to play it in a public game and you will end up with semi afk guys who cant even repair their blockades...

i got 100s of more reasons to stop playing this game until you buffed normal towers to the power they have in dungeon defenders1. that you implement new outfits for crystals, do that its your game, you need the money, but at least allow players to buy endless space.. i already bought all available pockets already and i still need more space.

i finished life root forest in nightmare4 already a few times with a good playing buddy. but as soon as we are trying more difficult maps like little horn valley or wyvern den we gonna loose in first wave because its just IMPOSSIBLE to finish those maps with less than 4 players.

maybe its managable with 4 players who play active squires, i couldnt test yet, because i can only have 4 charakters with me and i got 5 already (2 hunters, 1 monk, 1 apprentice, 1 squire on lvl 50) all with around 680 itempower but not fully orange and i would really like to test betsies weapon on nightmare4. so tell me how that should work if i play alone or with one buddy only.

thanks

I believe we need a way to search in game players.  I also think that several of the ideas mentioned above, like leaderboards and mini-games, would be cool.

I am here to give you ideas! I love dungeon defenders 2, and I support this game completely. When I play dungeon defenders, my inventory is ALWAYS filling up!! I'm here to give you an idea to stop that from happening and I have a idea. That idea is a bank system, a bank in the tavern. Inside the bank would be TWICE AS BIG AS A REGULAR BAG, and there could be multiple banks that you could buy if you are a item collector (like me). The price would be 500 gems because 2 bags would be 250 each so it would add up. I hope you guys add this idea, I really think you should add it! 

Thank you for reading this.

-Spexen

Emoji_Apprentice.png

Heres My ideas on this:

Guilds:

For guilds it would cost gold to create a guild and you wll have the ability to go to your guild hall where their would be a guild banker,guild venders(Spheres,Relic,Blacksmith,Costumes),guild war table,etc..

Guild Levels:

What guild levels will get you is a higher rank on the leaderboard and allow you to get guild items from the guild vender when your guild has a high enough level you can participate in a guild gamemode (Endless or onslaught) where to place on the leaderboard for guilds you have to survive as long as possible. Futhermore every X amount of guild levels you get x amount of guild crystals.

Guild Cosmetics:

These could be the ability to change the apperance of your guild hall, towers (in the future), And skins for heroes.

Leaderboards:

Their is a Board in the tavern (Maybe hanging above the war table or mounted on the wall,or somewhere near the tavernkeeper) It would switch through all the leaderboards(Guild,solo)

(Design Can vary)

Leaderboard events:

This could be like clash of clans where you have it so  the top X amount of guilds get X amount of guild crystals crystals(This could also be for Heros)

Minigames:

Betting,Previous gamemodes from DD1

Global Stat Counter:

A tab is added into your character tab That shows you your rank on the leadboards and your stats

Sponsered Skins:

Maybe yearly the top guild will get a Cool guild swag item in game

Guilders Cast items too

Betting:

This would be in a seperate room inside the tavern and it would have an anoucner that says what is going on and you can see it in the room (with the race cars racing around and or pets)

*The Race cars could be what ever you want to make them just my idea*

Things to bet on:

pet racing table where you would enter you pet into the race or you could just watch and bet on who you think is going to win. (or have a racetrack around the room and their are racecars that come out from the pit stop area every x amount of minutes and race)The race cars have chance of Spinning out and overheating and the car stops on the track Samething with the pets. 

Rewards (Community Helping):

Guild Crystals,Costumes,etc...

Hey ! I think that making a community market IN the game would be great. People could sell or buy in there with the game money. Also you guys could create a place where you can buy a market and place some stuff in it

@D-Rob_LilDrunky quote:

and people would visit some specialized market. It will be a Market Place. The game will be funnier to play because instead of just fighting all the time you could build your business and create your own market.

Thx !

Hey ! I think that a place for pvping will be great ! Like you can teleport in a arena of your Level and queue to fight and while queuing you can stay in stairs and watch the others dueling. Would be great if we can also do team pvp fights with the same idea of arena. Also if you win you win a certain amount of money and the people in stairs could bet a amount of money on the fight of who will win.

I think that will be great and the game will become funnier to play. 

thx !

A Clan-System, where you can create your clan and show up steamplayers who are in the clan.

Additional a logo and a text about the clan,  interested can apply for the clan when they click

on apply there show up a box with requirements they must agree them.

The clan leader or the moderators get a message that somebody applyed for the clan.

2. additional user menu, where you can see the heroes of the player and some stats

I would suggest for the tournament that you will not go in the tournament-match with you normaly farmed gear but with standardised gear so that the Ladder will be influenced only by your skill and not by your time spend to farm the best gear. Or maybe making 2 different Ladders/systems.
So you have to choose in the beginning of a tournament a Class (Monk, Huntress...) and than the type of gear, Defence Power/Life, Defence Power/crit, Dps/Ability-power..... So you have the Possibility to choos a character but you can take only 2 with you, so you should group up and play together with your friend. In the same breath you could make the 3rd Ladder with Ranked-Teams that do make it even mor interesting to invite your friends and help them in improving their skills to get to a higher ladder-rank. The Ladder should be depending on the waves (enemies) you have cleared and the time it took you to finish the map (for the best) so that you alwayse have something to improve!
But the standardised gear/character is the most important part i have to say here!